Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

Interested in buying Prepar3d.

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, djbully said:

"I was also wandering If there is any addon to improve the default airport in the sim"

REX do a worldwide airports pack, that improves all the default airports. I dont think its working on V5 just yet, but should be updated hopefully. 

Also check out Lorby Addon Organiser for installing stuff with addon.xml method. It's brilliant! 

 

Cheers,

          Bully.

V5 has all airports reworked, compared to V4, so I would wait a bit with addon airports, unless you have a specific airport in mind.


Bert

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you everyone of your help, I bought v5 and the Orbx global base, I also bought REX Sky Force 3D so even though It doesn't have the best weather engine out there I do have real world weather. I'm gonna wait a little bit to see what's going on with Active sky, I guess I'll buy the v5 product ones It's released. I installed Lordy Addon Manager as well.

I have noticed that in some default airports Taxiways are missing for example in Gatwick AN taxiway is not there so I was wondering if REX Worldwide Airports HD would fix that? I cannot afford to buy scenery to every airport I fly to. Also is there any free quality European airport scenery, I tried to Google It but I haven't really found anything.

Thank you very much

Yuval.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, again I haven't noticed there is another page, almost 70% of my flights are from Gatwick so I guess scenery for it should be a good Idea, I don't think that there are any v5 Compatible Gatwick scenery's just yet, I gonna have to wait and see.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Uk2000 Gatwick is V5 compatible AFAIK. 

  • Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Share this post


Link to post

What do you guys recommend for a good starter aircraft, I really want the Aerosoft a320/321 Pro the problem is that it is not yet compatible with v5, I always wanted the PMDG 777 but It is very expensive and I don't know if I can afford it.

Thank you. 

Yuval.

Share this post


Link to post

Aerosoft is a good starter, I don't think as good as the Zibo though. But it is cheap! In terms of freeware scenery I have a list of too many 🙂

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=fsxscen&SearchTerm=george+keogh&Sort=Name&ScanMode=1 All of this guy's airports, Kefallonia, Samos, Skiathos, they're all great!

 

NOTE: These sceneries I have tried and tested in P3D, despite many being FSX compatible, just make a custom folder somewhere and manually add them to the scenery library like in FSX.

However, I cannot confirm whether they work for v5. Any questions PM me!

Happy flying!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you very much, that's really something I needed, I was really struggling finding freeware scenerys for P3D.

 

Share this post


Link to post

No worries!  I've got more for USA as well as Oceania if you want!

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/15/2020 at 4:40 AM, Yuval350 said:

Sorry, again I haven't noticed there is another page, almost 70% of my flights are from Gatwick so I guess scenery for it should be a good Idea, I don't think that there are any v5 Compatible Gatwick scenery's just yet, I gonna have to wait and see.

 

I highly recommend UK2000 Gatwick.


A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Tried XP 11 numerous times over the last few  years. Each time, I thought it was dismal at best and always went back to P3D. 

I doubt that you tried it lately or with the right add-ons. The sim outshines my fully loaded P3D v4.5HF2,

I would never have said that before ORBX TE FL was released. There's a new weather add-on that is being developed that if it works, it will put XP11 at the top of my list of sims.


A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I doubt that you tried it lately or with the right add-ons. The sim outshines my fully loaded P3D v4.5HF2,

I would never have said that before ORBX TE FL was released. There's a new weather add-on that is being developed that if it works, it will put XP11 at the top of my list of sims.

I'd love to know what add-ons. I've been playing around with Xplane 11 and P3D v4 and so far P3D is looking better. Every time I try ortho4xp it looks horrible. I will say I like VR a bit more in xplane though. I have far more add-on for P3D though, I will just miss my Cessna, its my favorite plane to fly for some reason. Considering upgrading to P3D v5 myself but not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I'd love to know what add-ons. I've been playing around with Xplane 11 and P3D v4 and so far P3D is looking better. Every time I try ortho4xp it looks horrible. I will say I like VR a bit more in xplane though. I have far more add-on for P3D though, I will just miss my Cessna, its my favorite plane to fly for some reason. Considering upgrading to P3D v5 myself but not sure.

ORBX TE (Get all of them.)

X-Vision (XP 11.40)

Reshade (A MUST)

ASXP or FSGRW

UWXP

There are a bunch of airports that are fee but some of the best payware are by VerticalSim & Shortfinal.

There are more but this is a good start. 

 


A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...