Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Qualitywings 787

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I would like your input please on this bird for v5.

wanting to purchase but skeptical at that price.

any bugs that need to be resolved?

performance?

thanks 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Hey guys I would like your input please on this bird for v5.

wanting to purchase but skeptical at that price.

any bugs that need to be resolved?

performance?

thanks 

mike

Mike.....with all respect......did you search here on this forum after QW 787 or qualitywings 787? 😉

There are some topics ongoing here, not that old at all........

You are also very sparse with information about your specs and requirements:

But here we go:

• Performance is outstanding
  • Quality is great
  • No bugs (on my end)
  • Price = Price

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

after HF2, i'm noticing PMDG has 20 fps more than QW 787.. maybe PMDG did an update for their 747 after HF2 that makes it so smooth? 

QW787 is a great aircraft overall and is possibly a bit heavier on FPS due to EFB/large screens etc.. 

others may or may not notice this fps difference between the 2 planes.. but i see it in every flight after HF2..  

Vinod Kumar

i7 4790K 4.4 Ghz, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

XP11, P3D5

For what you get I believe it is reasonably priced. Its one of my favorite planes in the hanger. It looks and fly's great. It includes the -8 -9 and -10. With many different liveries. Not as light on FPS as a small carenado aircraft, but not as heavy on frames as my Aerosoft CRJ. With my RTX card I have zero performance issues. Get it. You won't regret it.

Flight Simulator - P3D V4.5/V5 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - GIGABYTE RTX2080 OC Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H115i CUSTOM LOOP W/ DUAL 280MM RADIATORS | Power Supply - EVGA 1000+ 

FWIW, in V4, the QW787 is much lighter on FPS than the NGXu for me.

Windows 10 Pro; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, AIGAIM, ProATCx, GSX 

I9-9900k @ 5.0; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, Single 32" 4k Monitor 

Performance-wise, with my system specs, QW 787 runs smoothly. Exterior textures are excellent; however, the interior touches could use some more "fine-tuning." My main concern with this bird is the interior lighting, which I think is being worked on for the next update.

In terms of price, my perspective is biased. Even if the developers hadn't spent a substantial amount of time working on this project (which they did), I believe any dollar amount that we, as the flight sim community, spend...  goes towards a great cause. With the dramatics out of the way, the pricing is more than reasonable. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.2 GHz; Aorus Master rev 1 MB; 32Gb Thermaltake RAM @ 3600 DDR4 RAM; (3) * Sabrent Rocket 2TB SSD; EVGA GeForce GTX 2080TI; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC, Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5. Honeycomb Yoke, Sietek Pedals, Switch and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and throttle. 

I personally really like this plane a lot. It runs very well on my system and I haven’t had any issues with it. I particularly like the “jump ahead” function which is priceless for long haul!

It offers many modern cockpit tech, with an awesome EFB. I do have to watch my vram a bit on my 4K monitor, but since HF2 things have improved. 

if you like the 787 in general, I’d say go for it.

Cheers,

Pete

PC specs: i7-9700K oc 4.7GHz, Asus TUF Z390,16GB 3200 Gskill Ripjaws, Nvidia RTX2080

It's a great plane.  Good value for the price.  My only two knocks against it.  

1. The FPS issue on the alittude and speed tickers.  Not smooth looking and i find it distracts from an otherwise fantastic plane.  

2. Updates seem to take a long time.  

I'm not trying to be overly critical, because like I said it's a great plane. 

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel