Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

I'm READY!

9 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I suspect that someone who drops that kind of money on a gpu doesn't have this kind of problem, he'll just buy a 3080ti when it comes out.

That must be a nice problem to have lol. Drop 1400 now and 2 months later drop another 1400. Unless he bought it from microcenter and bought the extended warranty. That comes in real handy at times like this.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

14 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I got a demo version that was down a few hundred pounds from the brand spanking new price 🙂 

Always feels great when you get a bargain! 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

OP said her husband can't hear anymore about the new sim...

his profile says male

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

19 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

we heard this 1 year ago, actually each year same nonsense "nobody should buy the best cards, i told ya you should have waited!" lol

its been 2 years since the launch of the 2080ti, the new cards are gonna probably launch in 1 MONTH.  unless someone didnt know that, why would you buy a flagship card around 1 month from the launch of the new cards? not brilliant if you ask me. just saying.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

5 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

its been 2 years since the launch of the 2080ti, the new cards are gonna probably launch in 1 MONTH.  unless someone didnt know that, why would you buy a flagship card around 1 month from the launch of the new cards? not brilliant if you ask me. just saying.

Brandon we dont know much, actually nothing (thanx corona) when.

And if we finally have the info, it will be like usual, the Ti will be overpriced and not worth the additional FPS. nothing will change 😉

• Like 1

Man, watching all these videos out in the wild is a double-edged sword.  On one hand it's a lot of fun, but on the other they make waiting for the 18th so hard, lol.  

Edited by mikeklimek
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:52 PM, Chock said:

I have taken the liberty of alerting the media around the globe.

I've got the newspapers covered, we just need the tv channels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

Ampere is set for September according to the latest leaks. RDNA 2 however is going for November sadly, as it appears that no orders for chip production have been placed yet.

glSvIUh.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

19 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

And if we finally have the info, it will be like usual, the Ti will be overpriced and not worth the additional FPS. nothing will change 😉

3:08 into video.  September, like i said in a earlier post.  probably could get 2080ti performance with a 3080 and spend less, plus get advanced features......

3 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

3:08 into video.  September, like i said in a earlier post.  probably could get 2080ti performance with a 3080 and spend less, plus get advanced features.....

Maybe, maybe not, and i am not sure if the topic starter would preffer a ti version like me,

just look for the price of used ti's, you dont lose much money even if you run it 1 year and more.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

My new RTX Asus 2080TI Strix OC card just arrived and fits neatly in my tower. Yesterday the logitech g pro (saitek) panels arrived. My body is ready!! 

So am I Andreas. So am I.

Our bodies ready?  - YES. But our minds? 

Are they ready to be blown?

Mine is - and I suspect yours is too - with that awesome Graphics Card in the slot.

HERE WE GO BABY!

Bring it on!

(With my; and breathe out. . . and sigh a little. . . 

4790K @ 4.2

MSI 780 Ti

16 Gig Ram. . . . 

200 Gig SSD)

Tell me what it looks like on Ultra - send us a postcard - report back to us -  I'll be right behind you on LOW settings. 😛

New Rig Planned for September. . . so all is not lost!

Very exciting times as we all manoeuvre ourselves in to position for flight.

Remember - Aviate - Navigate - Communicate.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

I wuz born ready.  My GTX1070 runs it fine for now.  I will run her in the ground before I stick a fork in her.  Although, we don't know yet the effects of 3rd party ware will have on hardware, but we will see soon enough I rekon.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

So am I Andreas. So am I.

Our bodies ready?  - YES. But our minds? 

Are they ready to be blown?

Mine is - and I suspect yours is too - with that awesome Graphics Card in the slot.

HERE WE GO BABY!

Bring it on!

(With my; and breathe out. . . and sigh a little. . . 

4790K @ 4.2

MSI 780 Ti

16 Gig Ram. . . . 

200 Gig SSD)

Tell me what it looks like on Ultra - send us a postcard - report back to us -  I'll be right behind you on LOW settings. 😛

New Rig Planned for September. . . so all is not lost!

Very exciting times as we all manoeuvre ourselves in to position for flight.

Remember - Aviate - Navigate - Communicate.

Lol Loved your post 🙂

Well, tbh, you are probably much more clever than I. It makes more (business) sense to wait untill the new cards releases. I, however, decided I couldn't wait. So, we can exchange pictures when you get your new card and leave me in the dust 🙂

• Like 3

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78