Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Vienna! First Airport!

49 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Look no further!

Nice! Not exactly the most popular nor the most spectacular of airports (irl I mean) but since it‘s my home airport I‘m definitely gonna buy it. Surprised to see this one as their first release for MSFS.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

12 hours ago, B777ER said:

Supposedly this dev group, Aerosoft and Orbx have received much better support from MS than other dev's. Rumor that many including Flightbeam are nashing their teeth with issues due to the aforementioned favoritism. Wouldn't surprise me. Aerosoft I imagine would not want FSL and their Airbus on the platform for as long as possible I would guess. I wouldn't buy their Airbus stuff...ever.

I'd appreciate it if people would not spread rumours and rely on actual first hand reports instead.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Look no further!

Sold. I am even afraid the marketplace will hold so much high-quality addons upon release that I'll have to look for sources of additional income.😉

I was quite sure Virtuali would be among the first suppliers, he always was when new technology surfaced. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 hours ago, virtuali said:

Hi guys, we just got another email from Microsoft stating they that sharing static screenshots (not videos) is finally OK, starting from now. 

So, as I suspected, Gaya DID breach the NDA, which triggered a relaxation of the NDA terms for everybody, which should put to rest all conspiracy theories that some developers has some kind of "privileged" relationship with MS, or access to some kind of a better SDK, which is nonsense. We are constantly suggesting additions to it, even right now, and I think you might know who's one of the main complainers contributors...

Umberto, i would have exspected you post some shots of your airports which are in a make instantly. Or even GSX V3?!?

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

34 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Umberto, i would have exspected you post some shots of your airports which are in a make instantly. Or even GSX V3?!?

Take a look at the FSDT forum (Basel airport). GSX will take a bit longer, as it needs a completed SDK.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 8/4/2020 at 8:36 AM, honanhal said:

But I'll bet you quite a bit that a lot more than twice as many people are willing to drop $10 on an airport than $20...

Considering the cut for MS + Asobo (+Steam if marketed there) the developer would "earn" somewhere south of $5 per copy sold... which is frankly 💩...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Flightbeam stated on Facebook that the price for the sceneries will be lower than the actual P3D prices. They also said that there will be discount prices for upgraders. 

They justified that statement with the higher expected volume of buyer.

• Like 5

I did expect something like this but good to see it confirmed, although $10 for a major hub is probably unrealistic.

Given I am a NZ nerd, FB NZAA would be a must for me, whatever the price.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Considering the cut for MS + Asobo (+Steam if marketed there) the developer would "earn" somewhere south of $5 per copy sold... which is frankly 💩...

Do we know what the cut is yet? Also they may not use Steam Wallet for the Steam version, in which case no Valve cut. But I don't know how that would work, Steam may require in app purchases to use Steam Wallet.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Technically, the 737 Classic is the 300/400/500 range. The Milviz 737 is a 200.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

50 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Technically, the 737 Classic is the 300/400/500 range. The Milviz 737 is a 200.

Now that's an L on my part.

Original -> Classic -> NG -> [redacted]

That makes more sense haha.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

12 hours ago, n4gix said:

All depends on volume. Even with a 5 cent profit margin per item you can still do pretty well if you’re selling millions of them...

7 minutes ago, honanhal said:

All depends on volume. Even with a 5 cent profit margin per item you can still do pretty well if you’re selling millions of them...

This is possibly why PMDG wouldn't accept the cut he was offered on Microsoft Flight (and probably FSW).  He wasn't going to sell millions of them.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;