Sign in to follow this  
Accolade

Who received the BETA invitation

what a pity that my aged i5-2500k does not qualify for anything, neither alpha nor beta nor - heck - MSFS. Need to upgrade asap to something which will last (again) the next 10 years...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

what a pity that my aged i5-2500k does not qualify for anything, neither alpha nor beta 

Yeah, I have an old i5-2500K too and I haven't been invited to the alpha nor beta for MFS, day one sign up here.  I've given up hope at this point, I'm done looking for the invite now.

The last part for my new PC comes today so my Ryzen 3700X PC will be up and running this weekend.  I'm ready for release and I'll be flying in the new MFS just a few weeks from now, they can keep their exclusive little invites!!!!  😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAD said:

what a pity that my aged i5-2500k does not qualify for anything, neither alpha nor beta nor - heck - MSFS. Need to upgrade asap to something which will last (again) the next 10 years...

It doesn’t matter what specs you have. Yesterday someone got invited that has a 2600k and also someone got invited that only has 4gb of ram.
That being sad, I’m running a 8 year old CPU (3570k) and will probably upgrade to Zen 3 later this year/early next year. But the Flight Simulator seems to be more GPU intensive anyway.

Honestly, I don't even want to play it until Aug 18th. I guess they're working hard to iron out a lot of bugs in those last weeks, so I prefer to get an improved first experience. Even if there are still enough bugs left I guess. Maybe there won't be things like cars driving on railings of bridges. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, schneper32 said:

It doesn’t matter what specs you have. Yesterday someone got invited that has a 2600k and also someone got invited that only has 4gb of ram.

There’s hope since I offer even 8gig of ram. Seriously, I signed up for the Alpha within seconds after the opened the raffle but now I can still wait the last few weeks. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

15 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Maybe they have been told not to?

Nope.

11 hours ago, DAD said:

I am still using my O/C 2500 and I run P3D just fine. At 4.6 ghz, I don't see the wisdom of going to another cpu. Now that the new sims are relying more heavily on Graphic cards, it's not a cheap upgrade any more.

Yes, it's a shame that MS cut us off from the Alpha.

tc

I received the Alpha invite yesterday. Installed it and testing. No Beta.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I received an alpha yesterday, but when I go into the Xbox Insider Hub there is no mention of the Flight Simulator alpha. Does anyone know what I could do next? Many thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

I received the Alpha invite yesterday. Installed it and testing. No Beta.

If you are in the Alpha, you are automatically in the Beta 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dpcnh1 said:

If you are in the Alpha, you are automatically in the Beta 😉

Sweet! Thanks.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE