Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

I'm READY!

10 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

My new RTX Asus 2080TI Strix OC card just arrived and fits neatly in my tower. Yesterday the logitech g pro (saitek) panels arrived. My body is ready!! 

congratulations on your new arrival, you deserve every bit of happiness its going to bring to you, probably. So many happy and wonder-filled times lay ahead. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eriol_Mits said:

congratulations on your new arrival, you deserve every bit of happiness its going to bring to you, probably. So many happy and wonder-filled times lay ahead. 

Thank you so much! It's been a very long time since I was this giddy about anything. Last time I felt like this was probably 7 years old waiting for christmas and my new state of the art police bike (it had a horn and everything) 😄

I'm now 42... 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

7 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I didn't think women could like flight sims, good to know!

Not all people who have husbands are women...

Congratulations Andreas - I share your excitement wholly. I went out and bought my new rig the week the sim was announced!

• Like 3

Just now, Nate1 said:

Not all people who have husbands are women...

Congratulations Andreas - I share your excitement wholly. I went out and bought my new rig the week the sim was announced!

Just so 😉 I am pretty happy I was somewhat forward thinking when I built this rig 4 years back. Updating individual components haven't been hard at all. Big tower cabinet, and luckily just enough space for my new rtx 2080ti to squeeze into. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

10 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

My new RTX Asus 2080TI Strix OC card just arrived and fits neatly in my tower. Yesterday the logitech g pro (saitek) panels arrived. My body is ready!! 

Not to knock you but here in a couple months the 30xx series is coming. Cost more? Yes, but will futureproof your build for a long time. I have a 1080Ti and will dump it for the 30xxTi as soon as its released to marry up to my 9900k.

• Like 1

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Not to knock you but here in a couple months the 30xx series is coming. Cost more? Yes, but will futureproof your build for a long time. I have a 1080Ti and will dump it for the 30xxTi as soon as its released to marry up to my 9900k.

Many sites reporting the 17th September as a launch date for 3080 and somewhere October for 3070.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/rumour-rtx-3080-to-launch-in-september-followed-by-rtx-3070-in-october/
https://www.ithome.com/0/497/387.htm
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/geforce-rtx-3000-series-staggered-release-rumour

Edited by CallsignDE
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Yes, I must admit it was a dilemma. However, last time I bought a gfx card, I was in just the same pickle. Wait for the next "big thing", or buy the best now? I ended up not waiting for the next, and got my gtx 980TI, and I didn't regret it for a second. Actually, it was only a year or so ago that my card stopped showing up on the benchmark tests on the popular techchannels on youtube. It has held up very well. Untill the  release of the 2080ti, the other TI's that came along didn't provide enough of an upgrade. Like maybe 20%, but would cost a whole deal more. 

So, I admit it is a gamle, especially since I haven't researched what to expect from the 3000 cards. If, however, history repeats itself like it's prone to, then I can live fine with not getting the 20% upgrade over my 2080ti. It still has double the framerates of my old 980ti. Seems to me there is never a good time to buy the best graphics cards. You buy them when they launch, and pay out your nose. You wait untill prices fall, and the next big thing is just around the corner 😉 

Oh, and one last personal point: I was worried that my rig would suffer from the load of MSFS, and I'm willing to pay now to make sure I dont have to go months without enjoying the new baby christ and second coming. These last three weeks have been hard enough, I cant imagine having to sit there with my non-functional rig and see all those happy faces simming their asses off in msfs come august 18th. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

I'm waiting for the 3080, but I'm really concerned that the card could be in such a short supply that I'll either have to wait well into 2021 or get ripped off by paying like 2x price. 

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Congratulations on your new card!  I am sure it will go well in MSFS. 

It is very exciting times.  I was trying not to get dragged into all of the excitement, but after watching all of the recent YouTube videos I am really looking forward to it now.

I will run with what I have for now (1080Ti) and see if I can tweak the settings to find a sweet spot to match my card.

As the sim settles down, and the bugs are gradually ironed out and the new features added, if I am still happy with the sim I will look at an upgrade then - about 6 to 9 months I reckon.  👍

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

26 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Congratulations on your new card!  I am sure it will go well in MSFS. 

It is very exciting times.  I was trying not to get dragged into all of the excitement, but after watching all of the recent YouTube videos I am really looking forward to it now.

I will run with what I have for now (1080Ti) and see if I can tweak the settings to find a sweet spot to match my card.

As the sim settles down, and the bugs are gradually ironed out and the new features added, if I am still happy with the sim I will look at an upgrade then - about 6 to 9 months I reckon.  👍

What CPU do you have

Semper Fi 

5 minutes ago, joec63 said:

What CPU do you have

I have a special edition tinned 8086 with a big water cooler on it.  It can run at 5.2 Ghz locked, and it really needed it for my old FSX set-up at 4k! 😏

Luckily, it seems MSFS is using the GPU more and so the higher GHz is not needed so much on the CPU - we will soon see!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

55 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

1080T

Glad I read this because I too have the same, and I'll take my optimism from you for the new dawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

I'm waiting for the 3080, but I'm really concerned that the card could be in such a short supply that I'll either have to wait well into 2021 or get ripped off by paying like 2x price. 

I heard rumors it might appear even later than autumn 2146.😀

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.