Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

How Long Are You Thinking Of Delaying Your Purchase?

1 hour ago, Flying Fisherman said:

I sure hope I'm wrong but I don't think it's going to be possible to get the frame rates you are looking for in VR with high and ultra settings in MSFS using the highest resolution of the Reverb (G2) across the entire FOV for at least a couple of years and one (maybe 2) GPU improvement cycles.

It is said that with the current version the medium setting will be achieved with the G2.

I hope DX12 (and the correct use of it by Asobo) might help to achieve the high setting.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

How long am I thinking about delaying?

Let me think about that right now...

I’m not.

Didn’t take that long to think about!

13 hours ago, Boby said:

Running a I7 4790K @ 4,8 with a GTX980ti on WQHD. And to be honest I am not impressed with FS 2020. From what i have seen on videos the planes fly themselves: its a console clone which is very badly optimized. Be ready for an amazing load of "bad performance" posts after release. I am not going to spend 3000 - 4000 euro on the best hardware to run at 40-50 frames. So I will wait at least for a full year.

Yes, planes flying themselves is what we call Autopilot. Console clone? sounds like troll-speak.

Was thinking about waiting for a couple of weeks, but then this morning 32gb of ram was delivered to my door, must have been my sub conscience that ordered it. Going to wait until the whole steam/WS order situation becomes clear which hopefully won't take long. Cancelled my previous WS pre-order due to unlimited errors.

2 hours ago, RobotRock said:

How long am I thinking about delaying?

Let me think about that right now...

I’m not.

Didn’t take that long to think about!

It's a weird question. Why is anyone who isn't willing to spend $1 to try the sim wasting time posting in this forum??

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

11 minutes ago, desbean said:

but then this morning 32gb of ram was delivered to my door, must have been my sub conscience that ordered it.

Gee, I wonder if MY wife would order 32gb of RAM without telling me simply because I mentioned I'd need it. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

It's a weird question. Why is anyone who isn't willing to spend $1 to try the sim wasting time posting in this forum??

I think he meant he wasn't going to delay.  

Do we need to type slower for the hard of reading? 😄 

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Just now, LHookins said:

I think he meant he wasn't going to delay.  

Do we need to type slower for the hard of reading? 😄 

Hook

Nah, Larry, I read pretty good. If you're struggling, I find that mouthing the words as you read helps.

Just FYI in this case, though - I think you misunderstand, I was agreeing with the guy I quoted, and suggesting that original question in this thread was odd. If I was going to spend quality time posting in some sort of enthusiast forum, you can be word not allowed sure I would be spending my hard-earned dollar (singular) to try out the product in question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Just FYI in this case, though - I think you misunderstand, I was agreeing with the guy I quoted, and suggesting that original question in this thread was odd.

Oh.  Hm.  Ok, let me make a suggestion.  If you think I'm out of line, let me know. 🙂 

Next time, quote the post you're responding to rather than some random one that just happens to be the last in the thread. 😄 

"It's a weird question" could be taken as referring to the previous poster, as I did.  "I agree" might have staved off a bit of confusion.

So next time, type slower, would ya?  I'm a little hard of reading too.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

How 'bout we get back to the topic?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Oh.  Hm.  Ok, let me make a suggestion.  If you think I'm out of line, let me know. 🙂 

Next time, quote the post you're responding to rather than some random one that just happens to be the last in the thread. 😄 

"It's a weird question" could be taken as referring to the previous poster, as I did.  "I agree" might have staved off a bit of confusion.

So next time, type slower, would ya?  I'm a little hard of reading too.

Hook

Larry, I did quote the post I was responding to! Maybe it was a bit unclear, it's 5:30am and I'm sitting around posting (because i'm excited about MSFS) when I really should be sleeping.

In terms of you being out of line...not quite sure what you're getting at there. We've exchanged messages a few times tonight, just so you're clear I'm 100% joking with these exchanges - it can be hard to tell on the internet - just carrying on from previous conversations which I hope you perceived as friendly!

Cheers, mate.  

Oz

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I'm 100% joking with these exchanges

SO AM I! 😄  

I've spent too much time reading forums since I got up this morning.

Hook

Larry Hookins

6 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

I think you both understood what I was saying.

I assume you meant you weren't delaying.  I can never be quite sure what Rob assumes. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins