Sign in to follow this  
CYXR

american astronauts back in space today

Cool flightsuits.. 😎

EDIT I've already docked the Crew Dragon to the ISS...in Space X's little demo sim online. No problem.😜 If I can do that then fully trained astronauts and mission control will have no difficulty at all! 

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

And of course they're driving to the pad in style. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Chris. And just to complete the picture Venus in the last few months achieved -4.4, the full moon is -11 and the sun -26.

Its a logarithmic scale with each magnitude being 2.5 times brighter than a higher one. Mag 6 is the threshold for the naked eye on a perfectly dark night.

Between you and Chris, I have been taught something new today about astronomy. Kudos to both!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Cool flightsuits.. 😎

EDIT I've already docked the Crew Dragon to the ISS...in Space X's little demo sim online. No problem.😜 If I can do that then fully trained astronauts and mission control will have no difficulty at all! 

The app is still here: https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

Myself I could totally not dock it!. I also wasn't really good at MS Flight Simulator; some 25 or so years ago...  

19 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Between you and Chris, I have been taught something new today about astronomy. Kudos to both!

Glad it helped Rick. When I lived in Norwich back in the 70s I had a large telescope and the skies were great. Sadly in south Manchester they aren't.  😕

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Well, this is the first live payload is it not, with the inherent risk and trepidation despite being assessed and simulated over ad infinitum..

Not so much negative as realistic with a pinch of pessimism.😎

It's the first HUMAN payload yes. But Dragon has flown many times before.

I belive this docking will be manual to test the systems. Future flights will dock automatically.

For those with Android phones (the best phones) ISS Tracker is on the Play Store. Just downloaded a pretty good one.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Glad it helped Rick. When I lived in Norwich back in the 70s I had a large telescope and the skies were great. Sadly in south Manchester they aren't.  😕

Likewise, when I was stationed at RAF Marham, in Norfolk, the skies were perfect for star-gazing, like Australis around Margaret River is. Sadly, the light pollution from big conurbations like Manchester, Birmingham, London ruins it for astronomy

Looks like it is being scrubbed due to weather.

Not today! Weather. 

....and the launch has been scrubbed... bad weather..😢 word not allowed good live practice though

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

word not allowed, and there was me just setting up my lens. Good thing there was the Daily Telegraph link to follow.

I've been watching it live on youtube... for the past 4 hours.. 😎

Mark Robinson

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

word not allowed, and there was me just setting up my lens. Good thing there was the Daily Telegraph link to follow.

Ooops🤣

1 minute ago, HighBypass said:

I've been watching it live on youtube... for the past 4 hours.. 😎

Takes me back to the 60s watching Apollo missions, in Streatham, London, huddled with friends watching on a b&w set with that BBC chap, James something.

• Upvote 1