Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

PC Gamer posted an article on the impact of data streaming on FPS:

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-sim-2020-data-features-performance/

Which settings and resolution, which hardware setup. I'm trying to figure out what's going on in this article, but I can't guess, is this 800x600 or 4k? Which internet connection? 10mbit or 1gbit? You said this was a test. I can't use this for anything but educated guesses in comparisons to other setups.

So, I found the problem!

It was SPAD.neXt. I use it to connect my Saitek consoles to P3D, so it was always running, starting up with Windows. I quit it and voila, MSFS2020 runs silky smooth on Ultra.

Thnk you all for your help, all valid tips to concider.

Pfffff....... I'm a happy guy now!

Karl

• Like 5

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

So i7-4790k, 2070 RTX Super, 16gb ram, SSD and high speed internet connect. It auto detected 'high' settings which I was pleased with. But I have to go very-low graphics and fly away from cities with everything (traffic etc) turned off and aerodynamics set to FSX level, just to get near 20FPS at 1080p. That's still with huge stutters and constant freezing.

At those settings, the game looks like FS2004 - the landscape it just some baron coloured shapes, and it performs like I am running it on a spectrum zx from the 1980's.

Absolutely appalling performance.

Used gefore experience and went one over optimal. Vsync off in game(helps a lot with stutters) and set up 30fps max framerate in nvidia control panel. Its smooth as butter. Gpu runs at 60% to 80%

Looks gorgeous. I was thinking of upgrading gpu and now I won't bother until 4000s 

3700x,gtx1080, 32gb ram @ 1080p

Edited by Colemanuk82

44 minutes ago, kaha said:

So, I found the problem!

It was SPAD.neXt. I use it to connect my Saitek consoles to P3D, so it was always running, starting up with Windows. I quit it and voila, MSFS2020 runs silky smooth on Ultra.

Karl

It is because anything that communicates with sim connect is causing stuttering. I think sim connect is broken. I had same problem if I enabled my buttkicker device. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Which settings and resolution, which hardware setup.

Hardware and resolution are stated in the article.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Hardware and resolution are stated in the article.

They have updated the article, thats why...

1 hour ago, kaha said:

So, I found the problem!

Karl

Awesome!  I think we should get this in front of more people with stutter problems.  There are a LOT of folks with high end rigs that are having problems - there is no way people with newish i7's and RTX 2080/Super/ti can't get good framerates unless something else is going on.  Glad you got it fixed.

so now since I want to move to 1440 or 2160....what FPS are you getting on ultra? I feel like my 2080 super is pretty beefy, but i want to know what i am getting into.  Or a 3080ti is always an option and i'll figure it out down the road 🙂

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

2 hours ago, kaha said:

I'm out of ideas what to try to get rid of the microstutters I have. I have a decent rig (see signature) and a bandwidth of 250 Mbit/s. Still the sim stutters, best noticable in turns. Regardless if I use Ultra or LowEnd settings, regardless if I set 4K or HD.

I think I just quit using it until a solution is present. Really,

Here is a video: I made it flying somewhere in the desert of Africa. There's barely enough content to see the stutters.

https://vimeo.com/449355576

Karl

My sim is running the exact same as yours, no matter the settings... as is many others. If I cant get the game to run again, after trying a reinstall.... I will try a couple things like you guys did. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

4 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

....what FPS are you getting on ultra? ...🙂

Which scenario do you want to see? I'll make a video and show it here.

Karl

• Like 1

Just now, kaha said:

Which scenario do you want to see? I'll make a video and show it here.

Karl

Approach in a Beechcraft of some sort, just not at night?  I am looking to buy a new monitor or monitors - and I have no idea what to move to next.  Only hard part is that the rig has to still function for home office too - so I'm trying to get best of all worlds.  

This all goes away if VR works as intended on the G2 someday!

I'm kind of new to PC gaming in general - what do you use to record video? and can you overlay video of yourself from a webcam?  My daughter (she's 4) wants to fly, and I'd love to get videos of her learning little bits here and there for posterity's sake.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

I'm running 4K and I'm using Nvidia Experience for video capture. It can do 4K, but I let it downsample to HD on the fly. 

I'm just uploading a clip to Vimeo, departing and landing back at LOWS in a Beech.

Karl

Does MSFS take advantage of higher RAM speed.?  I have been running my 32gb ram at 2133mhz but I have the ability to run in XMP where it will increase to 3200mhz.  Not sure if this will help increase FPS, i run higher resolutions on a 2080ti.

Edited by Heli

1 hour ago, mrrm1st said:

So i7-4790k, 2070 RTX Super, 16gb ram, SSD and high speed internet connect. It auto detected 'high' settings which I was pleased with. But I have to go very-low graphics and fly away from cities with everything (traffic etc) turned off and aerodynamics set to FSX level, just to get near 20FPS at 1080p. That's still with huge stutters and constant freezing.

At those settings, the game looks like FS2004 - the landscape it just some baron coloured shapes, and it performs like I am running it on a spectrum zx from the 1980's.

Absolutely appalling performance.

Check CPU usage. Mine often hit 100% causing lots of stutter. Since you're running a K-CPU i guess you're overclocking? If so, turn it down 0,3 GHz, lock the FPS to 30 in the Nvidia CP, turn VSync in game off and try again.

Wait a bit for the game to fully load before take-off.

• Upvote 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

6 minutes ago, Heli said:

Does MSFS take advantage of higher RAM speed.?  I have been running my 32gb ram at 2133mhz but I have the ability to run in XMP where it will increase to 3200mhz.  Not sure if this will help increase FPS, i run higher resolutions on a 2080ti.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but yes - the usefulness of RAM speed is in how quickly you can move information into and out of RAM.  Considering that it is utilizing (for me) 14-18GB, I think that upping that to 3200mhz will help.  Maybe not a ton, but I think there would be benefits.