Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

How Long Are You Thinking Of Delaying Your Purchase?

And guys, try MSFS on your current computer before upgrading.  You may be surprised at how well it runs with "normal" specs. Once you've run it, you can decide where it's weak and needs an upgrade.

On my computer (see specs above) MSFS suggested High detail. I went with Ultra because I wanted to see what the sim was capable of regardless of frame rate.  If I decide I need to, I can selectively lower some settings.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Genuinely surprised by many of the replies in this thread although respectful of them.

If there's one thing this year (and last, for personal reasons) has taught me it's that there may be no tomorrow (metaphorically rather than, perhaps, literally!).

Carpe diem 😎

• Like 5

Holding off for now as I'm waiting on the XBOX Series II.  I have a bunch of videos to look at in the meantime.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

Frames... "adequate"? 😄   Probably more than 20, probably less than 60.  I don't display fps.  I will occasionally see slowdowns, sometimes for no apparent reason. 

Ooo!  Something I forgot to mention.  Extra cloud layers do not seem to affect your frame rate.  Nothing like in P3D.

I use TrackIR, and the frame rate doesn't get low enough to interfere with my looking around.  In P3D it would get pretty noticeable with fps under 20.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

12 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Genuinely surprised by many of the replies in this thread although respectful of them.

If there's one thing this year (and last, for personal reasons) has taught me it's that there may be no tomorrow (metaphorically rather than, perhaps, literally!).

Carpe diem 😎

Hear hear.

Edited by Wewk584

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

1 minute ago, bean_sprout said:

Holding off for now as I'm waiting on the XBOX Series II.

Do we know for sure that they're even working on the XBox implementation?  I don't know how much of the PC version would need to be redone.  It's... outside my area of expertise.

Of course, MSFS for XBox might debut the same day as the new XBox, which would be the best situation.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I'm going to wait for a little while until I can replicate what I currently enjoy in P3D v5 (AIG AI Manager for AI aircraft, FSLabs A3xx aircraft, PMDG aircraft, ORBX areas in which I like to fly, etc.).

That might take a while, but I'm prepared to wait. I just bought a new PC (i7-10700K, 16 gigs memory, etc. etc.), so I'll happily run P3D v5 until FS2020 is at the stage that I'm willing to pay for.

Edited by JRMurray
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

12 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Ain't it the truth.

I have a pacemaker/defibrillator and it fired once a couple of years ago.  In other words, I died, but I got better.  And at age 70, I'm at an age where I no longer buy green bananas. 😄 

Don't wait too long.

Hook

• Like 5

Larry Hookins

2 minutes ago, JRMurray said:

I'm going to wait for a little while until I can replicate what I currently enjoy in P3D v5 (AIG AI Manager for AI aircraft, FSLabs A3xx aircraft, PMDG aircraft, ORBX areas in which I like to fly, etc.).

You probably won't need ORBX.  You might enjoy low and slow flight in MSFS, lots of other virtual airliner pilots do.  We're supposed to have real world real time AI traffic.  

For $60 it might be a good second simulator for those times you want something different.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

I'll buy when PMDG and FSL release airliners for it. I'm not much of a GA guy so I'll be waiting until next year.

NAX669.png

Already pre ordered the standard edition. I’ve got a system that should handle it on Ultra pretty easy (only 1080p monitor) and this is the type of sim I have been waiting forever for that I didn’t think would really ever happen. I’ll be using P3D v4.5 for my airliner type flying but MSFS for my GA type flying seeing how great it looks. Won’t be making a full switch until my 3rd party addons all become available and leaves little reason to keep P3D. 

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

until i can understand if there are any limitations when buying through steam with regards to third party installers, im not overly fond of the MS store

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I heard that MS was going to sell this version to Boeing.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

40 minutes ago, LHookins said:

On my computer (see specs above) MSFS suggested High detail.

Slightly off-topic, but I've seen testers mention settings being recommended and wondered how the sim does that. Does it immediately make a suggestion after it loads for the first time (having obviously checked the hardware installed) or does it work like Forza Horizon which runs a minute or so of a race video and makes adjustments based on that?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)