Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

49 minutes ago, justadude said:

Hello,

I am having issues.

My rig: i7-6700, 32GB Ram, 1070 8GB, SSD, Dual Monitor (one 4k, one 27" widescreen for Discord and such).

I get 10 - 20 frames and average 16. The game seems to be smooth enough when I swivel the camera and fly the plane(ie. it is smooth with no signs of a slide show). I do get microstutters.

I use the dev mode fps counter to measure my fps. I usually use high settings, but here is the kicker. I can use any settings, notice the change in visuals with out it effecting the fps. Same goes for lowering the resolution(except  640p.

So is the fps reporting bad? Does the game account for poor fps rates in some way?

I would be happy with a consistent 30 fps.

Thanks

Something s completely broken in this version, but not everybody seems to be affected. It's now a waiting game, and Asobo has A LOT on their plate.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

- Ryzen 7 3700x

- RTX 2070 Super 8gb OC

- 32gb ram 3200mhz

Madrid city/London/Heathrow, in High Settings, I cant more then 20-25fps.

🤷‍♂️

Went to single monitor today (1920 x 1080) as opposed to the Nvidia surround last night (3840 x 1080).  Bumped up to Ultra and averaged 130 FPS.  Running GPS and ATC on my 2nd monitor.  High End was getting over 200 FPS.  Something very strange where people can be running good hardware and struggle to get 35-40 FPS, and then another rig does this.  I know it isnt 1440 or 2160, but I'm still incredibly happy with this at 1080.  I feel much more comfortable upgrading monitors now after this.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

MSFS 2020 is playable and looks decent. Some remember fsx back in 2006 was more problematic with shutters and blurries of ground textures.  

8 hours ago, Colonel X said:

It's hilarious whats brought up here as desperate fixes... RAM, Hyperthreading, rolling cache... when it's just Asobo who dropped the ball. 

Now, at first startup i had more stutter then everybody else (LOL). Reducing the overclock a bit (from 4,5 to 4,2Ghz and turn on hyperthreading made a BIG difference and made the game from a stutterfest to playable with a stutter here and there, capping that to 30 in NCP reduced it even a bit more (hyperthreading alone did not do the job at 4,5Ghz, the CPU ran a lot hotter and just shut down the PC). Upping the rolling Cache didn't do anything.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

7 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Something s completely broken in this version, but not everybody seems to be affected. It's now a waiting game, and Asobo has A LOT on their plate.

Look, with all due respect, I was not asking you. Yes, you specifically. Your opinion is well know and not really worth my time. You offered no help whatsoever and simply abused my request for your own narrative.

I know what you have to say, sadly both what and the way you choose to say it has robbed you of all credibility.

Edited by justadude
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, justadude said:

Look, with all due respect, I was not asking you. Yes, you specifically. Your opinion is well know and not really worth my time. You offered no help whatsoever and simply abused my request for your own narrative.

I know what you have to say, sadly both what and the way you choose to say it has robbed you of all credibility.

Interesting opinion. In terms of credibility, by the numbers, it's clear I am in the upper echelon of the userbase on AVSIM, which I have been serving for 13 years. I am sorry if my tip, to play it cool and wait out for a patch, is not what you wanted to hear, but I assure you, it's the most educated and reasonable you will get here. Sure go ahead and mess with your BIOS, GPU settings, Asobosim's broken VSYNC, maybe even install something like "drive cleaner", end up reinstalling Windows, only to come back and find out the Colonel had it right.

-

cant resist ahahah some ppl, a certain fake colonel..jees what a bummer.

he should be glad i am no moderator here.

Edited by wim123

11 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

by the numbers, it's clear I am in the upper echelon of the userbase on AVSIM... come back and find out the Colonel had it right.

Bloody hell, check out HRH Sir Lord Darth Colonel Expert Upper Echelon over here! *bows* We are in awe of your superiority. Delusions of grandeur much?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

6 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Bloody hell, check out HRH Sir Lord Darth Colonel Expert Upper Echelon over here! *bows* We are in awe of your superiority. Delusions of grandeur much?

"Colonel" is sufficient, but I accept your submission. Stand at ease!

-

If we're pulling rank based on relative Avsim numbers, I think you'll find I'm at least a Brigadier/Commodore 😉

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

17 hours ago, kaha said:

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling was on. I switched it off, no change.

My Antivirus software is MS Defender. I have all my relevant folders and drives excluded, but cannot exclude the Folder "Program Files/Windows Apps".

It looks I'm at a loss now.

By the way: P3D V5 is running fine and smooth on my rig.

Karl

I solved my stuttering issues disabling the rolling cache completely. Give it a try.

Cheers

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

22 hours ago, devgrp said:

What are talking about?

That the game does not run in fullscreen mode: try for yourself, select Full screen and then press the windows key on the keyboard. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

If we're pulling rank based on relative Avsim numbers, I think you'll find I'm at least a Brigadier/Air commodore 😉

Here's how rank is calculated:

"credits" divided by "postcount" times "years active".

Colonel X = 770/1.263 * 13 = 7.93

ckyliu = 877/2.183 * 14 = 5.62

-

17 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Interesting opinion. In terms of credibility, by the numbers, it's clear I am in the upper echelon of the userbase on AVSIM, which I have been serving for 13 years. I am sorry if my tip, to play it cool and wait out for a patch, is not what you wanted to hear, but I assure you, it's the most educated and reasonable you will get here. Sure go ahead and mess with your BIOS, GPU settings, Asobosim's broken VSYNC, maybe even install something like "drive cleaner", end up reinstalling Windows, only to come back and find out the Colonel had it right.

Sadly, I must report that you, were wrong.

I found my solution before I replied to you. I am sitting at 30 fps at high settings without too much of a sacrifice. Given my hardware, there was little way around it until Asobo patches. That fact is hardy educated advice. It is common knowledge. So far you have offered nothing of value.

I do not care about your numbers, or years of service. I judge you by your responses toward the topic and those have been woefully lacking in this thread. Lower echelon material... well, really bottom of the barrel if I am honest.

Now, maybe you actually read my post, so what advice would you offer me to get to 30 fps, like I was able to do. I will give you a tip: I did not fiddle with my BIOS, GPU settings, nor did I install any 3rd party software.

Now, I am going to go out on a limb and say that while you are well spoken and have offered help in the past, your main aim in this thread is to be divisive.