Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

For me, If I do not run as admin, Aicull start, the menu is there, I cat 'exec' a rule, the aicull console says it is deleting ai, but it is not actually deleted, unless I run it as admin manually

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Hi Roland @Clipper Ocean Spray:

Just a minor request. Would it be possible in AI Ground to extend a bit more the distance traveled back by the aircraft after the initial pushback?. I think maybe doubling that distance would be Ok in most situations.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 5/31/2020 at 9:55 AM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Yep, same here with on my kid's PC (they don't have an admin account).  There are other utilities that require me to run P3D in admin mode (in an non-admin account) as well.

@Clipper Ocean Spray, I notice that I'm the only one with that problem. My Win10 is an admin account. Do you know why the addon.xml method wouldn't work for me? I have to start it manually every time.

And can we have a execute mode on startup. I would like to be able not to have to go thru the menu to 'exec' it

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Hi Roland, just an idea... After watching a video or two of smaller props and turboprops taxiing and taking off (e.g. https://youtu.be/YU8tKq7xL_0), what strikes me visually is how much they bob around. Maybe you could implement something to simulate that, similar to the small corrections your tool induces on AI on final approach?

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 7/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, vincentrouleau said:

@Clipper Ocean Spray, I notice that I'm the only one with that problem. My Win10 is an admin account. Do you know why the addon.xml method wouldn't work for me? I have to start it manually every time.

And can we have a execute mode on startup. I would like to be able not to have to go thru the menu to 'exec' it

You have to run P3D either in an admin account or as a admin in a non-admin account.  Some time ago, I made the "mistake" of installing P3D for my kids in a NON-admin account.  P3D (including addon.xml) and many utilities simply won't run correctly.  Evidently, children are NOT supposed to use P3D (or only children with admin accounts).  😉

On 7/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, edpatino said:

Hi Roland @Clipper Ocean Spray:

Just a minor request. Would it be possible in AI Ground to extend a bit more the distance traveled back by the aircraft after the initial pushback?. I think maybe doubling that distance would be Ok in most situations.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

I'll look into it, I think it is possible.

21 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hi Roland, just an idea... After watching a video or two of smaller props and turboprops taxiing and taking off (e.g. https://youtu.be/YU8tKq7xL_0), what strikes me visually is how much they bob around. Maybe you could implement something to simulate that, similar to the small corrections your tool induces on AI on final approach?

Good idea, I think it is possible.  For the next round, I'm looking to improve the effects for both landing and takeoff.  For example, crabbing into a steady wind on approach is high on the list.

• Like 3

So, is this an add-on that controls another add-on that controls AI in P3D? 

I'm no computer genius but why not do it all in P3D? 

2 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

You have to run P3D either in an admin account or as a admin in a non-admin account. 

I got it to work via exe.xml. 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AiCull</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Users\vince\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AICull\AICull.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

If started via addon.xml it would not work. My account is an admin account and P3D is "run as admin"

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

Is there another way to get AI aircraft moving if they're too close to me, besides the landing light function? Some add-ons have custom landing lights, e.g. FSL, that' won't work.

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Is there another way to get AI aircraft moving if they're too close to me, besides the landing light function? Some add-ons have custom landing lights, e.g. FSL, that' won't work.

Have you tried using the default P3D key for flashing the lights? Is it the L key from memory?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Great utility!!  It works very well but I have been seeing aircraft being pushed back and then never moving.  This happens while I am at the gate getting ready for a flight (FSL 320 or PMDG NGXu).  The aircraft tend to get stuck behind me and will not move until I push back (through them😄) and leave the gate area. I am using all default settings with no changes in the .ini file.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

18 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Great utility!!  It works very well but I have been seeing aircraft being pushed back and then never moving.  This happens while I am at the gate getting ready for a flight (FSL 320 or PMDG NGXu).  The aircraft tend to get stuck behind me and will not move until I push back (through them😄) and leave the gate area. I am using all default settings with no changes in the .ini file.

I've found that I had to lower the "bubble" around my a/c to 25 feet from 50. Even then, at some airports like BUR where parking is tight, they'll get stuck.

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I've found that I had to lower the "bubble" around my a/c to 25 feet from 50. Even then, at some airports like BUR where parking is tight, they'll get stuck.

I was looking for that but did not see anything in the .ini.  How did you change that?

1 hour ago, rusty61 said:

Flash your landing lights and they will continue on their way.

This actually happens while at the gate boarding long before engine start.  I'll have to check to see if that gets them moving though.

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11