Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten to San Juan (TBM930) (TNCM-TJSJ)

I will have to say. Even if documentation is light...or not there, there is an easy way to find out what things do. Locate where the keybinds are and scroll thru them to find out the shortcut for what you want to do. Its a little tedious but I am sure you will find it most times. 

6 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Silly person!

While I'm not quite to the point of pushing up daisies...

I'll never push up daises. I'll wind up in some Potter's Field pushing up stinkweed (Artemisia tilesii) most likely.

3 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

Locate where the keybinds are and scroll thru them to find out the shortcut for what you want to do. Its a little tedious but I am sure you will find it most times. 

Asobo has made it much easier than a manual search! We can specify the generic name in the Filter Box to isolate all events related to the keyword chosen. See the pinned topic on this in the forum post listings!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Shug said:

I think you just nailed my future!

I nailed everyone's future!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, GuyFlyer said:

Princess Juliana looks so disappointing. When they announced the list of hand crafted airports I was surprised to see that SABA had the custom treatment but TNCM didn't. However I was hopeful that it would still look good but honestly it doesn't look any better than it did in FSX. At least in FSX it had some custom buildings. And what's with the patches of water all around the taxiway? I hope asobo improve it down the line as TNCM used to be such a fun place to fly in multiplayer when doing landing challenges and fly outs.

You have to remember what Jorg said about 3rd party partners and stepping on their toes and this is a revenue generator for Microsoft so they are relying on people buying 3PD stuff too for their profits.  At the end of the day they left this space for FlyTampa.

Edited by carmined

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 8/9/2020 at 6:22 AM, hangar said:

It seems he is unhappy with this seating view as he complains about it (obviously too low and far away) but is unable to move around the cockpit to change it. Is this not possible in the beta?

That is pretty easy with the cursor keys and alt cursor keys and even to save the view on the spot...

Much more to tell about the camera system, but till the 18th 🙂

Edited by awf

André

Another one, Miami to Nassau. No texture, just algae... ahm colored water.
Oh well, seems like I'm going to avoid the caribbean and tropical waters until it gets proper water masks.

33 minutes ago, Carlosx said:

Another one, Miami to Nassau. No texture, just algae... ahm colored water.
Oh well, seems like I'm going to avoid the caribbean and tropical waters until it gets proper water masks.

It does look a little bland, doesn't it. Better tropical water masks would do a world of difference. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

34 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It does look a little bland, doesn't it. Better tropical water masks would do a world of difference. 

That is very generous wording, considering what they are advertising in official trailers and screenshots.

• Like 1

Just now, Carlosx said:

That is very generous wording, considering what they are advertising in official trailers and screenshots.

The tropical island you are referring to is hand made, afaik, and was mentioned in one of the latest interviews with Asobo. They explained that they need to handcraft them because bing maps dont provide under water data because there hasn't been any demand for it. They also said they are working with Bing to see if they can make it happen in the future. They are currently hand crafting the coral reefs and tropical waters for now. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

7 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The tropical island you are referring to is hand made, afaik, and was mentioned in one of the latest interviews with Asobo.

No it's not just one island. They keep showing various locations with good looking detailed shallow water in their trailers and screenshots.

But it seems like not only does it not apply to tropical waters in general (which pretty much everyone expects, when they keep showing it explicitly over and over...), but even these very few specific locations are lacking the water mask in the release version compared to what is shown in trailers and screenshots.