Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 11th, 2020 - Development Update

On 6/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, RudyB24 said:

Now I know why we have two shadows ... we have two suns!

Or is there another explanation why we have these highlights on the edge of the engine, with the sun being where it is, behind the plane? A studio light? See ... they never landed on the moon! 🙂

Screenshot-174-1-scaled.jpg

I have a great concern about cameras used in FS2020. Whatever camera effect MS/ASOBO used on this photo, please make this feature inoperative during flight, there is no way a lightning can produce this highlight or some unknown light sources. I'm not on Alpha and I don't know what's going on there, those who says MS/ASOBO have a great camera,.. please understand photography. peace!

Elwyn:

The cameras are still being worked on, so you are not yet seeing a release version of the cameras [just like practically everything else we have seen here].

Flying an airplane from the exterior chase view is not realistic, yet this is an optional way to fly in all the most popular flightsims. This is also true of being able to pause a flight; or change the time of day; or change the weather.

A computer flight simulator is best for everyone (since their are so many levels of flight experience/undstanding] when it includes as many features as possible, even when many of these optional features are not at all realistic [such as taxi direcional arrows]. Making any of them "inoperative during flight" would just make a sim less usable to less experienced users.  It should be up to the individual what options you want to enable. The other extreme would be having non-realistic aids and features that are not optional, where they could not be disabled. In my opinion, the more features a sim has the better, as long as each user has the option of using them or not.

Edited by Arwen
clarification
  • Like 8

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

2 hours ago, Elwyn said:

I have a great concern about cameras used in FS2020. Whatever camera effect MS/ASOBO used on this photo, please make this feature inoperative during flight, there is no way a lightning can produce this highlight or some unknown light sources. I'm not on Alpha and I don't know what's going on there, those who says MS/ASOBO have a great camera,.. please understand photography. peace!

Dude you seem full of yourself. Relax. There is a drone camera that you can move and position any which way you like just like ezdok or chase plane, and even add dof etc. People use it for screen shots. I don't see why some of you guys are are up in arms about a feature you don't have to use. And who made you a lightning expert? It's just a game for crying out loud 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/13/2020 at 3:18 AM, RudyB24 said:

Now I know why we have two shadows ... we have two suns!

Or is there another explanation why we have these highlights on the edge of the engine, with the sun being where it is, behind the plane? A studio light? See ... they never landed on the moon! 🙂

Screenshot-174-1-scaled.jpg

Just because the sun is behind the plane doesn't mean light won't be reflected on other parts of the plane. Some of you guys need to relax lol

• Upvote 1

Another immersive shot from the partnership video:

AGtPAbI.png

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I would have like to see this shot somewhere on a Caribbean island, South America or the Philippines somewhere else just for a change you know..but as you said it looks very realistic indeed..

12 hours ago, mp15 said:

Lighting Is the best feature of MFS in my opinion, highlights at the edge of the engine Is due to the shiny material and you can even see inside of the enginez this Is because even if the light source Is on the back of the plane, the light Is direct and bounces all around the fuselage giving some rays inside the engine and you can still see It.

In that picture, it's a lightning flash from in front of the aircraft that is giving the extra light.

Edited by speedwoblz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, devgrp said:

Dude you seem full of yourself. Relax. There is a drone camera that you can move and position any which way you like just like ezdok or chase plane, and even add dof etc. People use it for screen shots. I don't see why some of you guys are are up in arms about a feature you don't have to use. And who made you a lightning expert? It's just a game for crying out loud 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

With all due respect dude, I am relaxed, cheers! I know it's similar to chase plane or Ezdok camera, what bothers me is the lighting not how the shot was taken. And I'm not an lighting expert but I'm into photography hobby for the last 15 years, and I do have studio and all those crazy gadget stuff. MS/Asobo is making a great sim no doubt about it, but in my personal humble opinion something is not right and it's not a funny matter. I'm not an Alpha member, correct me if I'm wrong was the alpha team do the same thing? reports whats wrong, bugs, or something needs to be corrected needs to be improved? I know it's a game/sim and not a rant post I'm too old for that.

3 hours ago, mp15 said:

@speedwoblz I don't see any flash hotspot.

It's a lightning flash.

Sometimes the clouds/sky light up, but the source is hidden.

Edited by speedwoblz

Drone camera/Depth of field setting/Storm weather setting with illuminating flash of lightning timed for shot.

Edited by rjetster
added info