Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

I just saw benchmark results and those left me disappointed.

you only have a GTX 1070.and I don't mean that in a bad way but if you had an RTX 2080Ti, you would see the exact opposite. Don't believe me. Believe Ars Technica.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

9 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

And? I don't think you understand the performance challenges of a flight simulator. Do you think FSX/Prepar3d/Xplane have the performance they do just for fun?

But whats the point of all that eyecandy when the performance is awful?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

9 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Here's a nice, big breakdown (featuring resolution and various other settings):

Excellent comparisons. And it seems that they know how to capture smooth in-game video compared to other YT sources.

38 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You seem to be missing the point of 30 FPS .

So tell me whats the point of 30FPS other than being a compromise between visuals and smoothness?

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Consider the phenomenon of Saccades, which everyone does even though they are usually unaware of it. If you don't know what saccades is, read this, as it is a fundamental difference between how we as humans see things and interpret them and how a camera or computer screen depicts things.

In addition, Peter Watts (sci-fi author of several great novels IMHO including Crysis (video game tie-in) wrote about an alien race which exploited humanity's saccadic "glitch". From the novel Blindsight:

"Vision's mostly a lie anyway," he continued. "We don't really see anything except a few hi-res degrees where the eye focuses. Everything else is just peripheral blur, just— light and motion. Motion draws the focus. And your eyes jiggle all the time, did you know that, Keeton? Saccades, they're called. Blurs the image, the movement's way too fast for the brain to integrate so your eye just—shuts down between pauses. It only grabs these isolated freeze-frames, but your brain edits out the blanks and stitches an — an illusion of continuity into your head."

He turned to face me. "And you know what's really amazing? If something only moves during the gaps, your brain just—ignores it. It's invisible." [...]

Cunningham shook his head. Something that sounded disturbingly like a giggle escaped his mouth. "I'm saying these things can see your nerves firing from across the room, and integrate that into a crypsis strategy, and then send motor commands to act on that strategy, and then send other commands to stop the motion before your eyes come back online. All in the time it would take a mammalian nerve impulse to make it halfway from your shoulder to your elbow. These things are fast, Keeton. Way faster than we could have guessed even from that high-speed whisper line they were using. They're bloody superconductors." [...]

Edited by HighBypass
spelling
  • Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I think there is an issue in comparsion. We're still talking about a sim without any addons. When we get 30fps with the standard sim, that will drop at least to 20fps if you fly pmdg aircraft to an detailed 3rd party airport.

When we had at least 60fps on the standard sim and get like 20-40 fps with detailed addons, then that would be totally fine. Nonetheless, we barely know nothing about it yet and people seem to evalute the sim with 4k and not correct settings etc.

We'll see in a couple of weeks, what the reality is about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I think there is an issue in comparsion. We're still talking about a sim without any addons. When we get 30fps with the standard sim, that will drop at least to 20fps if you fly pmdg aircraft to an detailed 3rd party airport.

When we had at least 60fps on the standard sim and get like 20-40 fps with detailed addons, then that would be totally fine. Nonetheless, we barely know nothing about it yet and people seem to evalute the sim with 4k and not correct settings etc.

We'll see in a couple of weeks, what the reality is about.

I dont think so, with the old Flightsims we had to install tons and tons of addons to get an decent looking FS

the time is over, MSFS looks from start that good, (edit: no it looks so much better.)

Just install FSX or P3D without any addons and see how they look and how they run.

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 1

At 11:00, he talks about graphics settings. You CAN get 60 fps by lowering your in game resolution on a high end system. The game will scale up to your native monitor resolution. Nice feature.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

After watching the Digital Foundry video, why is this even up for debate? The OP viewpoint has been completely debunked. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Kaan KASIM said:

(Am I blind?)

No, your saccadic masking is kicking in... :laugh:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

deleted

Edited by ThomseN_inc
Der Hamburger war schneller :P

2 hours ago, Slides said:

Aerofly FS2 looks like dogsh*t in comparison.

lol aerofly looks nice but thats it..no traffic, no real weather , rubbsih autogen etc etc, its not even what i call a simulator. its   a game for the vr kids

• Upvote 1