Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

27 minutes ago, DamianFS2020 said:

Does anybody know if you can get updates with the CD-Version from Aerosoft? Or can I get updates only with the download-version from Microsoft?

No, both distribution are the same (download or physic disc). Only difference is, that you don't have to download all data via internet. After instalation from discs you will get the same updates as for download version.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XMAN said:

Do you have to pay a monthly subscription ?

No. You have two options :

- buying a copy  plain and simple with three variants  to choose from : a standard and 2 premiums more expensive

- buying a monthly Gamepass which gives access to about a hundred games including the sim in its default variant which comes "free" then.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

By the way. an Alpha version means that it mods can be made during testing.

A Beta version is a final version, ready (almost) for release, no changes will be made.

A Beta version can & will be renamed to Release candidate, which is what the August release will be., 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

33 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

This is the basic mistake 😉 New MSFS (or other modern software) has a new philosophy, for comunication or adding functionalities users hasn't to intervent to program folders manually. Add-ons should comunicate with MSFS only via official API or own market installator. I think, no one user wants go back to past, with very complicated instalation proces, manuall copying files to various folders, manuall setings priorities of add-ons, editing config files etc. Nowadays users of modern games wants easy add-ons instalation proces with graphic user interface. If ASOBO made good work (and i'm sure, that yes), we don't need manual acces to MSFS folders, as in older sims.

I totally agree. One of my biggest hopes with MSFS is that there is no need any more for moving around and copying files, creating folders, setting up config files and do that all over again after every update or installation of an addon.

33 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

I think, no one user wants go back to past, ...

But I wouldn't be so sure about that. There is already a thread here about porting over P3D aircraft into MSFS. And someone has already mocked about MSFS all being hardcoded and not customizable. I think there are many who consider all this tweaking and fiddling around with files and folders an essential part of their simming experience. There is nothing wrong with that if someone enjoys it, but personally I have done enough of that with FSX and P3D. Time to move on.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 5

Anybody wondered why internet bandwith is not listed anymore in the requirements? To me, this smells like all the streaming stuff (including photoground, the most important aspect of MFS) will not be part of the initial release but purely optional and as such, most probably resulting in additional costs. Not that I am surprised...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Owning the folder where Windows Store Apps are installed is a fundamental step to be able to interact with MSFS just like we are used to with P3D/XP11. I think this is very relevant information and not an "experiment". Better to clarify that as much as we can before the thing is released...

What if I told you that's completely incorrect and to wait for the game to release? FS isn't a typical Windows app. You also only installed the most basic launcher portion of it, a piece that doesn't need touched.

7 hours ago, travelabroad said:

Thanks all for your suggestions. I tried moving the application folder (as per @trainplane3 suggestion) and I now have a WindowsApps folder in the root of my D-drive - which I cannot access 😕 

Grrrr...

Patience. There's more to come.

Edited by trainplane3

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Anybody wondered why internet bandwith is not listed anymore in the requirements? To me, this smells like all the streaming stuff (including photoground, the most important aspect of MFS) will not be part of the initial release but purely optional and as such, most probably resulting in additional costs. Not that I am surprised...

I'm surprised you sat there and came up with that.......

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

It is, and in a prominent place.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, AnkH said:

😱 😂

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Even my wife is excited. Better order it now before she comes out of the ether!

• Like 1

James McLees

Its amazing how much confusion and misunderstanding comes out of something relatively simple. No wonder why such bad politicians are being elected in certain regions of the world...

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus