Sign in to follow this  
gronji2004

2D Panels

Hey Guys,

Call me old school but I refuse to upgrade to P3Dv5 and the NGXu purely because of the lack of a 2D panel. VC is not something I enjoy, but either way this thread isn't about that debate!

I'm looking for a new aircraft to fly preferably long haul 747/777 that has a 2D panel, but the complexity of a PMDG aircraft etc.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Cheers,

Alex

8 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

Hey Guys,

Call me old school but I refuse to upgrade to P3Dv5 and the NGXu purely because of the lack of a 2D panel. VC is not something I enjoy, but either way this thread isn't about that debate!

I'm looking for a new aircraft to fly preferably long haul 747/777 that has a 2D panel, but the complexity of a PMDG aircraft etc.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Cheers,

Alex

There is nothing guy but virtualcol freeware and blackbox although i use aerosoft buses mostly now. I used to be like you but the vc stuff grows on you and i have eventually flipped mostly to vc.

Posted (edited)

Not long haul, but the pro version of the Majestic Q400 has very nice 2D panels I believe.

The coolsky DC-9 also has a 2D panel.

Edited by cwburnett

i5 9600K @ 5Ghz | MSI RTX 2070 | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 2 x M.2 Gen 3x4 1TB SSDs + 1 x SATA 1TB SSD
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Saitek Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

P3Dv5 HF2 | ASP3D | PSXseeconTraffic | AIG-OCI | Lorby AOM | Navigraph Charts | RXP GTN750 | FS2Crew UGCX
Leonardo Maddog X | Majestic Dash 8 | Aerosoft A318-A321+A330 (Beta Tester) | TFDi 717 (Beta Tester) | FSW Lear 35A+Falcon 50+MU-2B | Aerosoft DC-8 | Coolsky DC-9

Thanks everyone! Did I read somewhere that V1 of the PMDG747 had a 2D panel?

I would get chaseplane. You can assign views to buttons. Makes it easier to move from 2d to vc. Eventually you will need to convert.  You will be thrilled once you adjust. I was a late holdout too. 

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Posted (edited)

My recommendation too: Chaseplane + Views with keyboard shortcuts. You can easily make them look like 2D panels. Except you really have some special requirement for 2D panels, like multiple screens...

Edited by SimonC

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

I can't plug chaseplane enough.  It's the single thing that got me to transition from 2D to VC.

Hi

The QW787 has 2d pop out panels

Regards

G

iFly offer 2D panel for 737 and 747, but currently for v4 only.