Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

3 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Sure, that's very easy to do.  On caveat, I only use a 1 sec. sampling rate (for low overhead purposes), so if the enroute vertical separation is decreased to a very small value, AIFlow may have problems detecting it in a timely fashion (especially if there is also a high closing rate between the user and AI at cruise speeds).  I think +/- 800ft would be fine though.

In the case of low vertical separation during enroute, you want the AI move anyway!!  🙂

It's more when you're at FL330 and the other guy is at FL340 at cruise, he won't shoot off and evade you if the vertical separation is greater than the set value.  Maybe make it configurable by the user with that caveat in the instructions.  Some might want a bigger separation, or smaller.

Thanks Roland!

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Did anybody try this iteration of AIController with P3Dv5 on a networked client pc? Does it work?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it will work via the usual simconnect networking setup (e.g., installing a simconnect client on a networked PC and configuring it to communicate with the simconnect server on the P3D PC).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

I'm curious, why are you using the kill function in FSUIPC when closing down P3D?  All three utilities should end automatically when P3D ends.  

I use FSUIPC to open and close various programs with P3D. It was useful for hiding AI Ground and Flow when I first started using them but I see now that they do hide and close with P3D.

At least AI Ground and AI Flow do but AI Cull still gives the dialogue box when P3D shuts down

Cheers

Steve Hall

hello I use UTL and I find that the plane stops too quickly and makes clearances to see a little odd how to correctly adjust the .ini in order to obtain a more real rollout to also avoid go-around

Hi Roland - Love the programs, especially the AI ground functionality. 

Just a quick heads up with AI flow - I have noticed that if you have the bad AI approach filter (too high filter) on - it will also redirect the user's plane if it thinks you are too high. As I've been approaching into PANC, my route takes me over the airport at 17000ft or so and loop back around to the runway. With bad AI filter disabled, no issue. But when enabled, it takes over the user aircraft putting it at full speed away from the airport.

3 hours ago, xavier971 said:

hello I use UTL and I find that the plane stops too quickly and makes clearances to see a little odd how to correctly adjust the .ini in order to obtain a more real rollout to also avoid go-around

Add this to AIGround.ini: 

AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=15.0

AILANDINGTARGETTIME=25

INIPERIODICUPDATE=1 //so you don't have to restart AIGround when you change .ini values.

You may need to tweak the values above in addition to AILANDINGBRAKINGGAIN.  There's extra info. in the readme about these parameters.

3 hours ago, jonezy10 said:

Just a quick heads up with AI flow - I have noticed that if you have the bad AI approach filter (too high filter) on - it will also redirect the user's plane if it thinks you are too high. As I've been approaching into PANC, my route takes me over the airport at 17000ft or so and loop back around to the runway. With bad AI filter disabled, no issue. But when enabled, it takes over the user aircraft putting it at full speed away from the airport.

Thanks for the heads up, good catch!!  I'll get this fixed. 

• Like 1

Hi and thank You for Your greate programs Sir 

How did You set AIController to use together with AI Flow and Aiground? 

As i have jump to P3d v45 from fsx i don't using it becouse i was thinking that it not works. I used v1.4 becouse it was stable for me - with v2 i had CTD all the time. 

Correct me please if I'm wrong - to use aic i have to disable all functions witch aiflow/ground has? 

IS it possible to use SID, STAR and Airways from AIC with all functions from AI Flow and AI ground? And witch version of AIC is recomendet for P3D v4? 

Best regards 

Grzegorz 

On 6/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, Grzegorz said:

Hi and thank You for Your greate programs Sir 

How did You set AIController to use together with AI Flow and Aiground? 

As i have jump to P3d v45 from fsx i don't using it becouse i was thinking that it not works. I used v1.4 becouse it was stable for me - with v2 i had CTD all the time. 

Correct me please if I'm wrong - to use aic i have to disable all functions witch aiflow/ground has? 

IS it possible to use SID, STAR and Airways from AIC with all functions from AI Flow and AI ground? And witch version of AIC is recomendet for P3D v4? 

Best regards 

Grzegorz 

Hi Grzegorz, I think AIController 1.4 (SID/STAR) can be run at the same time as AIGround. 

AIController is not compatible with AIFlow however because they would both be commanding the same AI on approach to do different things.

I've read reports that AIController 1.4 runs in P3d v4.5, you just have to setup the install paths correctly. 

Some updates:

AIFlow v1.1 HF6:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5io0cix4v0p1g5/AIFlow_v110HF6.zip/file

Fixed: sometimes when using bad approach filtering (AI too high), AIFlow would also redirect the user's plane.

Added: option to further customize existing user-AI separation functions:  (1) min. vertical separation at cruise alt.

AIGround v1.1 HF6:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/z3y832kt77flpnl/AIGround_v110HF6.zip/file

Fixed:  Sometimes AI would stop when too close to the user as normal, but then start again, then stop (cyclic stop-start).

AICull v1.0 HF2 (No Changes): https://www.mediafire.com/file/vkwco8nznwkx6vo/AICull_v100HF2.zip/file

• Like 3

Is there a way to increase the roll out distance of departing AI or is this beyond the capabilities of these apps? For AI junkies, these apps have been game changing! Thank you for your work! 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On 6/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Hi Grzegorz, I think AIController 1.4 (SID/STAR) can be run at the same time as AIGround. 

AIController is not compatible with AIFlow however because they would both be commanding the same AI on approach to do different things.

I've read reports that AIController 1.4 runs in P3d v4.5, you just have to setup the install paths correctly. 

Thank You very much. I will try aic and ai ground on free time. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, SolRayz said:

Is there a way to increase the roll out distance of departing AI or is this beyond the capabilities of these apps? For AI junkies, these apps have been game changing! Thank you for your work! 

Great idea, although I'm hesitant to add features (want to upload an official revision to the lib), I'm adding this one because it is a logical extension of the landing roll out.  Thanks!

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray
  • Like 1

Some updates:

AIGround v1.1 HF7:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/ytizy4ukf1ze2xg/AIGround_v110HF7.zip/file

Added: AI takeoff roll distance can now be adjusted (similarly to how landing roll distance is adjusted).

Fixed: All .ini parameters now revert to default when commented out when using .ini periodic reads (makes tweaking easier).

Fixed: AI landing roll out time was not turned off (zero) at default

Fixed: Extraneous white space around value in .ini file causes value not to be read.  

AIFlow v1.1 HF7https://www.mediafire.com/file/r03jw5an4s1jng5/AIFlow_v110HF7.zip/file

Fixed: All .ini parameters now revert to default when commented out when using .ini periodic reads (makes tweaking easier).

Fixed: Extraneous white space around value in .ini file causes value not to be read.  

AICull v1.0 HF3https://www.mediafire.com/file/uj0qwtz5zhgh2ja/AICull_v100HF3.zip/file

Fixed: Extraneous white space around value in .ini file causes value not to be read.  

• Like 1

Thanks for this nice Tool. I felt that AI Smooth was back.

By the way, I have two requests.

The first is push back turn. I think this was previously requested by another person, but what happened as a result? Is it an under consideration or an abandoned plan?

Second, can you implement so that crosswind landing is possible when AI landing?
I don't know the official name of this crosswind landing, so I pasted the X-Plane AI-Traffic video as a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7__rkbpFIbA

Every time I get around to downloading and installing the latest version, a new HF appears! Where do I 'complain' about updates being released too frequently? 😆

Great stuff, Roland. Really appreciate your efforts.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter