Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

How Long Are You Thinking Of Delaying Your Purchase?

5 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

I think you both understood what I was saying.

We both understood what you were saying, I agreed with what you were saying, Larry thought I disagreed with what you were saying, I told Larry that I agreed with what you were saying, Now we all agree..which we did anyway.

OK, that was confusing, but I think it's time for me to sleep, fun though posting on Avsim is. Night all, I hope you're looking forward to the new day with MSFS as much as I am! 🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 minutes ago, w6kd said:

How 'bout we get back to the topic?

Neither of us are serious, if that makes any difference.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I assume you meant you weren't delaying.  I can never be quite sure what Rob assumes. 😄 

Hook

That's actually funny. Talk to my students some time (in my day job I teach people to read proper and stuff), they will tell you that is the one word you are literally not allowed to say in class. The phrase "I assume" is now always met with gasps of surprise and disapproval.

Because, Larry, if you assume, you know what it makes out of you and me? Nothing good. So please - no more using that word on Avsim!

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Because, Larry, if you assume, you know what it makes out of you and me? Nothing good. So please - no more using that word on Avsim!

My favorite response to that is, "... Let's save that for the hourly employees, shall we?" 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

5 minutes ago, LHookins said:

My favorite response to that is, "... Let's save that for the hourly employees, shall we?" 😄 

Hook

Look, I don't really know what that means, but it sounds clever. I'm just glad nobody in this neck of the woods has come up with a comeback to that line yet.

Anyway, please stop quoting me as I need sleep and I seem incapable of leaving my Avsim inbox alone if there's a shiny, new notification there. 🙂

See y'all on the morrow.

• Like 1

Oz

See y'all on the morrow.

Nicely quoted without attribution so that poor Rob can get some sleep.

My response assumes we're both management and the typical comment about assuming is only for the unwashed masses that work for us. 😄 Which, for the kinds of people I'd normally use it on, is a bit of a slap in the face.  No offense intended for you, Sir, as you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar.

Now... why the HECK are you spending money on a frivolous flight sim when you could be buying your daughter a puppy and shoes with the same money, then going off to buy that Cessna 337 that you want and that I want a ride in?  And have a REAL AIRPLANE, not some silly flying game (it's a joke, guys, don't hit me).

And to keep on topic, how long are you thinking of delaying that purchase? 😄   Don't wait too long, they could sell it to someone else.  That'd break my heart.

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

8 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I'll also be watching for possibilities transfer my (hundreds) add-on airport sceneries. And how devs will price add-on aircraft upgrades for the MSFS version. I hope differently than PMDG...

That's why they call it a hobby - LOL

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

Gee, I wonder if MY wife would order 32gb of RAM without telling me simply because I mentioned I'd need it. 😄 

Hook

No, it really was my "sub conscience". Telling myself I was going to wait while plotting my next move to get it. My wife hated FS, or hated the fact that I liked it. Ex wife I should mention.😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bottle said:

I’ll have to wait until I’ve rebuilt my PC with nothing more than match sticks, blue tak and paper clips and then survived electrocution. And I have whittle the match stick myself. And go down pit to mine the blue tak. You young people have got it easy! Luxury! 

At least you'll be able to replace the matchsticks with the wood from all those 'oversized' 🌲🌳🌴!😄

9 hours ago, LHookins said:

Unless they're on autopilot! 😄 

<grins ducks and runs> 🙂 

Hook

I think he must have watched the video where the guy put the plane in AI mode and discovered the plane will indeed follow the correct approach and land itself without a flight plan or use of autopliot!😄 Console copy, my word not allowed!

9 hours ago, hangar said:

wow, that's a long friggen time. I'd think picking a plane/airport and choosing real weather option should only take a minute...that leaves alot of video fodder to sit through.

I just loaded FSX:SE, quickly chose a default plane, scrolled fast without thought and chose a random default airport (active runway), chose FSX's live weather option, and went to cockpit view in a total of 1:48.20. Considering I put no thought into my choices and that I'm using a wildly outdated sim compared to MSFS, I think 4-6 minutes isn't bad even though I agree it feels like a long time. But I'm used to some console games taking ages, so maybe I have an inbuilt immunity to that.

And if the reload times from the challenges are an indication, at least that often highly frustrating aspect of console gaming is absent.👍

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)