Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

REX Products - P3D v5

35 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

I would look in Rex Axis to see if the v4.5 for Skyforce is still available.

Just check not there. Thanks.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Let`s hope REX don`t do what Just Flight have done, in a reply to someone asking about an aircraft that was in development for P3D, They have stopped development as P3D is no long a viable product.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

REX have issued the update for P3DV5.2 with HF1. Here is the link: Sky Force - Technical Update 2.6 - Public Alpha - REX Simulations - Knowledge Base (helpscoutdocs.com)

As with a lot of these software developers no customer email advice from them but a curiosity search to see what had happened revealed the update!

You have to uninstll the previous version and then reinstall this new version. Not a problem as since HF1 I have not been able to use REX in P3D anyway!. We will see how it goes now

Edited by coastaldriver

We are just waiting for technical update 3.45 which can only happen if update 2.47 is finished. In the meanwhile update 4.65 is almost ready when alpha 5.3 is passing the revue.

If you want to learn more subcribe to the discord channel!

Edited by rob0203

Pity they got rid of the button ( bottom right ) to check what is already installed.

Unless, I'm missing something?

Edited by Sparkrite

50 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Pity they got rid of the button ( bottom right ) to check what is already installed.

Unless, I'm missing something?

I just noticed it now that you mentioned it. Weird move that is.

21 hours ago, Nocturnal said:

I just noticed it now that you mentioned it. Weird move that is.

Thanks for the update and pics. Looks good.

For me the installed weather Themes page never worked right albeit I am still running an older version of Skyforce that was intended for P3Dv4.5

The issue I have is that the different thumbnails of the installed weather components never display automatically unless I click one of the View buttons down below.Its not a big deal for me.

I wonder why they removed the currently installed theme function.Curious.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 7/25/2021 at 1:14 AM, coastaldriver said:

REX have issued the update for P3DV5.2 with HF1. Here is the link: Sky Force - Technical Update 2.6 - Public Alpha - REX Simulations - Knowledge Base (helpscoutdocs.com)

As with a lot of these software developers no customer email advice from them but a curiosity search to see what had happened revealed the update!

You have to uninstll the previous version and then reinstall this new version. Not a problem as since HF1 I have not been able to use REX in P3D anyway!. We will see how it goes now

Thank you for the link - installed it yesterday, works without issues. 

Only thing (which is already mentioned) is the missing part that you can´t see which settings you have already selected ... for my part i saved my profile and reload it every time i want to change things (sky, clouds, etc.).

So i am back to former times :- ) EA OFF - looks fantastic IMHO. And if you got tired of e.g. sky textures, load REX, change textures and fly.

Not to forget the RANDOM bar for fast changes of all textures or try the different user settings. So i am happy with REX5 in P3Dv5.2HF1.

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

Glad to hear you got it all working without issues.

I will give the new alpha version a try albeit I still have P3Dv5 .1 HF1 installed. Have not moved to 5.2 yet.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

The Beta 2.6 for P3DV5.2(HF1) is working as advertised. REX have got it working with P3D very well now. In sim it runs beautifully (inlcuding audio and text briefings) and it does what it says it does!. Took me a while to discover that it intergrates with LMs EA and to switch between REX clouds and  the LM True Sky Volumetric Clouds all you have to do is use the P3D graphic controls and switch volumetric cloud back to zero or vice versa - neat! 

• Like 4

OK, thanks for the heads-up.

I feel another experiment coming on! 😉

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

On 7/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, coastaldriver said:

I downloaded, but at the end of the build number it doesn't say A01, but I can't remember previous build since I deleted. So just wondering if I have done correctly.All my saved themes are there so not sure if is all correct. LOL

Alex 

Does this update to Sky Force solve the issue that was occurring on longer flights and simconnect becoming flooded? I think it was on flights over 6 hours? I would like to use Sky Force with AS3PD and Envtex. 

Eric