Sign in to follow this  
Squatdrop

Rail traffic ?

Hi,

That would be nice to include trains traffic: high speed trains, regional, goods transportation... it would be a nice have to help increase realism !

Eric

Edited by Squatdrop
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Squatdrop said:

Hi,

That would be nice to include trains traffic: high speed trains, regional, goods transportation... it would be a nice have to help increase realism !

Eric

I do not think trains in a flight sim add much to realism.   If that is on the development list, it should be very far down.  Simulating passengers, airport operations, ATC should come before trains.  

• Like 5

I agree with Tierborn, focus on getting the flying and ground handling portions of the sim right, then worry about road, rail, and boat traffic.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yes true, (even though Flight Simulation is my #1 go-to), the Train Sim folks also are not forgetting how MS cancelled the "in development" MSTS 2 in 2009 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Train_Simulator#Cancelled_sequel

So, hopefully Asobo or some other Microsoft studio discovers it would be financially beneficial to use the new "FS World" to then create a modern day Train Simulator that we can enjoy! Why not start utilizing this new wonderful World that they are creating?!

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 2

I don't think it is so difficult to develop for ASOBO : they already developped road traffic onto streets network from BING images. So why not adding trains on railways ? That's not about train simming, just traffic  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

Yes true, (even though Flight Simulation is my #1 go-to), the Train Sim folks also are not forgetting how MS cancelled the "in development" MSTS 2 in 2009 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Train_Simulator#Cancelled_sequel

So, hopefully Asobo or some other Microsoft studio discovers it would be financially beneficial to use the new "FS World" to then create a modern day Train Simulator that we can enjoy! Why not start utilizing this new wonderful World that they are creating?!

We can only hope! It would be great to have Microsoft Train Simulator back again.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

And I didn't mean to hijack the thread to make it about train sim, but let's just "hope" that one day the train traffic in MSFS would be derived from MSTS kind of like multiplayer traffic aircraft; and could work both ways so Train drivers cold see people/planes flying in Flight Simulator within the train sim world.

Trains actually add a lot to X-plane. I miss them in P3D, and would certainly like to see them implemented in MSFS.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Yeah it would be great, but i think they will have a hard time to get the trains to use the tracks.

Going way out on a limb here but it would really be something to integrate Train Simulator into the worlds scenery.

The rail layouts are already there.

Take the Super Chief from Chicago to LA!

23 hours ago, OHN767 said:

Yeah it would be great, but i think they will have a hard time to get the trains to use the tracks.

why should it be more complex than cars using roads network ? personally i don't care if they don't stop at train stations and comply with real traffic time tables...

And why not adding boat/vessels traffic too ? as Global AI ship traffic did few years ago ! it also brought a nice peace of life  😉

Would love to see it in partnership series...

Edited by Squatdrop

As long as people don't get upset about the lack of realism. (Incorrect rolling stock. Incorrect speeds. Incorrect consist sizes. incorrect signals, etc) then it would be a great immersion factor.

I operate freight and commuter trains in the US and even in my rail roads dedicated train sim world addon a lot is modeled incorrectly or not at all. The key to immersion with train traffic is suspension of disbelief.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

If this new game does not include trains with the correct number, type and livery on the cars, running according to correct timetables (even with the correct delays here in Germany!), honking before they enter tunnels, working signals and gates, passengers waiting at the platforms and the cars running with livestock smelling like they do... I won´t buy this new game!

• Like 1