Sign in to follow this  
darem

Extremely long loading time with P3DV5

On 5/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, Micko said:

I had very long loading times in dense Orbx regions like GES / EDDF. After disabling scanning in Acronis True Image all came down to 60 - 90 seconds at the max. Maybe there is something similar on your system? Good luck

Mick

Hi Mick,

I do have Acronis too and very long loding times in P3Dv5, can you say what exactly did you have disabled in Acronis?

Hi Axel,

It was the Active Protection feature what kept scanning something in Prepar3d, even though I excluded every file and folder related to Prepar3d. I'm not sure if it was enough just to switch it off in the UI. https://kb.acronis.com/content/60190

If this doesn't help check in Task Manager if there is still something running from Acronis.

Good luck

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Hi again,

I do remember now that I have used a tool from Microsoft, called "autoruns" to disable some Acronis here...

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:41 AM, Biggles2010 said:

Why don't more people also post on the LM forum?  A quick check shows very few posts there about v5 loading times, yet it is clearly something that is affecting users..

While Avsim is the best place to discuss problems with other users, relatively few people go on to raise these issues directly with LM.

I'm kind of wondering what LM can do about it.

File access takes time.

The only solution I can think of, would be essentially putting SimStarter NG into the sim.  Three pages of this thread and I don't think it was mentioned.  Of course if one has hundreds of simobjects being loaded in, there is only so much that can be done.  I don't own SimStarter but I'm considering it, if it has the capability to exclude individually various SimObjects...

Back in '07 we discovered FSX was loading japan.bgl while you were at Heathrow.  Sure, it was proposed that japan.bgl might contain various items used in the UK, but, there were also a lot of Japanese airport objects in that file as well, which were unique to Narita, etc.  If there are things like that going on with P3D, then yes LM could do some optimizing, but if you are loading hundreds of SimObjects, then I see no solution other than SimStarter-type functionality, assuming it can selectively load or unload SimObjects.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

42 minutes ago, Mace said:

File access takes time.

True, but accessing the same amount of files (AI Traffic in my case) takes less than half of the time in v4.5, so there is clearly something different and maybe fixable in v5.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

True, but accessing the same amount of files (AI Traffic in my case) takes less than half of the time in v4.5, so there is clearly something different and maybe fixable in v5.

Ok, I forgot about that.  In other words what you are saying is, the *exact* same AI setup (similar or same number of SimObjects) is taking a lot longer to load in v5.

Has anyone dropped Filemon on v5 to see what it's doing during loadup? 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

File access takes time.

They can increase the loading time, that’s not a problem.
You may not know this, but when P3D v4.0 is released, we have the same loading problem. After 6% the load stops for more than a minute then it loads very slowly.
P3dv5 is still a "beta" and it is not optimized at all. We have the same problem with this 5.0. 

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

20 hours ago, Micko said:

Hi Axel,

It was the Active Protection feature what kept scanning something in Prepar3d, even though I excluded every file and folder related to Prepar3d. I'm not sure if it was enough just to switch it off in the UI. https://kb.acronis.com/content/60190

If this doesn't help check in Task Manager if there is still something running from Acronis.

Good luck

Mick

Hi Mick,

I've do so and deaktivatet all my Acronis stoff in Autoload and with the Taskmanager but unfortunataly there is noch change in loading times on my system.

So I'le be waiting for the next hotfix from LH in hope it will be better.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Axel

19 hours ago, Mace said:

Ok, I forgot about that.  In other words what you are saying is, the *exact* same AI setup (similar or same number of SimObjects) is taking a lot longer to load in v5.

Has anyone dropped Filemon on v5 to see what it's doing during loadup? 

I use Procmon (like to know what is going on behind the scene). For some reason with v5, in the middle of loading sceneries, etc, it stops loading with a "Process Profiling" event. Eventually it starts loading normally again. This didn't happen in v4.5. In v4.5 the only time that event happened is after P3D had loaded and waiting for user input. Another slowdown is the loading of 'simdirector.dll'. It takes awhile and numerous screens of loading the dll events. Is there anyway to stop it loading. I don't use it and IMO it is a waste of resources.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, mc-leod said:

Hi Mick,

I've do so and deaktivatet all my Acronis stoff in Autoload and with the Taskmanager but unfortunataly there is noch change in loading times on my system.

So I'le be waiting for the next hotfix from LH in hope it will be better.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Axel

Sorry it didn't work for you. It didn't work for me the 1. time either. Somehow the Acronis service is able to restart. That's why I used The autoruns tool. Just have a look here: https://kb.acronis.com/content/60222

This brought my loading time in EDDF / Orbx GES from 3-4 min down to 90secs at the max... 

17 hours ago, Micko said:

Sorry it didn't work for you. It didn't work for me the 1. time either. Somehow the Acronis service is able to restart. That's why I used The autoruns tool. Just have a look here: https://kb.acronis.com/content/60222

This brought my loading time in EDDF / Orbx GES from 3-4 min down to 90secs at the max... 

Yeah Mick I prevend Acronis from start again but it ends in now result for loading times by me. I think in my case it is the IVAO MTL was made this long loading times.

Thanks again for your support.

Axel

Updated to Windows 10 2004 last weekend and the loading times were halved. Now waiting for HF2 and it should be back to normal.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Chris, did you have to reinstall P3D after Win 10 2004's upgrade?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Chris, did you have to reinstall P3D after Win 10 2004's upgrade?

Nope, just reinstallen ASP3D and FSReborn. Everything else did not ask for reactivation, also P3D itself worked without reactivation.

Greetings, Chris

Great, thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.