Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

P3D v5 add ons

The OP is - at this point in time - not committed to any simulator platform, hence, holding off until a major player releases its option is a perfectly sensible alternative to either buying P3Dv4 or 5.

I fail to understand why you guys get so worked up over this.

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I fail to understand why you guys get so worked up over this.

I don't understand your hurt feelings about V5 and your ridiculous "BETA blabla"-crusade against it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

P3D has a very long life span ahead, plenty of improvements to come.. some of them even shorter than expected 😉

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

life spam

😅🤣😂

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

17 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Resist the temptation of buying a yet to be finished beta-product that has steep hardware requirements and buy the previous stable version: tons of working addons, and a smooth experience. Wait for an ORBX sale and you got yourself a simulator that doesn'b beat you up all the time like the school bully during recess. 

I have the best running sim ever with much better visuals then v4. Sorry for other people if it doesn’t work out! I am really 😃 with V5!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, simbol said:

P3D has a very long life span ahead, plenty of improvements to come.. some of them even shorter than expected 😉

S.

I upgraded to a Titan X Pascal with 12gigs of VRAM. I'm also adding another 16 gis of system ram this week.

I can't wait to see how P3D v5.1 performs with my new rig. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

35 minutes ago, simbol said:

lol google corrector!

No, a Freudian slip.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, a Freudian slip.

Not it is not.. my mother tongue language is not English, it is Spanish and being a: English, some Portuguese, Italian and Slovakian language speaker I get confused sometimes.. specially when I right click on the corrector to fix mistakes..

Everyone does mistakes.. life is full of wonderful mistakes.. :)

S.

If anyone wants to fly right now, there are only 2 realistic sim options available, namely P3D and XP.

I would recommend anyone buying new to go for v5.
It's the same price as v4, but comes with a lot of new features.

As exciting as MSFS is, it's still in development and it's not known how soon after release it will:
a) be stable, with all the features we could want from a sim; and
b) have 3rd party aircraft and airport sceneries available.

IMO, P3D will sit on my PC alongside MSFS for at least a year.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

26 minutes ago, F737NG said:

If anyone wants to fly right now, there are only 2 realistic sim options available, namely P3D and XP.

There is also FSX Steam which frequently can be had for $6 on Steam, doesn't tax your hardware much, and with all the gazillion free addons available can be spruced up for next to nothing.

Also, IMHO, a "realistic sim option".

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

There is also FSX Steam which frequently can be had for $6 on Steam, doesn't tax your hardware much, and with all the gazillion free addons available can be spruced up for next to nothing.

Also, IMHO, a "realistic sim option".

32b is hardly an option for anybody.  Just my opinion.  I would never recommend FSX to anybody.  Unless cheapest is the only criteria. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

32b is hardly an option for anybody. 

The FSX-Steam forum here at Avsim seems pretty lively.

I love it how you guys make these statements as if you have absolute authority and knowledge over what is or isn't a "realistic option".

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

The FSX-Steam forum here at Avsim seems pretty lively.

I love it how you guys make these statements as if you have absolute authority and knowledge over what is or isn't a "realistic option".

spent many years on that sim.  But I wouldn't recommend people stay in the past and have to deal with OOM issues.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next