Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

Nitpicking a brilliant looking game

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

I'd suggest that if it's got to be perfect... then there is no software for you.  None.  Simply turn off your computer and toss it in the trash.  You simply will never be satisfied and will constantly "nitpick".  Not the best way to spend your life.  Really.

So you didn't even bother reading the first paragraph? 

Where did i say it needs to be perfect? I'll repeat what i said just for you though.

'Now, before anyone misinterprets what i'm saying. I'm not angry or disappointed in the game in any way. The game is gorgeous, the flight model looks great, the UI looks simple to use but offers a great range of things to do & the hard work & technical achievements that's been put into it has been great. However, that doesn't mean it's perfect or exempt from nitpicks/feedback.'

Just because it isn't perfect doesn't mean it needs to be perfect or will it lessen my enjoyment. Feedback is crucial for every aspect of life & contributes to the improvement of whatever it is. Just because it's a brilliant looking game doesn't mean it can't be better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Yup. Going from previous sims looking like a post-nuclear war desert in many places unless you spend thousands on add on sceneries, to one or two trees not being in the right place in a default sim which costs 60 quid is really being a bit picky.

Lol very true!

Chris Camp

52 minutes ago, d25bev said:

that doesn't mean it's perfect or exempt from nitpicks/feedback

By pointing out it's not perfect as a reason for your post implies a needed perfection.  Just sayin...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If anyone can grab the sdk and come out with a flame thrower im pretty sure that’s something that would sell alot . I bet there’s gona be lots of wildfires just to get some tall trees down . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

9 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

If anyone can grab the sdk and come out with a flame thrower im pretty sure that’s something that would sell alot . I bet there’s gona be lots of wildfires just to get some tall trees down . 

As bad as it sounds, wildfires would be a 'cool/fun' scenario with some sort of aerial firefighting missions (plane/helicopter) down the line but i think it'd be incredibly unlikely with today's political environment & how realistic the sim is. Most would see it as just a mission in a game but others would find fault with it & i can sort of understand that.

Suggesting wildfires be included is in poor taste. The loss of wildlife in this year’s fires in Australia was horrendous and many people also lost their lives. Nothing to do with politics, just basic human decency.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Suggesting wildfires be included is in poor taste. The loss of wildlife in this year’s fires in Australia was horrendous and many people also lost their lives. Nothing to do with politics, just basic human decency.

Yes, and thats why I hope that crashing the airplane or hitting buildings will also not be possible in the new simulator. How many innocent passengers and people on the ground (9-11) have lost their lives due to these mishaps, simulating them in a game would be unacceptable!

• Like 1

Especially now, since (was it yesterday?) two fire tankers collided in the air over the US and killed the pilots in those aeroplanes.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Janov said:

Yes, and thats why I hope that crashing the airplane or hitting buildings will also not be possible in the new simulator.

I would be amazed if it did. There has never been any attempt to model a crashed aircraft in Microsoft Flight Sim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yup, those of us who were around for FS2000 onwards will recall MS even patched FS to remove the WTC towers because people were replicating the 9/11 attacks in the sim and sticking videos up on facetube.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, those of us who were around for FS2000 onwards will recall MS even patched FS to remove the WTC towers because people were replicating the 9/11 attacks in the sim and sticking videos up on facetube.

That I remember .....

- - - 

Regarding the issues :

perhaps the SDK allows developers to make PR scenery (+ custom AG ) that can be used instead of DL tiles for that same area.

FranceVFR stated that at places where there is little or incorrect AG they will develop packages for those ( French ) area with correct AG and POIs.

They mentioned Paris as an example that could be improved a lot...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, WarpD said:

I'd suggest that if it's got to be perfect... then there is no software for you.  None.  Simply turn off your computer and toss it in the trash.  You simply will never be satisfied and will constantly "nitpick".  Not the best way to spend your life.  Really.

OP didn’t say it had to be perfect. He gave valid, measured criticism. Your response is the classic “straw man” approach of attacking something that was never said.

• Like 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

59 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you considered that severe weather also causes lots of devastation and loss of human life?  I  personally  dont see much difference between fire and flood (hurricane, tornado, lightning).  These things exist in the real world.

I don't need or want forest fires but I'd like to see the smoke rising from typical small burns.  Its just part of the scenery.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

2 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Have you considered that severe weather also causes lots of devastation and loss of human life?  I  personally  dont see much difference between fire and flood (hurricane, tornado, lightning).  These things exist in the real world.

I don't need or want forest fires but I'd like to see the smoke rising from typical small burns.  Its just part of the scenery.

Of course. But the impact of weather on ground-based objects has never been modelled in any flight sim. A few exceptions. Wave movement consummate with strength of wind and movement of wind socks. Plus the effect of wind on aircraft of course.

Smoke rising from “small burns”? This is a flight simulator, not an environment simulator.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather