Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

Interested in buying Prepar3d.

2 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

Curious as well. I just checked the website and the Prepar3d download is still for v4.

I was sent a link from support on facebook, ill post it when im up

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, Yuval350 said:

Hello everyone!😁

You might also want to consider that P3D V4.5 is a very mature software. All kinds of addons are available, there are no major issues and it runs very stable.

P3D V5 on the other hand is quite new, not every new feature seems completed, there are still issues up to CTDs and not everything is compatible yet. It might take some time until P3D V5 can be considered a complete and stable sim.

Personally I am quite happy with 4.5 for what it is. It's loaded with addons and runs smooth and stable. I won't consider getting V5 before V5.1 or 5.2.

With your CPU at 3.4 be prepared for some compromises with settings as soon as you add things like PMDG, FSL, Orbx , detailed airports and AI traffic.

Ladies and Gentlemen!  I yesterday bought P3D v5!!!!

Now It's for addon but I only have 70GB left in my SSD where P3D is Installed. I heared there's a way to Install your addons in a different drive and use something called an add - on.xml file to pair It up with P3D? is that currect? 

I'm gonna need some help with that, I'm also wandering what I should do with Active Sky because they haven't yet released the new product for v5.

Thank you all.

Yuval

Oh I'm sorry I havn't noticed that there was a second page. I already bought It as you can see above so....

On 5/12/2020 at 8:25 PM, Quasimodo said:

💩 You'll have to spend hundred and hundreds of dollars on addons to make it look like those videos your watching.

Generally speaking you are not wrong, but keeping a look out for bargains, which are quite frequent, will significantly lighten the load on your wallet.

For example, I consider three products absolutely essential for P3D (or FSX): 1. Active Sky. 2. REX Environment Force. 3.ASCA or Rex Texture Direct. 4. ORBX products. All 4 are frequently heavily discounted.

Also, instead of spending hundreds of dollars on overpriced addon planes, look for older releases that are also frequently on sale or already low in price. E.g. ifly 737 (frequently 50% off over at Flight 1), Flysimware products, Aerosoft, etc. The Qualitywings 757 is only $15.

Ditto for addon airports.

4 hours ago, Yuval350 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen!  I yesterday bought P3D v5!!!

You should have listened and bought the very stable P3Dv4 with all addons working just fine. You just got yourself a "let me spend hours tinkering" sim.

I don't think It's gonna be that bad, there were different opinions as to what I should do, I chose v5. I'm not planning on buying a gazillion amount of addons. and almost all of the must have addons you listed are compatible with v5.

Thank you😃

Yuval.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You should have listened and bought the very stable P3Dv4 with all addons working just fine. You just got yourself a "let me spend hours tinkering" sim.

Someone needs a Snickers....

• Like 3

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

38 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Someone needs a Snickers....

The amount of Snickers Ricardo needs are expensiver then the few hundreds USD Chock mentioned ... 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

"I was also wandering If there is any addon to improve the default airport in the sim"

REX do a worldwide airports pack, that improves all the default airports. I dont think its working on V5 just yet, but should be updated hopefully. 

Also check out Lorby Addon Organiser for installing stuff with addon.xml method. It's brilliant! 

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

On 5/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, Yuval350 said:

Hello everyone!😁

I bought X-Plane 11 about a year ago, I have been flying ever since but except for the Zibo I was very disappointed. I do not like how X-Plane 11 looks and I'm Not happy at all about the aircraft addons of X-Plane 11. My main interest in flying is commercial aviation. I always looked at P3D streams with envy, I just love the crispiness of the graphics (I'm sorry if you don't understand what I mean) I also like how P3D looks a little dark all the time. but of course what I'm really interested in P3D is the aircraft addons and the better weather. I ordered a Honeycomb yoke a few days ago It is currently on It's way. I know that Microsoft will be releasing MSFS2020 soon but I am still thinking about buying P3D as well.

1. If I decide that I do want to buy P3D, do I buy v5, or v4 because I looked as some videos of v5 and for It looks more similar to X-Plane 11 and that's is something I deeply don't want.

2. Does the Honeycomb yoke work well with P3D?

3. Will my PC be able to handle P3D and the addons that I'm thinking about buying. and do you think I need any other addons?

(PMDG 777, Active sky, Orbx Global base, GSX).

(Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8GB OC MSI, 16GB RAM, Intel i7- 4770 3.40GHz, 220GB on SSD).

Thank you very much.

Yuval😃✈️

1. Buy v5. It's the current sim. v4 was the best until last month, now it's v5. It's th equivalent of asking if you should buy xp11 or xp10. Obvious answer.

2. dont have it.

3. You can run p3d v5, but you'll want top hardware for both MSFS and P3D v5 - so a graphics card update will be in your future.

3b. I run XP11, I like many things about it, but since P3D v5 back back to flying P3D 90% of the time. I came back mainly to fly PMDG, but i've been having a lot of fun with A2A GA flying with the new v5 features, so that's what all of my flying in recent weeks has been. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 5/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Quasimodo said:

If you are very disappointed with XP11 then after the initial novelty of something new wares off, I'll hazard a guess that you'll also be very disappointed with Prepar3D V4 or V5

Edit: Also you get far more bang for you buck with XP11. XP11 can be made to look totally awesome with freeware. Prepar3D V4 or V5 looks like 💩out of the box. You'll have to spend hundred and hundreds of dollars on addons to make it look like those videos your watching.

Tried XP 11 numerous times over the last few  years. Each time, I thought it was dismal at best and always went back to P3D. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

XP-11 is a far newer engine, and with Vulkan the smoothness is far superior to P3DV5. Also P3DV5 costs a small fortune to get it looking good. 

I prefer XP11 for the actual feel of flight, and not having to fight stutters (they simply don't exist) 

I prefer P3DV5 for the smooth look, the atmosphere, no shimmering. 

I prefer XP-11 for the ground textures and photo scenery. 

I prefer P3DV5 for the AI aircraft and integration with ATC. 

However, I get what you say about the 'drab' appearance with XP-11. I resolved that simply by using digital vibrance setting in Nvidia Control panel. There are a few other tweaks and adding that also resolve it. 

I wish we could merge some aspects of XP-11 with P3DV5 and then it would be heaven. 

15 hours ago, Yuval350 said:

Now It's for addon but I only have 70GB left in my SSD where P3D is Installed. I heared there's a way to Install your addons in a different drive and use something called an add - on.xml file to pair It up with P3D? is that currect? 

Many add-ons install using the add-on.xml method, which places the entirety of the add-on outside of the sim, meaning you can either elect to install it somewhere else right away, or you can manually move it later as long as you update the add-on.xml file accordingly.  There's a great freeware tool by one the great devs in our community - Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer - there's a forum here just for these products...and all your questions about add-on.xml can be answered there.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/795-lorby-si-freeware/

15 hours ago, Yuval350 said:

I'm also wandering what I should do with Active Sky because they haven't yet released the new product for v5.

You can access Activesky ASP3D for v5 now by purchasing the v4 version (ASP4) and you'll get access to the v5 beta today and the full product when it is released. See this page and specifically the 'buy now' section at the bottom. https://hifisimtech.com/asp3d/

If you prefer to wait, you can use the free FSXWX, but there are some problems with upper level winds - there's a thread on here that discusses ways to get it to work better.  Just follow their v4 install instructions. http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/instructions-p3d.htm

I'd just pull the trigger on AS knowing they'll get it right eventually.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT