Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Give them an inch......

MSFS: Here you are World, we have made you the perfect inch!

World: Stick it! We want a mile! With bells on!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

It's pretty hilarious to see a community that has accepted cartoonish looking clouds for decades now complaining about tree height and placement in a sim that for the first time is actually doing weather simulation.

It's like people have forgotten how important weather is to flight. More than trees. 

• Like 19

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, Slides said:

It's pretty hilarious to see a community that has accepted cartoonish looking clouds for decades now complaining about tree height and placement in a sim that for the first time is actually doing weather simulation.

It's like people have forgotten how important weather is to flight. More than trees. 

With heightened overall fidelity, every little inaccuracy sticks out like a sore thumb. And overall, the trees really are too large, too tall, and there's just too word not allowed many of them. This is not just some whiny complaint by the testers. Next week, we'll have a flood of people commenting that their town does not, in fact, look like a rainforest.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Slides said:

It's pretty hilarious to see a community that has accepted cartoonish looking clouds for decades now complaining about tree height and placement...

Not a whole community, if I see, only one person has continuous problem with the trees 🙂 . I think, because he wasn't in forest for a long time 🙂 . Only one, but is very loudly screaming 🙂

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

With heightened overall fidelity, every little inaccuracy sticks out like a sore thumb. And overall, the trees really are too large, too tall, and there's just too word not allowed many of them. This is not just some whiny complaint by the testers. Next week, we'll have a flood of people commenting that their town does not, in fact, look like a rainforest.

Yes, they went a little crazy with the trees but so what? That's a minor issue in most cases.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slides said:

Yes, they went a little crazy with the trees but so what? That's a minor issue in most cases.

There's no use in arguing about this, everyone has their own priorities about what they find important.

I don't think they'll ignore it, though, there's just too many trees blocking runway approaches for that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

People will be complaining that the post box at the end of the street is missing, “SMH, literally unplayable.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

There's no use in arguing about this, everyone has their own priorities about what they find important.

I don't think they'll ignore it, though, there's just too many trees blocking runway approaches for that.

Consider it a landing challenge.

• Like 1

Hi MORE TREES!!!!!! This is how the earth SHOULD look like to keep life sustainable imho!

3 cents

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Edited to remove excessive space.

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Next week, we'll have a flood of people commenting that their town does not, in fact, look like a rainforest.

Yes that has stuck out to me a lot in the screenshots and now preview videos, it seems Blackshark AI doesn't know what bushes and scrubland are, everything is a tree! Looks really odd next to a coastal airport. I think in later previews they seem less prevalent though.

For some nations (such as UK) AI isn't even needed, all trees are mapped (this is how the Treescapes was done, from government mapping data). It's shame that such data (I'm sure much of it on OpenStreetMap) couldn't be utilised to inform the AI a bit more.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

59 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

This is the legitimate issue. Runways become unusable with large trees blocking the approach. Whatever else is great and realistic about the sim, the realism is spoiled by arriving at an airport for the first time only to find your approach blocked by a line of 50ft high conifers 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

16 minutes ago, jon b said:

This is the legitimate issue. Runways become unusable with large trees blocking the approach. Whatever else is great and realistic about the sim, the realism is spoiled by arriving at an airport for the first time only to find your approach blocked by a line of 50ft high conifers 

Tactical landing

I haven't noticed the trees to be honest. I live in Georgia and we have 200 foot pines everywhere. Maybe I havnt seen the right videos.

• Like 1

Matthews has not posted here and you are all talking trees like if there was no tomorrow. Just sayin'...  Matthews, the ultimate influencer 🤣.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam