Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

HF2 CTD issues (perfect in HF1)

Just now, Nemo said:

I get  "Device Hung Error" then CTD when I'm changing some P3D settings during a flight.

I am also getting this since V4.

Any time I change texture resolution and at the same time I change scenery objects I get a CTD.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Everyone,

I got @Kaiii3 also with these device hungs. He is saying he doesn't receive them after:

1) clearing his Prepard3.cfg and 2) Leave the Windows 10 Gamer Bar closed.. so I think this is related to overlay tools and some NVidia driver issue.

Can you guys please ensure you are not using the Windows 10 Game Bar or any other 3rd party tool that injects overlays into P3D? then check if you get CTDs.

Regards,
S.

I would remove addons for trouble shooting in the option menu untick them, and if you look at this forum on how many user are running addons that are not yet made compatible buy the developer, including aircraft.

And remove all outside sim tweaks NVp  and AM tweaks.

• Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Ok Let's start troubleshooting this. I am keeping Lockheed Martin aware of these crashes and errors, however we need to try to narrow down what is causing the issue in your end so we can provide more data to them. We had plenty of beta testers with 1080TI and nobody presented these errors.

Might I ask you what antivirus solution are you using? we saw yesterday (24 / June) some new Windows 10 updates that are causing certain antivirus and security products to inject wrong behaviours to the operating system, causing not only CTD but also programs unable to perform normal and simple tasks as closing a window. So I am wondering if you are just one of those users affected by an antivirus product going wrong.

So first things to do:

• Let me know what antivirus you use.

• Launch P3D As administrator and see if this reduces the CTD - This is to test how security is behaving in your system or if you have an ad-on that is having a conflict due to this.

• Disable temporally all add-ons. This will remove any factor related to 3rd party causing the crash.

• Set effects details to minimum and distance to minimun, let me know if this makes a difference. 

• Are you enabling / disabling hardware video acceleration via registry keys? if so return this back to default.

Regards,
Simbol

Hey Simbol. Thanks for the reply.  Looks like this thread has been hijacked by a few totally different problems from other frustrated users.  

To answer your questions. 

-I use Norton

-I already do Launch P3D as adminstrator when launching.  Always have. 

-Will try to disable addons a little later today.  

-Will try setting effects to minimum, but I've already run with a stock CFG.  Aren't they at min by default?

-I haven't made any registry edits for acceleration unless a program does this, and I'm just not aware?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

Hey Simbol. Thanks for the reply.  Looks like this thread has been hijacked by a few totally different problems from other frustrated users.  

To answer your questions. 

-I use Norton

-I already do Launch P3D as adminstrator when launching.  Always have. 

-Will try to disable addons a little later today.  

-Will try setting effects to minimum, but I've already run with a stock CFG.  Aren't they at min by default?

-I haven't made any registry edits for acceleration unless a program does this, and I'm just not aware?  

Ok. Do you have any of these:

• F1GTN
  • A 3rd party tool that injects overlay displays? this includes the Windows 10 game bar openned.
  • Also have you deleted the prepar3D.cfg file?

No F1GTN.  I'm pretty sure I've had windows bar disabled.  But I'll confirm.  I will also make sure the nvidia one is off.  no others.  Yes i've tried numerous times with a fresh cfg file. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have just seen one post on the LM forum which was CTD when flying the default Barron 58, the reply was which Barron. 

Now solved.

Some addon that were compatible with HF1 may not be the case with HF2.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just now, G-RFRY said:

I have just seen one post on the LM forum which was CTD when flying the default Barron 58, the reply was which Barron. 

Now solved.

It was due to F1GTN.. in hence my question here..

However I am chasing the white rabit on Overlay displays as I have 3 confirmed cases so far with windows 10 game bar and 1 guy here posted about RTTS... so.. 

S.

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

Everyone,

I got @Kaiii3 also with these device hungs. He is saying he doesn't receive them after:

1) clearing his Prepard3.cfg and 2) Leave the Windows 10 Gamer Bar closed.. so I think this is related to overlay tools and some NVidia driver issue.

Can you guys please ensure you are not using the Windows 10 Game Bar or any other 3rd party tool that injects overlays into P3D? then check if you get CTDs.

Regards,
S.

No GameBar, No GameMode, No further overlay tools like WRAPS or something. Only VR is used with WMR HP Reverb. 

My GFX Card is now in Stock mode (Titan RTX) and testing further right now.

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

No GameBar, No GameMode, No further overlay tools like WRAPS or something. Only VR is used with WMR HP Reverb. 

My GFX Card is now in Stock mode (Titan RTX) and testing further right now.

Marcus 

You cleared the prepar3d.cfg ? Kaii is trying to find out what setting is making his PC to go CTD..

S.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

You cleared the prepar3d.cfg ? Kaii is trying to find out what setting is making his PC to go CTD..

S.

I will clear it and not using any entries? So no AM?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Now on stock GFX Card. Again Device Hung error and no this entry in the evtvwr

Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Unknown, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 6a507aea-30ab-414d-888a-79aa2f21e2f5

Problem signature:
P1: 141
P2: ffffbf85df221460
P3: fffff80455672610
P4: 0
P5: 23cc
P6: 10_0_19041
P7: 0_0
P8: 768_1
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20200624-1356.dmp
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-755234-0.sysdata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER910F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER911F.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9120.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9131.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WERDEF1.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_141_2cf8d43f6ff1bcd9a4ca4ce7a43c5c2763d14a9_00000000_cab_21fe2ef6-e375-41ab-bf69-ca2edb16c81b

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 21fe2ef6-e375-41ab-bf69-ca2edb16c81b
Report Status: 2147483648
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

I will clear it and not using any entries? So no AM?

just delete the file and start P3D and check if the error still come up. If it does not add one of your extra entries od the old file to the new and tra again. BTW i do not use any AM settings so they can not cause the problem

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

simbol.  Turned off Nvidia overlay.  Windows game bar was already off.  Still getting the CTD immediately on loading.  Guess it's on to the addons.  Not sure if this could be in any way related.  Have been trying to update CouATL running Couatl_Updater.

In the CouAtl live update window there is a line that says:

Restoring default SSAA textures before update ( saves bandwidth ).
Error System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at Couatl_Updater2.Globals.CheckP3D4SSAA(FrmMain frm) while reading C:\Users\mycomputer\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\Prepar3d.cfg