Sign in to follow this  
mobiel

Gatwick and Vatsim

Hello guys,

I've got a question. Why are many aircrafts in EGKK on vatsim parked in buildings when they are on parking positions. Other taxi left or right of the taxiways.

I use UK2000 EGKK but are the other sceneries so different that the parking spots are on different places?

And which scenery is the best and the real one for Gatwick?

Yep, different scenery and most likely those people are using default.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If aircraft are parked in the building you may have CAD file conflict.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, mobiel said:

And which scenery is the best and the real one for Gatwick?

The age old question. 

The one from jennasoft is some half baked botched unfinished job. 

The one from UK2000 is a dull, boring and unoptimised aged piece of dross. 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The age old question. 

So do not fly to Gatwick 😄

48 minutes ago, mobiel said:

So do not fly to Gatwick 😄

It's my local airport.  Where is yours? 

14ppkc-6.png

The default airports are so ugly, unlike say in XP11, and there are couple of plugins to make them all look even better.

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The age old question. 

You forgot to start those statements with "in my opinion". Many people are perfectly happy with those airports.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

It's my local airport.  Where is yours? 

EDDK

but I love to fly to Gatwick with Vatsim. There is always heavy Traffic 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The age old question. 

The UK2000 is looking a bit dated, but is still a pretty good rendition.

The Jennasoft is far better and looks great during the day (maybe the grass is a tad bright), but was lacking decent dynamic night lighting last time I used it (even with the inBuilds update). As far as I'm aware, it's still waiting on a reliable fix to sort this problem out...

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You forgot to start those statements with "in my opinion". Many people are perfectly happy with those airports.

i know if i learnt one thing in the 20 years simming its people will pay money for anything.    I dont know anyone who is happy with it.  Its not like we have any other decent replacement apart from garys or jennasoft. 

I hope to dear god that when this ms2020 comes out they dont let substandard addons that are from fs2004 into the market place or some half finished botch jobs.

if all you gave people to eat was porridge every day for 3 meals and never offered anything else they would say its good. Theres never been any others in the running.

Let orbx's havbe a go of it.  God knows it deserves it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, mobiel said:

EDDK

but I love to fly to Gatwick with Vatsim. There is always heavy Traffic 

youre lucky you have a nice aerosoft version.  you waited a while for someone to do it.  but at least you have a good one now.

At EGKK weve had garys grey boring stuff for decades along with the pause on touch down glitch for what nearly 20 years. 

then we thought we struck gold when jennasoft did it.  only to be let down again.

Trust me, your lucky.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

i know if i learnt one thing in the 20 years simming its people will pay money for anything.    I dont know anyone who is happy with it.  Its not like we have any other decent replacement apart from garys or jennasoft. 

Another sweeping generalisation. Have you run a survey?

I won’t. I check reviews before buying anything from a new developer. For new airports from a known and trusted one I’ve not been disappointed. I don’t know why you have problems with Gatwick but nowhere else. It’s not a particularly heavy airport. Maybe turn your Ai down or use FSUIPC to handle it better.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Another sweeping generalisation. Have you run a survey?

no and neither have you.  its like saying ryanair have millions of happy customers because they told a million tickets.

its not just egkk, I could give you list of 5 airports of bad quality, average quality and amazing quality.  and unfortuntley I would rank EGKK in the bad quality box.

look im sure garys a lovely bloke, hes probabaly your mate,  but when it comes to scenery development hes not up their with the others no matter how you cook it or try to phrase it.

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, fluffyflops said:

no and neither have you.  its like saying ryanair have millions of happy customers because they told a million tickets.

its not just egkk, I could give you list of 5 airports of bad quality, average quality and amazing quality.  and unfortuntley I would rank EGKK in the bad quality box.

look im sure garys a lovely bloke, hes probabaly your mate,  but when it comes to scenery development hes not up their with the others no matter how you cook it or try to phrase it.

Have you posted your feelings about EGKK on Gary’s forum? He doesn’t visit this place. I don’t know Gary. I only communicate with him on his forum. Yes, there are aspects of UK2000 scenery that could be improved but bear in mind if we didn’t have UK2000 who else would create all our UK airports? And the prices are very reasonable.

If you want top notch airports they’ll cost you more than Gary charges.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather