Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Again... terrain reflections bugged...

Hi all, this is now the third full version release where those terrain reflections are just bugged like hell and resulting in reflections of nothing at the boarder of deep sea waters to shallow coastal waters:

2020-4-25_17-46-7-588q1jr3.jpg

2020-4-25_17-46-13-77wgj6c.jpg

V3 had this bug, nothing was done about it. V4 had this bug and nothing was done about it and guess what? Correct, above screenshots are from V5. And most probably, nothing will be done about it. I know, not many use terrain reflections on, but if you offer it, it should at least be bug free finally, no?

I know it might be related to the scenery developers, above shots are from MK Studios LEPA. Also the coastal water is loading in square patches very close to the airplane, simply not looking right. I several times thought that this is an issue with my installation somehow, but as LEPA was the very first scenery I added to the otherwise blank default v5 and it already showed this bug, I am pretty sure it is not on my end.

What can I do about this? I hate turning off terrain reflections, as the land then seems to be floating above the waters, especially if the coast has hills etc. Thanks for any hint.

Regards

Chris

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Hi all, this is now the third full version release where those terrain reflections are just bugged like hell and resulting in reflections of nothing at the boarder of deep sea waters to shallow coastal waters:

V3 had this bug, nothing was done about it. V4 had this bug and nothing was done about it and guess what? Correct, above screenshots are from V5. And most probably, nothing will be done about it. I know, not many use terrain reflections on, but if you offer it, it should at least be bug free finally, no?

I know it might be related to the scenery developers, above shots are from MK Studios LEPA. Also the coastal water is loading in square patches very close to the airplane, simply not looking right. I several times thought that this is an issue with my installation somehow, but as LEPA was the very first scenery I added to the otherwise blank default v5 and it already showed this bug, I am pretty sure it is not on my end.

What can I do about this? I hate turning off terrain reflections, as the land then seems to be floating above the waters, especially if the coast has hills etc. Thanks for any hint.

Regards

Chris

Test with default to see if you have the same problem...if not go back to MK Studios?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, if I would have any idea where to get in contact with MK Studios. It is not only their scenery, some ORBX sceneries show the same error, some sceneries from FSDG show this error, basically most of the sceneries having an edge between deep sea and coastal waters show this bug. That is why I think it is also not only the issue of MK Studios, but a general bug of P3D... since v3...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That blurry coastal water in the distance is unacceptable to me. Did they think we would not notice? As Mike Tyson would say "it's ludicrous!"

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This is 100% a bug from MK Studios, you do not have this in default v5 or ORBX sceneries for example.

Greetings, Chris

First one looks like the bug we've seen for years now, believe it's the underwater mesh display through the water. Second one looks more like a scenery issue. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Yes, if I would have any idea where to get in contact with MK Studios

To get access at their support you must register, but you never get the validation mail.
Once registered, it is impossible to "re-register", and to complain  you need to register !!!!
I asked assistance from SimMarket but never get any feedback.

It's a pitty, because there scenery are interesting !

If anybody has succeed to get in touch with them, please tell us how.

Gérard

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Regards

Chris

There is another visual bug...in that if you let's say at Dawn, have a coastline with mountains, or truly, any elevation, what you will see reflected in the water surface (at least on the open ocean) is a pale blue solid pallet. No wave action, just looks like a pale blue paint has been 'spilled' onto the surface. Also, vegetation  AND simobjects reflected are scrambled to some degree, with the sim objects, like apartment buildings close to shore (such as can be found at Myrtle Beach, S.C.,  when viewed over the water glancing back towards shore on your climb-out and turn to climb-out vector, are at least twice the size (in the water reflection) than the land based, sim0bject causing it.  So for the time being, since water is a very important 'feature' of my flight time,...most of my usage is around Amphibian aircraft,  both land and water landings and take-off's each flight...is to have them turned off.   So, for the time being, I only have user-plane (two boxes) clicked off.  With that, I see no further weirdness, but do have reflections of my aircraft, and reflections of my A.I. marine traffic.  I hope that gets groomed in a sub-release.

• Like 1