Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

13 minutes ago, McPlane said:

I wonder if pre-ordering is worth doing?

I assume that FS2020 will work out of the box, so to speak.

Has anyone here been in the alpha or beta?  I am curious as to how good the performance is ... frame rate.

Plus running this sim using real world data seems like it would lag.

I'm definitely getting the Premium Deluxe.

I just read another post, they said performance will be your last to worry about. But nobody knows till we get it on our own systems. 

Yeah got the premium also. I needed this as I'm retired as of August 31st. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McPlane said:

I wonder if pre-ordering is worth doing?

I assume that FS2020 will work out of the box, so to speak.

Has anyone here been in the alpha or beta?  I am curious as to how good the performance is ... frame rate.

Plus running this sim using real world data seems like it would lag.

I'm definitely getting the Premium Deluxe.

1. Not really, no benefit at all, apart from bragging 

2. It's MSFS in 3 versions, & it will be updated on-line, out the (physical) box

3. Alpha's are under NDA. No beta release as yet. FPS hardware dependant, as well as streaming spead

4. Not really, time will tell.

5. Good for you.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, MichiGanderFlyer said:

I love these guys. There are several real world pilots on YouTube I watch and it's great when they do try a flightsim.  They apologize for how badly they do in them. Goes to show you just how far we still need to go to make Sim flying more realistic. 

It's quite hard for a RL pilot to fly in a PC sim, cause of the lack of sense of motion.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 minutes ago, tweekz said:

It's quite hard for a RL pilot to fly in a PC sim, cause of the lack of sense of motion.

And controllers have alot to do with it. And I dont have $1000 for a yoke. 

I paid a tenth of that for a CHProducts yoke.. 

Are they still available? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, MichiGanderFlyer said:

And controllers have alot to do with it. And I dont have $1000 for a yoke. 

Honestly it doesn’t even really matter. It is a combination of visual and full tactical sense that simply isn’t going to be represented easily in the average person’s home setup no matter how nice the controls are. 

Chris

13 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Honestly it doesn’t even really matter. It is a combination of visual and full tactical sense that simply isn’t going to be represented easily in the average person’s home setup no matter how nice the controls are. 

I agree. But a jittery CH yoke doesnt help. Haha

Isn’t Mentour a check airman? If so, he he probably spends as much time in sims as many of this group. He should have no problems flying our little desktop sims then 😂

(yes that is sarcasm)

Chris

28 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

100% correct, itá all about the immersion factor. There are guys that have been simming for years, using keyboard only or maybe a games controller. 

That certainly does not make them lessor simmers than those with yoke & pedals. As for the guys flying Boeings with joysticks.... 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 minute ago, Wobbie said:

100% correct, itá all about the immersion factor. There are guys that have been simming for years, using keyboard only or maybe a games controller. 

That certainly does not make them lessor simmers than those with yoke & pedals. As for the guys flying Boeings with joysticks.... 

Thats all true, SIM the way you want to SIM. its just different, not wrong. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wobbie said:

As for the guys flying Boeings with joysticks....

Wait....are you implying that I am wrong for flying an Airbus with a yoke!!! 😂

Chris

9 minutes ago, MichiGanderFlyer said:

I agree. But a jittery CH yoke doesnt help. Haha

Flying (and especially landing) with a decent and smooth frame rate is even more important to me.  When I needed to replace my old monitor I bought a G-Sync one (which works fantastically with MSFS). 

I've never used a yoke before, as I prefer a HOTAS joystick/throttle. But I do own a very good set of pedals which really improves flight control (especially when flying helicopters).  If I was to purchase a yoke, it would be the "Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke and Switch Panel", which you can pick up for about $250.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Like flying a Cessna 172 with a joystick?

LOL, as long as you are being entertained.. 

Obviously the P3D PMDG guys will do the right thing, of course!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

So we built up 3 simulators, an Avro Shackleton & an MB326, known here in South Africa as 'Impala'a& was used as a trainer. (we also have a Harvard T-6 that we worked on as well.

We are using, for the Shack, real seats, pedals throttle quadrants & glass canopy, with a 30'screen inside & a projector for scenery.

The 'Impala'is a 2 seater, built into an actual fuselage, real stick & pedals. 2 Ejection seats as well. The rear seater has a 17'screen in portrait mode in the dash, & a 17' just above it in landscape mode. The front has a 17'as well for panel, & a 42'screen on the nose.

We have a perfect immersion factor, as real pilots brace themselves in the seats, anticipating touchdown.

On the sims, we dont use a keyboard at all, we have remapped keys to switches etc..

Great fun with the immersion factor!!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Thanks about which windows.  Ill see how much more the professional is, but I will probably get the home

Thanks everybody