Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

First Products Announced at Orbx

37 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Not sure where I've seen it, but it was officially confirmed that Orbx assisted Asobo with some of the handcrafted airports.

It was mentioned in an FSElite article.

• Like 1

Pretty meh airports. Scenery packs look good. From what I've seen from the previews of MS2020 they need to fix up a few things, like I've never seen a forest between 34L & R at Sydney lol.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

48 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Well, that's the official story, anyway.  JV's surprise at the announcement may have been similar to the testers' surprise at the release date in that it came long before it was expected.

When you get MSFS, be sure to read the credits. 🙂 

So are you saying that if Orbx is mentioned in the credits for MSFS then that means they were unoffically involved before MSFS was publicly announced?

If so, I don't quite follow that line of reasoning.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Not sure where I've seen it, but it was officially confirmed that Orbx assisted Asobo with some of the handcrafted airports.

I do not know if  you can export sceneries from P3D to FS20. But let's remember that besides their payware they have made available, as freeware, hundreds of enhanced default GA airports in the US and Europe with their own building models. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

To be honest, the thought of spending lots more money on another flight simulator left me feeling depressed more than anything else...

I agree.  While no one is forcing us to buy anything extra for the sim.  I was really hoping that there would less need for addons to both slow the sim and fill up our drives.  I will try to resist the urge to buy a lot of extra "stuff" but I will probably do it anyway!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

46 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

So are you saying that if Orbx is mentioned in the credits

Maybe they're mentioned, maybe they're not.  You'll have to read the credits to see.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

11 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Maybe they're mentioned, maybe they're not.  You'll have to read the credits to see.

That doesn't really answer my question or make your point any clearer. Quite the opposite, in fact.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:17 AM, AKMGuru said:

I see in their in game screenshots airliners have real world liveries. Is this going to be a thing at launch or what? I’m confused.

Maybe an FLAI beta?

Eric 

51 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

IM I will try to resist the urge to buy a lot of extra "stuff" but I will probably do it anyway!

Borg, Orbx, Shmborgx, Resistance is futile

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

32 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

That doesn't really answer my question or make your point any clearer. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Maybe one of us is under NDA and has to be careful what he says.  You'll have to read between the lines and draw your own conclusions.  Or wait until release.

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

To be honest, the thought of spending lots more money on another flight simulator has left me feeling depressed more than anything else...

Don't then 🙄  No one is forcing you to, and this sim will need less spent that any other. Stay with what you've got if the thought of adding some high quality 3rd party content makes you so miserable.

The thing that makes me depressed is reading this forum 😒  but, no one is forcing me, so I've only myself to blame 🤪

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind that MS has promised regular world updates and as part of that they said new airports will be added. This I believe is in at least one FSElite interview video.

• Like 1

Maybe a little off topic, but anyone knows which 3D program they use for landmark buildings?

9 minutes ago, aleex said:

Maybe a little off topic, but anyone knows which 3D program they use for landmark buildings?

I'm not sure, but I've seen some talk of being able to use Blender.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

44 minutes ago, aleex said:

Microsoft became in July a Gold Member of the Blender Foundation 😉.  

• Like 2

Dominique