Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Eaglesoft still in business?

At the risk of being flamed for being a "child of the magenta"........I would like to see a study level small business jet with an auto throttle, and a classy keypad style FMC :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone even own their 32-bit Citation XLS. I have not even read a review of this product. The only thing I have to go off of were some very early videos of a small part of their avionics working. Tough to make a call on something that hardly no one has seen. 

Price point on business aircraft will always be a point of contention. As most people think it is smaller and automatically less sophisticated. That is hardly the truth and in fact a modern business jet is as sophisticated with as many systems and in most case more advanced avionics then most airliners. From a developer standpoint you still must build electrical, hydraulic, bleed-air, pneumatic, fuel, utility and avionics. 

The King Air is very much a turbine powered airplane. It is a turbine engine that turns a propeller as opposed to a turbine engine that turns a fan. It is a huge step up from your piston pounding twin cessna.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

At the risk of being flamed for being a "child of the magenta"........I would like to see a study level small business jet with an auto throttle, and a classy keypad style FMC :cool:

Christopher !  Put yourself in "TIMEOUT"  please ! 😜  The words "study level" and "auto throttle" in a business jet are like finger nails on a blackboard ! 

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

29 minutes ago, KenG said:

Does anyone even own their 32-bit Citation XLS. I have not even read a review of this product.

I beta tested the XLS+ (32 bit) for ESDG and it is a very nice aircraft.  For the 32 bit sim customer, it has well made systems ("includes Airframe Specific Collins Pro Line 21 Avionics Suite for the discerning Simulation Pilot") with nice graphics (though quite pricey).  Unfortunately the development went very slow and I opted out prior to RTM. At the time I was flying P3Dv4 and beta testing in P3Dv3. The testing reached a very slow point of progress and I just lost all interest in pursuing (flying) in 32 bit.  Even though I do not agree with their marketing strategies and/or pricing on 32 bit products, I still think they are a wonderful developer and wish them well.  Here's a link to their offering >> http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/xlsplusG3.htm

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

Frankly what I think happens when simmers ask/plead for a high end bizjet: big devs say there's no market for it (translation: it's too word not allowed expensive and complex to reproduce the avionics so we won't be doing it)

I agree with KenG...high end modern bizjet avionics are more in depth than commercial airliners.

That all being said, if Eaglesoft decides to put out a C750 for the new MSFS, in a timely manner, I'd buy it day one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

24 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Frankly what I think happens when simmers ask/plead for a high end bizjet: big devs say there's no market for it (translation: it's too word not allowed expensive and complex to reproduce the avionics so we won't be doing it)

No market for it ?  That's where THEY are wrong !  Take a look at Carenado's forum here.  How many years and $$$  have serious simmers spent buying Carenado system less jets only to spend more years on user modifications to have something decent to fly ?  Thank God for simmers like Bert, Janek, Raymar, Novej757 and many others for filling this niche.  

Now that developers like Milviz and ESDG have finally produced their realistic Pro Line 21 Avionics, I am hopeful they will realize there IS a valuable market for Executive Jets in Prepar3D and MSFS.  Long live the future of  LEAR, CITATION, CHALLENGER, DASSAULT, and many more ! 

WAT1460.png

15 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

rsion of their xls, along wi

I definitely miss the Beechjet 400. I guess I can always re-install FS9 and FSX to fly it. I tried building one as a T-1A Jayhawk once and completely flunked out of Gmax 101.

Keith Guillory

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

No market for it ?  That's where THEY are wrong !  Take a look at Carenado's forum here.  How many years and $$$  have serious simmers spent buying Carenado system less jets only to spend more years on user modifications to have something decent to fly ?  Thank God for simmers like Bert, Janek, Raymar, Novej757 and many others for filling this niche.  

Now that developers like Milviz and ESDG have finally produced their realistic Pro Line 21 Avionics, I am hopeful they will realize there IS a valuable market for Executive Jets in Prepar3D and MSFS.  Long live the future of  LEAR, CITATION, CHALLENGER, DASSAULT, and many more ! 

Can you imagine if Carenado would offer a service to devs where they could just do textures for higher quality aircraft like the Citation X? 

That should be the Carenado brand. "High quality textures for study level aircraft."

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Can you imagine if Carenado would offer a service to devs where they could just do textures for higher quality aircraft like the Citation X? 

That should be the Carenado brand. "High quality textures for study level aircraft."

If they wanted to, developers could just go directly to the same texturing company that does a lot of the texturing for Carenado.

Edited by ark

9 minutes ago, ark said:

If they wanted to, developers could just go directly to the same texturing company that does a lot of the texturing for Carenado.

Of course you could but have a look at our FB Page and note the CXG4 and XLS+ G4 VC Textures from our own shop...😎

Edited by N400QW

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

4 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Of course you could but have a look at our FB Page and note the VC Textures from our own shop...😎

My post was just general info, not meant to be critical of Eaglesoft since I currently don't have an Eaglesoft products and so haven't seen an Eaglesoft textures.

Edited by ark

21 hours ago, DJJose said:

You should search for the thread it's an entertaining one. 

That whole thread is a study in how not to deal with potential customers. A shame. I've been watching ES for a couple of years now because I'm among the group that's very eager for a good biz/private jet for P3d. Even though I plan to get MSFS2020 (yes, I know, I'm calling it that anyway) most likely on release week, I'd still pay PMDG prices for a high quality private in P3d4. But that window's closing fast - I'll still buy P3d stuff until I own the new one, but once MSFS hits, that's where my dollars are going even though I will most likely continue to dual-sim on P3d for a long time after.

And the bizarre decision not to support the navigation subscription that probably 99% of simmers use and instead require an extra $40 per year on top of that subscription (because it's not like I'm gonna let my PMDG/Leonardo planes go navdata-stagnant just because ES wants me to get a different service) does make it a hard sell. And then all the angry, mocking responses to real, non-trolling complaints/concerns.. Well, that's not really helping their PR image any.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vcarlo said:

finger nails on a blackboard ! 

i cringed just reading that!! UGHH

😄

• Upvote 1

Luke Pype

Fact is we are working on 64 Bit Projects as outlined previously, and no amount of grousing and complaining is something we care to discuss ad infinitum

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

21 minutes ago, N400QW said:
  • We ignore detractors and/or sour grapes "experts" and advise others to do the same.😎

..and no amount of grousing and complaining is something we care to discuss ad infinitum

Ohhh boy.... I didn't want to response, but I simply have to.
Ron, with due respect... Chill out a bit and don't feel offended by each and every posting about Eaglesoft.
I have never read a reply from Eaglesoft which didn't have a specific undertone (English?) 
Cheer up, life is too beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11