Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

AIG Manager: Way too over complicated

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm running my p3dv5 in full screen, how to invoke AI Companion with a key? (if possible)

Does AI Companion work on a networked client PC?

Thanks.

Hi Dirk, how do you mean invoke? It should run in the background and clear traffic every x number of seconds. You can configure the number in settings 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Ed, do you use any payware AI aircraft? or all freebies? with AIG.

Hi, no, only freeware ones. I don't feel the need to use payware AI, since the existing freeware quality is top notch to me.

Cheers, Ed

  • Like 1

Ed Patino

MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - ASUS Nvidia RTX2080Ti 11GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate Ext 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm running my p3dv5 in full screen, how to invoke AI Companion with a key? (if possible)

Does AI Companion work on a networked client PC?

Thanks.

I wrote a readme included with the AIC download that explains how to run it on a network. Perhaps you missed it.

  • Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wrote a readme included with the AIC download that explains how to run it on a network. Perhaps you missed it.

and I'm afraid it's not the first time I asked, thanks Ray! Finally I tried it just today, I'm gonna use it, particularly the Limiter's part on the networked PC.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

and I'm afraid it's not the first time I asked, thanks Ray! Finally I tried it just today, I'm gonna use it, particularly the Limiter's part on the networked PC.

That's one aspect I haven't used. Probably should investigate it but setting 120 in FSUIPC seems to do a decent job. I think koala (the AIC author) has given the user a few different options to try. The program is being constantly improved. I run it on a 15" W10 laptop and the performance is excellent.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That's one aspect I haven't used. Probably should investigate it but setting 120 in FSUIPC seems to do a decent job. I think koala (the AIC author) has given the user a few different options to try. The program is being constantly improved. I run it on a 15" W10 laptop and the performance is excellent.

I've used FSUIPC limiter so far, but I must say I'm liking what I've just seen with AIC. Seemingly there's a bit less 'fighting' over the number of visible AI in 3d world as well as a better default spread of AI planes across the airdrome. I guess I could achieve exactly the same with FSUIPC, but I like the traffic board as well, if all this really works via network. 

 

Thanks.  

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:


So I've just downloaded AIG AI Manager.

Apparently, it's a "one-click" "powerful tool" to manage AI.

What?! No, it's not!!

I clearly need a computer science degree to even begin to get it to work. Can someone who is much more on my level (like most people), please decipher this for  me. How do I get it to work...?!

Happy to help you out via pm to guide you through the installation?


 

André
 

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I've removed the off-topic trolling and related posts from this thread.  The topic is AIG's complexity.

 

  • Like 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I've used FSUIPC limiter so far, but I must say I'm liking what I've just seen with AIC. Seemingly there's a bit less 'fighting' over the number of visible AI in 3d world as well as a better default spread of AI planes across the airdrome. I guess I could achieve exactly the same with FSUIPC, but I like the traffic board as well, if all this really works via network. 

 

Thanks.  

Remember that FSUIPC gives you the option to set your AI Traffic with five parameters, in addition to the total amount of AI, related to preferences to your liking in traffic removal probabilities. Not sure if AI Companion gives you similar options too, as it is now, and if it does, it'll be another good choice for controlling the AI Traffic in sim.

Cheers, Ed


Ed Patino

MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - ASUS Nvidia RTX2080Ti 11GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate Ext 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, edpatino said:

Remember that FSUIPC gives you the option to set your AI Traffic with five parameters, in addition to the total amount of AI, related to preferences to your liking in traffic removal probabilities. Not sure if AI Companion gives you similar options too, as it is now, and if it does, it'll be another good choice for controlling the AI Traffic in sim.

Cheers, Ed

I like it very much the way Limiter in AIC manages traffic with the following options available in AIC's Traffic Limiter:

- Run optimizer every (seconds):

- Do not optimize if FPS are above

- Maximum number of aircraft to keep:

- Delete all ground traffic when player is above (feet):

- Keep all enroute traffic above (feet):

- Delete if too high/low on approach

- Delete if going around

- Delete if too close from preceeding landing aircraft

- Or limit by air/ground Max in the air :        Max on ground: 

 

Cheers,

Dirk

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I like it very much the way Limiter in AIC manages traffic with the following options available in AIC's Traffic Limiter:

- Run optimizer every (seconds):

- Do not optimize if FPS are above

- Maximum number of aircraft to keep:

- Delete all ground traffic when player is above (feet):

- Keep all enroute traffic above (feet):

- Delete if too high/low on approach

- Delete if going around

- Delete if too close from preceeding landing aircraft

- Or limit by air/ground Max in the air :        Max on ground: 

 

Cheers,

Dirk

Looks interesting!.

I haven't tested those yet, but will do. Only minor downside is that AIC must be running in the background (or connected to another computer via network) and connected to P3D for this to work. On my setup I already have two apps running together with P3D, one is ASP4 and the other one is FFTF Dynamic, all starting up in sequence using a batch file (so I'll probably end up having three apps running together and connected to P3D).

On the other hand, FSUIPC is a module within P3D (via addon-xml or traditional, depending on your setup) and works like it's embedded into P3D.

Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers, Ed

 

 

Edited by edpatino

Ed Patino

MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - ASUS Nvidia RTX2080Ti 11GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate Ext 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS & P3Dv4.5hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wrote a readme included with the AIC download that explains how to run it on a network. Perhaps you missed it.

I checked the most recent package (AIG_AIManager_0.9.4.22.zip) but I can't find that readme. There are two readmes in the Resources directory but neither explains how to run AIG over a network (which I indeed would be interested in). 

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, P3D Professional 5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, pmb said:

I checked the most recent package (AIG_AIManager_0.9.4.22.zip) but I can't find that readme. There are to readmes in the Resources directory but neither explains how to run AIG over a network (which I indeed would be interested in). 

Kind regards, Michael

It is in 'network_instructions_by_Ray.txt' after you unzip

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

It is in 'network_instructions_by_Ray.txt' after you unzip

Thanks for caring, but I don't have this file. Perhaps I grabbed a wrong zip file? I downloaded "AIG_AIManager_0.9.4.22.zip" from the AIG forum today and unzipped it.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, P3D Professional 5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

@pmb, it’s AI Companion that shows the traffic. Available here...

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

And just to clarify, AIG needs installing ideally on the same computer as P3D but preferably outside its structure.

D:\AIG would be good.

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,810.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...