Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Where's the contrails?

Has anyone seen contrails in FS2020 yet?   None of the airliner videos I've seen have them.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Again this has already been covered. In the default airplanes the chemtrials switch is still “inop” 😉

But seriously, the effects do not appear to be complete yet, at least in the beta. Possibly release, maybe later?

• Like 1

Chris

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Again this has already been covered. In the default airplanes the chemtrials switch is still “inop” 😉

But seriously, the effects do not appear to be complete yet, at least in the beta. Possibly release, maybe later?

Dang Nabbit!!   How am I going to recklessly spray all my family members in the country with alzheimers causing aluminum particles if the chemtrail switch doesn't work!?!? 😞

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

The environmentalist have been at work the first green flight sim. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Engine limitation. 

lmao

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

On a more serious note it has been mentioned the effect files are apparently already in the file system but somehow not activated. In some videos we’ve now seen some dust and tire smoke though.

The most recent developer FAQ said they are still working on special effects like water spray, vortexes etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UAL4life said:

Engine limitation. 

You have to wait until 18. august to see, what are an engine limitations 😉 . Nobody here did see the final version of MSFS. I'm sure, that we all be surprised, what all engine can do 🙂 . Don't forget, that a beta preview version of MSFS isn't the same, what will change to final. In a beta previvew many functionalities still there can be missing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

I'm sure, that we all be surprised, what all engine can do 🙂

That's the only hope at this point in the short term to see what happens on the 18th.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

But for real, absolutely no footage or screenshots of contrails. Doubt they will be in at release. 

Edited by UAL4life