Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

On 7/13/2020 at 3:07 PM, Steve_Ellis said:

I am surprised about the release date, that was a little earlier than expected.

Well...I am not so surprised...I guess Microsoft got really tired of everybody nagging and whining about a release date that they decided and said..."ok people, you want it so bad...well here ya go!...enjoy!...but don't come complaining later about unfinished things!"

1 minute ago, Captain747 said:

Well...I am not so surprised...I guess Microsoft got really tired of everybody nagging and whining about a release date that they decided and said..."ok people, you want it so bad...well here ya go!...enjoy!...but don't come complaining later about unfinished things!"

Well, they could have told us release date is November 18 and we would still be happy.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Im a bit confused on the packaging, and quantity of Airports. In the Airports Feature Discovery video. the say "All airports in the world and 37k manually edited airports" (That is alot of manual editing). and they preselected 80 of the most popular and most visited airports to give them some extra care. 

Now in the Premium Deluxe Edition, there are only 40 Premium airports. Now.... either someones math is wrong, or I cant count.  they gave an example of Gatwick being such an airport in this (80).  So Im assuming some of these hand modeled airports are buried in the SIM? or are they coming at a later date and we dont know it. 

Well, we actually do not know how long they have been testing, do we? Yes, they did say that a closed Beta is on the way, but we have no idea if the alpha testers were really testing Alpha releases or maybe Beta's. Or if the testers were testing the exact same release. 

So, I'm sure that what we will get on the 18th will be pretty much complete.. Both Asobo & Microsoft are very well established companies, with huge amounts of experience with testing, & I'm sure that they will have completed testing some time ago, & they really do not have to justify to anybody. Really.

• Like 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

16 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Both Asobo & Microsoft are very well established companies, with huge amounts of experience with testing, & I'm sure that they will have completed testing some time ago, & they really do not have to justify to anybody. Really.

While no complex piece of software is ever perfect, Asobo is hopefully doing a good job with the testing and bug fixing. Microsoft, on the other hand, has not been doing very well over the past couple years with QA. They have already had released two updates that have deleted user data, which is about the worst bug type of bug to release.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/02/19/new-windows-10-update-starts-causing-serious-problems/#234fd5f07a7e

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/10/06/microsoft-windows-10-update-lost-data-upgrade-windows-7-windows-xp-free-upgrade/#7622b6b56fa4

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/microsofts-problem-isnt-shipping-windows-updates-its-developing-them/

That was only on a very small bunch of PC's. I', along with millions of others, have not had a problem at all! & I 'push' my updates.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

9 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

That was only on a very small bunch of PC's. I', along with millions of others, have not had a problem at all! & I 'push' my updates.

Small or not, those were bugs that should not have made it out, especially the first one that had been reported months before and was completely overlooked by their poor bug tracking process. I also install Windows updates regularly, but have made certain my system is backed up first.

21 minutes ago, goates said:

While no complex piece of software is ever perfect, Asobo is hopefully doing a good job with the testing and bug fixing. Microsoft, on the other hand, has not been doing very well over the past couple years with QA. They have already had released two updates that have deleted user data, which is about the worst bug type of bug to release.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/02/19/new-windows-10-update-starts-causing-serious-problems/#234fd5f07a7e

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/10/06/microsoft-windows-10-update-lost-data-upgrade-windows-7-windows-xp-free-upgrade/#7622b6b56fa4

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/microsofts-problem-isnt-shipping-windows-updates-its-developing-them/

Yes, but became only in a very rare case. Windows updates may interfered with some of non-standard hardware or software (I thnik especially conflict with SW, which use a non-standard acces to operation system, like antiviruses or cleaners etc. are). There isn't possibility test it with every existing HW and SW configuration, but in >99,9% was updates without any problems.

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Yes, but became only in a very rare case. Windows updates may interfered with some of non-standard hardware or software (I thnik especially conflict with SW, which use a non-standard acces to operation system, like antiviruses or cleaners etc. are). There isn't possibility test it with every existing HW and SW configuration, but in >99,9% was updates without any problems.

True, and an irrelevant storm in a t-cup.. All part of MS bashing. We never knock our mobile phones whenever there is a glitch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Even Mentour has put out a video about MSFS now. Which comes as a bit of a surprise, as he rarely speaks about sims. He explains why at the end of the video.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 7/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, Greazer said:

Seriously don't play those mental games with yourself.  You just buy Premium Deluxe, simple.  Otherwise you will regret it later.

Rick:
Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Ilsa:
But what about X-Plane and DX9 and Windows 7?

Rick:
We'll always have Paris ... and FS9.

🙂

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Just now, coa1117 said:

Rick:
Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Ilsa:
But what about X-Plane and DX9 and Windows 7?

Rick:
We'll always have Paris ... and FS9.

🙂

Best post, after 33 pages

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

Even Mentour has put out a video about MSFS now. Which comes as a bit of a surprise, as he rarely speaks about sims. He explains why at the end of the video.

I love these guys. There are several real world pilots on YouTube I watch and it's great when they do try a flightsim.  They apologize for how badly they do in them. Goes to show you just how far we still need to go to make Sim flying more realistic. 

• Like 1

I wonder if pre-ordering is worth doing?

I assume that FS2020 will work out of the box, so to speak.

Has anyone here been in the alpha or beta?  I am curious as to how good the performance is ... frame rate.

Plus running this sim using real world data seems like it would lag.

I'm definitely getting the Premium Deluxe.