Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

V5 Review

OUTSTANDING review!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

A nice review thank you. Those waves do look incredible.

personally I’m sticking with 4.5 for the time being. As furloughed crew I need my real world aircraft and everything else to just work first time so I can keep my skills up to speed. I don’t want to be taking the gamble on V5 just at the moment, plus my disposable income isn’t what it used to be just now 😄

Once V5 gets more stable , especially with VR,and I get back to work I’m looking forward to making the leap over.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Thanks for the review, bro.

VR:  pffft, who can actually afford that?

spacer.png

Nice review, Nick - thank you.

Like you, I am not looking back, and while my GTX 1080 is working harder than ever my system is "mostly" stable. I did have the Hand of God smite me twice...  🙂

Subscribed!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Very nice and thank you. I have had V5 downloaded for a few days. I am going to dump V4.5 and load up V5 in a few min. Time to get things cleaned up and move forward even if the MS Hand of God gets me! LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hi. Great review. Might have missed it on your video clip, but what scenery addons have you managed to install so far? Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Looks good.. but unless PTA/Tomatoshade ( either is fine) , Activesky, EZDOK and various other addons are updated , completely no-go for me.

Not going from my pimped-up 4.5 to a semi-vanilla v5 , regardless of the performance increase ,

Maybe in several months , but not now..

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Looks good.. but unless PTA/Tomatoshade ( either is fine) , Activesky, EZDOK and various other addons are updated , completely no-go for me.

Not going from my pimped-up 4.5 to a semi-vanilla v5 , regardless of the performance increase ,

Maybe in several months , but not now..

That’s why I have a better looking semi-vanilla wife because she is à version Five!

Edited by rob0203
  • Upvote 1

Ezdok beta release maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Hi. Great review. Might have missed it on your video clip, but what scenery addons have you managed to install so far? Regards.

It’s just orbx. The Bronanza was in orbx Aussieland V2. The 172 stuff and the cub was outside KFHR (the orbx KFHR) and obviously the PNW. The 182 was in the southern USA so Orbx global and NA LC.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

9 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

From a guy who flys mostly GA and VR now days..

Thanks a lot for the video.

I haven't uninstalled v4.5 yet but I haven't gone back to it either since I bought V5 despite some bugs that should be solved quickly ...
Now a question, please what is your configuration?

Thank you.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

12 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Thanks a lot for the video.

I haven't uninstalled v4.5 yet but I haven't gone back to it either since I bought V5 despite some bugs that should be solved quickly ...
Now a question, please what is your configuration?

Thank you.

Richard.

Ryzen 3600

2070 super (was a 2060, but was hitting the vram limits pretty hard so I upgraded on Monday to the 2070 super).

16gb ram

Not that it matters but I have P3D on a separate m.2 pcie nvme drive.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Ryzen 3600

2070 super (was a 2060, but was hitting the vram limits pretty hard so I upgraded on Monday to the 2070 super).

16gb ram

Not that it matters but I have P3D on a separate m.2 pcie nvme drive.

Thank you,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

It’s just orbx. The Bronanza was in orbx Aussieland V2. The 172 stuff and the cub was outside KFHR (the orbx KFHR) and obviously the PNW. The 182 was in the southern USA so Orbx global and NA LC.

Ok. My installation of v5 is still vanilla. Taking it step by step!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X