Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How's the coverage in Asia in MSFS 2020?

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

You won't be disappointed with Asia. I really can't tell much about it, but yeah, basically it's a whole new world.

Ha! Good to hear that.

3 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

I think MSFS will likely use landclass method mostly in this region?  

I don't remember Asobo ever saying that they would use LC or that Bing would be their sole source of imagery. 

On 4/27/2020 at 2:28 PM, bernd1151 said:

I'm more into exploring the jungle airstrips of South East Asia.  

Thanks Bernd

Besides the jungles of Borneo,Assam or Indochina (hey we know the PNG ones inside out, right ?) , I look forward to see paddy field terraces in the sun,  densely populated rural areas like the region between Hanoi and Haiphong, the deserts (Rajasthan, Central Asia), quaint airports in the wilderness like Mae Hong Son or Luang Prabang etc.

And YES! these are hints for screenshots 😉 😄

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

31 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I look forward to see [...] densely populated rural areas like the region between Hanoi and Haiphong [...]

This is what it could look like. It's from the X019 trailer. I've never found the spot but I guess it's somewhere in Southeast Asia.

g58wmTK.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

If this is true, I am very excited. I definitely want to fly all over Asia, especially the SE region such as Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines as well as Japan, Korea! Very curious to how these areas look in MSFS 2020.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 4/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, KERNEL32 said:

So then I take it that Asia doesn't match the fidelity mentioned in the video above?

Actually it does, I have been to fairly remote places in Asia in real life and when I visit those in MSFS, they look pretty convincing. The buildings won't match, (you just cannot have photogrammetry for the entire world, especially not for all those remote little villages), but the flora and landscape is all there. Flying from Luang Prabang (Laos) for example into the wilderness, you will pass over small rivers and see tiny villages dotted along their shores, just as you experience in the real world. And remember, we are still in alpha !!

Whoever administrates this forum here, if you think I went too far with my description, please delete my post, before I get kicked out of the Alpha team 🙂

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 4/29/2020 at 9:49 AM, Dominique_K said:

Hahaha, I have posted plenty of them at the MSFS screenshot forum, now it's up to MS/Asobo to make some of them public 😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Hahaha, I have posted plenty of them at the MSFS screenshot forum, now it's up to MS/Asobo to make some of them public 😀

A shame that we’ve not seen any !

The last time, I was in Luang Prabang, I flew there in a Royal Air Lao DC-3, doesn’t make me any younger, does it ? 

I don’t expect to see all the temples but, at least, a good mesh and the Mekong with the right color (hint : it is not blue 😉).

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Hahaha, I have posted plenty of them at the MSFS screenshot forum, now it's up to MS/Asobo to make some of them public

Asobo should make the screenshot forum public!

Can you post some of the Philippines, especially around Manila (RPLL) and maybe Boracay/Caticlan (RPVE )too?

• Like 1

Matthew S

On 4/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, Shack95 said:

This is what it could look like. It's from the X019 trailer. I've never found the spot but I guess it's somewhere in Southeast Asia.

I'd expect more blue/green/brown coloured roofs.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'd expect more blue/green/brown coloured roofs.

Agreed. But all in all I think in this screenshot the scenery looks pretty good, particularly because of the accurate placement. And let‘s not forget, this is from an early build.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

9 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Asobo should make the screenshot forum public

I second that. 

• Like 1

Dominique

I've been requesting for quite sometime now, we have seen enough of other continents why not Asia this time? Manila flyby please?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Asobo should make the screenshot forum public!

Can you post some of the Philippines, especially around Manila (RPLL) and maybe Boracay/Caticlan (RPVE )too?

Matthew, one of my Palawan pics, I uploaded to the MSFS screenshot forum, was released yesterday. Any other pics I uploaded that covered downtown Manila, RPLL, Ortigas, Ayala Alabang, Bagio, Ilocos Norte or Caticlan I cannot post here without violating the NDA. The only thing I may be allowed to say is, I don't complain 😃 

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

. The only thing I may be allowed to say is, I don't complain 😃 

We say the trees are too tall, the water is not as it should be and then we look at P3D with Global and Vector

2020-5-1_10-9-33-639

and we smile 😉 !

PS this is Pangulasian Is. shown in the update thread

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

PS this is Pangulasian Is. shown in the update thread

And now, Dominique, you fly as close to the island (and as low) as I did and what will we see then? 😃😃