Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Release time MS Store / Steam

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-times/

If you purchased the simulator via the Microsoft Store, you will be able to start downloading MSFS on a rolling release depending on your timezone. Please identify your country below to see what time the sim will unlock for you.

If you purchased the simulator via Steam, you will be able to download at 04:00 UTC ( August 18, 12:00am EST) universally across all countries.

(click link for country/timezone listing)

• Like 5

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Even though I'm almost afraid to say it, I'm glad I bought it from the MS Store. Through the launcher I'm able to select whichever drive I want to install to, so right now, It looks like I'm right in my predictions that steam is not a optimal platform for the launch itself. However, it will only vary by a few hours, and after launchday is over it doesn't matter at all. 

However, now that I will be able to start my download at around midnight my local time, my all-nighter may proceed as planned 😄

Edit: Updated with bold and underline to make my point clear. I am not calling steam a subpar platform, but if your aim is to play MSFS as soon as possible, and you live east of the US, then you have a head start if you got it from MS Store. Also, the MS Store/Steam files you download first (and that has a rolling start in ms store) is only the launcher. Within the launcher you will be able to pick your drive and folder for where you want the game itself to be installed. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Even though I'm almost afraid to say it, I'm glad I bought it from the MS Store. Through the launcher I'm able to select whichever drive I want to install to, so right now, It looks like I'm right in my predictions that steam is not a optimal platform for the launch itself. However, it will only vary by a few hours, and after launchday is over it doesn't matter at all. 

However, now that I will be able to start my download at around midnight my local time, my all-nighter may proceed as planned 😄

Thanks for posting. 

My thoughts exactly.   Im sure Steam is still optimal platform, but now with MS store we can get a few hours head start on the servers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Honestly, I don't know why you can conclude universally, that you're were right in your prediction that Steam is not optimal?! That's a personal preference, to be honest.

Yes, it's a little bit later, than MS Store (dependent on where you live), but at least, I'd have it with all my other games. Personally I don't like the Microsoft Store - but again, that's a personal thing. It was even (a little) cheaper on Steam. 🙂

• Like 1

🙂

4 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

Honestly, I don't know why you can conclude universally, that you're were right in your prediction that Steam is not optimal?! That's a personal preference, to be honest.

Yes, it's a little bit later, than MS Store (dependent on where you live), but at least, I'd have it with all my other games. Personally I don't like the Microsoft Store - but again, that's a personal thing. It was even (a little) cheaper on Steam. 🙂

I didn't say universally. I said it was not optimal for launch specifically. I also added that after launch it doesn't matter. 

Andreas Stangenes

lol to fly just a few hours earlier..hahaha this is so funny .

i will get it from MS, only because i do not want the steam app running too, and i will get it probably a week or 10 days laters,

why the hurry?

• Like 1

Get a game pass and get it from MS Store and when Steam version is out, uninstall MS Store version and buy from Steam.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Thanks for the update, I was waiting to see which would would be available first down here in Australia, seems I'll be going with MS Store after all, hope I don't regret it later. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Weird logic for calling MS Store the optimal launcher. Steam lets you install to a specific path. 

When you select a specific drive other than the Windows drive, when installing software off the MS Store, it dumps the folders in the root of that folder, you aren't allowed to pick a path. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

18 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

You can install on every drive you want to install it via Steam. Whats the Problem?

Additionally, you have full access to all files in Steam, not some hidden stuff as via the MS Store.

• Like 2

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Weird logic for calling MS Store the optimal launcher. Steam lets you install to a specific path, when you select a specific drive other than the Windows drive, it dumps the folders in the root of that folder, you aren't allowed to pick a path. 

Mine MSFS is already on D Drive SSD all the folders waiting for full install today 17th.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

Mine MSFS is already on D Drive SSD all the folders waiting for full install today 17th.

I'm happy on your behalf 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Nothing sitting in my root file, but all programs put things in the root of windows even Steam.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

Nothing sitting in my root file, but all programs put things in the root of windows even Steam.

To be frank Raymond, based on that sentence alone, I don't think you understand what is being talked about.

• Like 1