Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

Last night I was able to fly around Pittsburgh (KPIT and a few other local airports).  I have an i7 10700k, RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra - with the new drivers, it automatically recommended High (one below Ultra).  I left it as-is, turned off V-sync and ran (2) 1080p monitors in NVIDIA Surround (3840 x 1080).  VRAM utilization was around 7GB; RAM utiliziation was 13-17GB.  GPU was quite often running at 95-99%; CPU between 38-45%.  I'll try to get screenshots, but inside cockpit I was running a very stable 50-65fps.  My only real drops came during the pre-flight cut scenes showing the computer taxi to runway - then it would run 25-40 FPS usually.

I'll see what happens on Ultra tonight, but I still have some tweaking of my hardware (I don't think CPU HT was enabled, and I quit looking for the FS .exe file for NVIDIA 3D control).  I won't say the 2080 Super is inexpensive, but I picked this up for around $775 - definitely a lot less than a 2080ti for what I certainly consider great performance.  But to each their own.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Hi Guys, Have run every version of MSFS from FS2 up to FSX.  I used to be quite active here but have done little simming since 2015.  Recently, I've been putting a system together with the new sim in mind.  AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8 core 16 thread with 16 gigs of RAM and need to replace my old GTX 570 video.  Thinking an Nvidia 2070 is affordable but the 2080 is a lot more expensive.  Should I get the 2070 or wait a bit for the 2080 bearing in mind that my monitor is only a 22 inch Dell running 1680 x 1050 and I'm not planning an expensive monitor upgrade in the near future. I'm thinking that the 2070 should be OK.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Moreover, the sim never runs in real full screen mode. The Full screen mode is actually a borderless window mode.

In fact I had to enable GSync in windowed mode in order to have it working.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

3 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Moreover, the sim never runs in real full screen mode. The Full screen mode is actually a borderless window mode.

In fact I had to enable GSync in windowed mode in order to have it working.

What are talking about?

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Hi Guys, Have run every version of MSFS from FS2 up to FSX.  I used to be quite active here but have done little simming since 2015.  Recently, I've been putting a system together with the new sim in mind.  AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8 core 16 thread with 16 gigs of RAM and need to replace my old GTX 570 video.  Thinking an Nvidia 2070 is affordable but the 2080 is a lot more expensive.  Should I get the 2070 or wait a bit for the 2080 bearing in mind that my monitor is only a 22 inch Dell running 1680 x 1050 and I'm not planning an expensive monitor upgrade in the near future. I'm thinking that the 2070 should be OK.

New gpu announced on 1st September. Wait until then.

• Like 1

I'm out of ideas what to try to get rid of the microstutters I have. I have a decent rig (see signature) and a bandwidth of 250 Mbit/s. Still the sim stutters, best noticable in turns. Regardless if I use Ultra or LowEnd settings, regardless if I set 4K or HD.

I think I just quit using it until a solution is present. Really,

Here is a video: I made it flying somewhere in the desert of Africa. There's barely enough content to see the stutters.

https://vimeo.com/449355576

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 minutes ago, kaha said:

I'm out of ideas what to try to get rid of the microstutters I have. I have a decent rig (see signature) and a bandwidth of 250 Mbit/s. Still the sim stutters, best noticable in turns. Regardless if I use Ultra or LowEnd settings, regardless if I set 4K or HD.

Here is a video: I made it flying somewhere in the desert of Africa. There's barely enough content to see the stutters.

Karl

Have you tried updating your rolling cache to something closer to 100GB? I noticed you have it set at 8GB.  Not a big guarantee but worth a shot.  I'm at a loss why you are having the problems, we have similar rigs (with mine lesser than yours) and I have no issues at 3920x1080. The stuttering is strange - you maintain FPS but its as you describe - a stutter.

I'm guessing that you have the new NVIDIA drivers installed.  The other thing to check, if you CAN use v sync - there are some posts about running V sync at 30 FPS and then using motion blur on the monitor.  Just a few thoughts for you.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Thank You. Yes, latest driver is installed. Vsync on/off and/or 30/60 fps and/or "half refresh rate" in Nvidia Inspector does not help.

Iwill now try the rolling cache.

Karl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Settings
  1. Open Start Menu and tap on Settings cog icon.
  2. In Settings, click on 'System' and open 'Display' tab.
  3. Under the “Multiple Displays” section, select “Graphics settings”.
  4. Turn on or off “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” option.
  5. Restart the system.

Thank you!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I made 100GB rolling cache on a M.2 SSD. Didn't help, still stutters. I will now try the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.

Karl

16 minutes ago, kaha said:

Karl

It's possibly your antivirus. I had the same thing with FSX and DCS World. Made exclusions in the antivirus software (Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes) and now smooth as silk. I don't have the problem in FS2020 yet

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

31 minutes ago, rooitou said:

It's possibly your antivirus. I had the same thing with FSX and DCS World. Made exclusions in the antivirus software (Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes) and now smooth as silk. I don't have the problem in FS2020 yet

Thx, I'll check.

Karl

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling was on. I switched it off, no change.

My Antivirus software is MS Defender. I have all my relevant folders and drives excluded, but cannot exclude the Folder "Program Files/Windows Apps".

It looks I'm at a loss now.

By the way: P3D V5 is running fine and smooth on my rig.

Karl

I am running this sim on 17 inch laptop. 32gb ram, i9 core 10th gen CPU, 3 cooling pipes an d3 fans, RTX 2080 super, 2gb SSD, 300 hz refresh rate monitor.

Resolution 1920x1080.

Rural areas about 50 to 60 FPS. Custom setting (mixed with ultra and high setting) Ultra mostly.

In New york with AI plane 747  about 35 to 42 FPS.

I am very happy. No stuttering. Everything runs very smooth

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

PC Gamer posted an article on the impact of data streaming on FPS:

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-sim-2020-data-features-performance/

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU