Sign in to follow this  
hsvgrange

FPS based AI Traffic Limiter

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

But I use the aicull.exe now

Using it here too. I'm also trying to contact Roland (developer) to know how to make X>75 to appear on the in-sim menu (I'm only capable to get to 25, 50 and 75 as the limiter numbers). If someone knows, I'm all ears.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Using it here too. I'm also trying to contact Roland (developer) to know how to make X>75 to appear on the in-sim menu (I'm only capable to get to 25, 50 and 75 as the limiter numbers). If someone knows, I'm all ears.

Cheers, Ed

Funny, I posted this exact question in the AiCull thread 30 mins ago

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

26 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Ed, why do you like using aicull.exe over the limiter in FSUIPC?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Ed, why do you like using aicull.exe over the limiter in FSUIPC?

Thanks.

Difficult to answer, but to me it seems that AI Cull offers more possibilities to limit the AI Traffic. FSUIPC also offers good range of possibilities too. Both products are good, but AI Cull is freeware.

There're also two more utilities to control AI Traffic from the same developer (Roland Foster), one on ground and the second one on the air. They're AI Ground and AI Flow. They both offer even more interesting possibilities for better controlling the behavior of your AI Traffic.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For me, AiCull kills traffic that actually reduces my FPS when I use the 'nearest ICAO' option. I still have plenty of incoming traffic landing whereas FSUIPC kill inbound traffic that does not impact my FPS by provides constant activities at the airport over time. Maybe if I tweaked more the % on the FSUIPC sliders i could get an equivalent result. 

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve  used my mod powers to edit it so your post now mentions him by name. Hope that’s okay. 👍

Okay, though it's missing the quote altogether now. But thanks!

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

I still have plenty of incoming traffic landing whereas FSUIPC kill inbound traffic that does not impact my FPS by provides constant activities at the airport over time. Maybe if I tweaked more the % on the FSUIPC sliders i could get an equivalent result. 

I reduce the probability of deletions for my planned airports -- i.e departure and arrival airports -- so that I'm guaranteed arrivals and departures at both.  I don't really like too many aircraft being removed near me as the whole point for me is for it to be as busy around me as I'd expect at the real airport. But again that probability, for deleted nearer, can be adjusted.

I tried to provide all of the ways of adjusting the actual AI you get that I could imagine would be useful, but i admit it does therefore result in a system which needs a bit of experimentation to arrive at what might suit you. i still adjust it now and then.

Pete

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay, though it's missing the quote altogether now. But thanks!

Pete

As soon as I removed "Ray said" it lost the quote. Nothing I can do about that, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I use FSUIPC but just left the default settings.  Can a few of you post your settings for all 3 or 4 lines in FSUIPC? thanks.

Thank you for asking!

(I need them too)  😃

Hi chaps,

I've only changed the fps to 30 and set a lower limit of 20 for Ai. Probably not much help but here it is...

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=30
TrafficLimit=20

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi chaps,

I've only changed the fps to 30 and set a lower limit of 20 for Ai. Probably not much help but here it is...

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=30
TrafficLimit=20

Ray, why would it be 20 aircraft only? With your hardware it would be more logical to expect around 80 to 100 in EGLL.

Thanks. 

Edited by Dirk98

With FSUIPC limiter I wish I knew numbers to achieve the largest spread of AI across the airdrome when I arrive for example at Heathrow. Usually when I land on RW27L/R Terminal 5 is almost vacant even with my 110 AI aircraft set in FSUIPC (no FPS limit =0). Conversely Terminal 5 is almost full when I land on RW09L/R. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

With FSUIPC limiter I wish I knew numbers to achieve the largest spread of AI across the airdrome when I arrive for example at Heathrow.

I get quite a good spread. Currently I use these values:

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=100
TargetFrameRate=25
PlannedAirportsPreference=10
AirportPreference=20
GroundPreference=64
NearerPreference=64

But I change them as I experiment with other settings in the graphics. I'm currently also using True Earth GB, so I'm just pleased it's even flyable in London -- it wasn't in P3D4!

Note that as I like to see a well populated airport I have both Airport preferences set quite low for deletions. The planned airport one does depend on you loading your plan into P3D of course. In my case this is done for me by the ATC program I use (Pilot2ATC).

If you are using something like AIG traffic with most or all of the airlines added then there should be enough to populate EGLL quite well. The numbers of BA flights alone would fill half of it.

Pete

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Note that as I like to see a well populated airport I have both Airport preferences set quite low for deletions. The planned airport one does depend on you loading your plan into P3D of course. In my case this is done for me by the ATC program I use (Pilot2ATC).

Pete, I've resumed recently my efforts to learn flying with P2A ATC (on a networked computer), actually it's in front of my eyes right now. How do you make P2A load a flight plan in P3D?

Many thanks.

Edited by Dirk98