Sign in to follow this  
Lokote1998

It looks like MSFS is still planned for a 2020 release

Of course this game will not be ready for this year, there will be probably a one airport demo for the xbox but the game itself is in alpha still and to achieve beta they have to make a huge step yet to come and then comes the release date but it's not said so that It will be this year.

1 hour ago, mp15 said:

Of course this game will not be ready for this year

There's still 7 months left in the year.

Edited by Tuskin38

I've actually used FSX-Steam (switched from FS9) since late 2015 after buying a gaming PC:  Never did own the discs - but before Steam, I tried to obtain the FSX discs - which seemed to be only available on EBay - but that was too chancy for me... 

But now I'll see if my rig can actually run FS2020 -  might have to think about a getting a new one after the $1,200 stimulus money is added to the kitty.

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's still 7 months left in the year.

Really? I didn't know.. Do you think you will have the game ready when recent pix show trafic aircraft with the wheels sinking on the ground ?

4 hours ago, mp15 said:

Of course this game will not be ready for this year, there will be probably a one airport demo for the xbox but the game itself is in alpha still and to achieve beta they have to make a huge step yet to come and then comes the release date but it's not said so that It will be this year.

Of course, that MSFS can be released on 2020. There isn't reason why not. Development is in progres for 5 years or more, they are filling alpha with near to all functions, what they promised, so they can start solving known issues and optimization with beta soon. They still have 7 months to finish first public version and next 10 years for adding more functions, what do not have time to add to the release. If I remember correctly, so every previous version of Microsoft Flight simulators was released on promised date (maybe there was some months delay, but allways in the same year, as they promised). They didn't announce any significant delay, so there isn't reason for such pessimism. So maybe you are frustrated, that they still didn't call you to help their team? 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Of course, that MSFS can be released on 2020. There isn't reason why not. So maybe you are frustrated, that they still didn't call you to help their team? 😉

You never know, and I'm not frustrated, I'm very busy now working with holograms in High technology and developing my own aircraft designs and im not pessimistic, im realistic.

Promises are like ideas, there is no statement that the game will be released in 2020 It could be but maybe not. I personally dont think so, the virus forced work from home and that reduces drastically the work force and task executions plus there was a delay and very incomplete episodes latley and even and official list of many things to di and resolver and even you have High End computacional power, Seven months is nothing to conclude this product.

1 hour ago, mp15 said:

...there is no statement that the game will be released in 2020 It could be but maybe not.

You are wrong. There is still exist only one valid announcement from E3 2019, when they declares release MSFS on 2020 for PC. And there isn't exist any announcement about any delay. So they still expect release on 2020.

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The real problem will be the global economy and whether anyone was money to spend on non-essentials. (Cue the person who thinks video games are essential)🤔

I'm here....................................

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 hours ago, mp15 said:

Do you think you will have the game ready when recent pix show trafic aircraft with the wheels sinking on the ground ?

AI traffic wheels sinking into the ground definitely is such a huge gamebreaking and possibly unsolvable problem that will take 200 programmers at least 7 months to find a workaround for. I also heard they want to change a font in the menu, that's another 6 months time minimum. /s

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

You might wanna consider Early Access as well.

1 hour ago, MagentaChild said:

AI traffic wheels sinking into the ground definitely is such a huge gamebreaking and possibly unsolvable problem that will take 200 programmers at least 7 months to find a workaround for. I also heard they want to change a font in the menu, that's another 6 months time minimum. /s

If something in the scale of that would keep a sim from being released, there would be no sim on the market.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, MagentaChild said:

possibly unsolvable problem that will take 200 programmers at least 7 months to find a workaround for. 

If It wasn't solved in the 5 Years of DR what makes you think it will be fixed for Xmas? If It was only that.. your domestic computer should exercise in more than 10 fps in big airports too

I was reading the news this morning and there was an article from the "Agence France-Presse" about the video game industry making good profit during the confinement period... And they mentioned MSFS briefly.

I let google translate it for you:

"Microsoft will release its new flight simulator, and for this game alone, hundreds of millions of dollars will be invested in computers, with powerful processors."

I thought it was strange as the analyst links the release of MSFS to the actual confinement period as if it's an already available title...

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

20 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The real problem will be the global economy and whether anyone was money to spend on non-essentials. l)🤔

Hyper-inflation Is around the corner, I already saw how tomatoes went from 2$ to $3,99 at the groceries. So Is not only how much the subscription will cost with the new prices and if people will afford It or not,  but also the possibility of a fund developement cut,  in this case there wont be any game this year and we all gonna end playing marbles.

For I want it as real as it gets users it may be years before you see the same as last year, EGKK for example may have very few airlines using it government's are bailing out airlines not allowed under EU rules, so they may have too dumb down MSFS to make it look real. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg