Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

PILOT's FS Global

4 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Email pilot’s explain you bought it at fss

normaly you will have a voucher code

i did  that yesterday

Ok I will try, thanks for this!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, pmb said:

However, it remains to be seen if they provide this tool for the new mesh and if "flattening" airports is exactly what we want in the age of curved runways.

It does not remain to be seen at all.

The inclusion of the AFM2 Tool is mentioned in the feature list. One only has to download it seperately from the Pilots website.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The inclusion of the AFM2 Tool is mentioned in the feature list. One only has to download it seperately from the Pilots website.

Thanks, I didn't read so far, good to know.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

19 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I emailed him today. He says the new version of the AFM tool is coming shortly. 

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

Ok, installed Today FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE - NG 2020 FTX P3D5, but this is still present on non popular runways 😞

AFM will solve it?

I6jOfgXl.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

42 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Ok, installed Today FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE - NG 2020 FTX P3D5, but this is still present on non popular runways 😞

AFM will solve it?

I6jOfgXl.jpg

So I've found that when this happens you have to check/adjust a few things: 

-Orbx Vector

-AFM

-Add-on scenery

-FSAerodata (I know not being used for/in v5)

-Any duplicate BGL files for that airport.

You have to play with a combination of those on and off to get things fixed.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

No FTX Vector for v5, no AFM, no Addon here, vanilla v5 here + FTX Global + FTX LC Africa.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I bought FSGU 2020 today from Simmarket.  When I try to install it, tasked me for a password.  Eheredo I get that?

Thanks

Dave Symanow

3 hours ago, silentsage said:

I bought FSGU 2020 today from Simmarket.  When I try to install it, tasked me for a password.  Eheredo I get that?

Thanks

Password? Or Serial? Serial you have in simmarket order. Password for Pilots webpage (you can open account if you havent).

btw. next problem when you are in flight (here screen form v 4.5) and it moves with you:

d0gmg5x.gif

Radius maxed out to right. Near Salzburg.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

No FTX Vector for v5, no AFM, no Addon here, vanilla v5 here + FTX Global + FTX LC Africa.

Try going to each drive your sim, Global, and FTX are installed and search for the ICAO of that airport. 

You have a duplicate BGL file that is conflicting.  Once you locate all the BGL files, turn off one set or another (either Global or Africa) to BGL.off.  

See if that works.  AFM isn't out yet?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

AFM will solve it?

AFAIK the new AFM2-tool is not yet available, but it should solve this kind of problem of course.

But, because you are using OpenLC Africa it may happen, that there are some updated airfield included as well (I checked the installation and there are some additional airport BGLs).

If you're using any of them it may happen, that AFM2 will not help und you would end up correcting that airport manually (with ADE airport design editor or similar).

Could you provide the ICAO for the airfield you've tested?

Marc Weber

1 hour ago, Mischung said:

AFAIK the new AFM2-tool is not yet available, but it should solve this kind of problem of course.

But, because you are using OpenLC Africa it may happen, that there are some updated airfield included as well (I checked the installation and there are some additional airport BGLs).

If you're using any of them it may happen, that AFM2 will not help und you would end up correcting that airport manually (with ADE airport design editor or similar).

Could you provide the ICAO for the airfield you've tested?

I would probably never get to this airport but I'm going through Africa on Cub in Real time :biggrin: (I think there might be more problems like this).

Its HAGM airport. What is strange see this, FSGU NG2020 installed on v4.5 and v5:

v.4.5 HT3 - ok!

5TI1k6ym.jpg

v.5 - not ok.

HzIbH1Mm.jpg

Different datas? I didnt see any HAGM bgl. The same addons, only for v4. FTX Vector is installed.

bfLitMWt.jpg waM7efFt.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok, that's interesting 🤪

As there is no additional HAGM.bgl, I checked the Default-Airports in V4 and V5 and I think there's the problem:

They corrected the position of HAGM, because that was actually a bit of to the East in P3DV4.
So P3DV5 is correct on that.

Then they changed the elevation, but with 1636.99ft it is not correct! It should be =>  1771ft

QDafFTK.png

That would explain the sunken airport...

Two possibilities right now:

1. Wait for the release of AFM2 for the new mesh, as this should take care of such issues.
  2. Change the airport elevation by using ADE (airport desing editor). (bit more work 😉)

If anyone is interested, this is the result of the great tool from Pete/John Dowson makeRunways (runways.xml).

• Like 1

Marc Weber

Ok, that's interesting 🤪

Great find! :biggrin:

I wonder how much there is such a difference between v4 and v5. That doesn't sound good because maybe the mesh for v5 should be built differently?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok, that's interesting 🤪

As there is no additional HAGM.bgl, I checked the Default-Airports in V4 and V5 and I think there's the problem:

They corrected the position of HAGM, because that was actually a bit of to the East in P3DV4.
So P3DV5 is correct on that.

Then they changed the elevation, but with 1636.99ft it is not correct! It should be =>  1771ft

QDafFTK.png

That would explain the sunken airport...

Two possibilities right now:

1. Wait for the release of AFM2 for the new mesh, as this should take care of such issues.
  2. Change the airport elevation by using ADE (airport desing editor). (bit more work 😉)

If anyone is interested, this is the result of the great tool from Pete/John Dowson makeRunways (runways.xml).

What (program) did you use to edit default airports?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).