Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

On 8/17/2020 at 8:59 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

9900KS  watercooled 5GhZ 

32gb ram

2080ti

3840x1600 ultrawide 

Sim is around 30-45 FPS over my home town on Newcastle upon tyne, using real weather and C152. Settings defaulted to ultra, I left them there. 

Geordie! I was born in South Shields!

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Performance is just dandy using recommended settings of High-End and full realism @ 1920x1080, (i7 4790K, 32 MB DDR3, Nvidia 1660ti, 1TB Evo SSD)  and as for FPS, I havent looked nor do I plan on doing so.  The longer I fly without knowing, the happier I am going to be!!!!!

😀

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Which version do the ones have where it runs smooth?

My version stutters, its the Deluxe.

LG,

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

47 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I'm seeing opposite, 95-100% CPU and 20-30% GPU no matter the settings with bad stuttering. Something isn't right. 

Set to 'High' in settings with 1920x1080P (Render and level of detail 200)

If smooth move up resolution a bit at a time.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Sorry, it's Premium.

Kark

l

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

12 minutes ago, David Mills said:

People who've read my posts on this forum the last year know that I've been one of the most enthusiastic supporters of the new sim. Throughout the entire alpha-beta test program (which I was a part of from Day One), I got outstanding performance at 4K even on my middle-of-the-road equipment. During the final beta, which ended a few days ago, my system ran the sim beautifully and smoothly. The release version, however, is almost unusable for me. Something, somewhere, somehow got dramatically changed. I'm using the identical settings on the identical hardware. What in the world happened?

Hi David,

I wonder if it's got something to do with scenery downloading speed inconsistency, now that there are so many more people flying the sim simultaneously than likely ever occurred during alpha/beta testing? Reading through these forums today, there seems to be such inconsistent performance on different people's systems that doesn't seem to be making much sense based on computer specs. I wonder if MS has particular scenery areas located on particular server clusters that aren't performing well when they are particularly popular areas to fly in and download demand is really high? Have you tried different areas of the world to fly in and have you tried flying over the same area multiple times to benefit from caching, to see if your performance is always bad?

I don't have the sim yet, so I'm only trying to come up with ideas.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, F1le said:

What spec?

i5 7600K, 1070ti, 16GB ram. I tried uninstalling nvidia drivers, restarting and installing, still the same. Low presets and it super choppy. I'm might try to cache an area and see what happens. Still 100% CPU doesn't fit what others are showing. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Quite pleased so far - 3440x1440 resolution, sim defaulted to Ultra. Tried that around Tokyo in C152, was not bad but view changes felt a little laggy/stuttery. Set to High and even view changes very smooth. Have tried the Cub Ultra around Chicago and similar smooth experience.  AA could be improved a bit, but not bad.  Using live weather and traffic with the default settings.

I currently have "hybrid" graphics settings, started with the High preset and have bumped up several of the sliders one tick up from there (like shadows, ambient occlusion, etc).  Render scaling is the biggest drag - I keep that to 100 max or I see a very noticeable decrease in frame rates (panning isn't as smooth.

I would highly recommend for people to start with a preset but then adjust individual sliders from there - a lot of flexibility built into the settings.  Don't just stick to the presets without seeing what works best.

• Like 2

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

40 minutes ago, David Mills said:

People who've read my posts on this forum the last year know that I've been one of the most enthusiastic supporters of the new sim. Throughout the entire alpha-beta test program (which I was a part of from Day One), I got outstanding performance at 4K even on my middle-of-the-road equipment. During the final beta, which ended a few days ago, my system ran the sim beautifully and smoothly. The release version, however, is almost unusable for me. Something, somewhere, somehow got dramatically changed. I'm using the identical settings on the identical hardware. What in the world happened?

David If I remember correctly you have a 1070? I have a 1070ti, maybe there is a problem with the 10 series cards. Maybe all of us should roll back drivers?  

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

38 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Geordie! I was born in South Shields!

They’ve missed the Tyne bridge out, St james park is there though 👍

Attempted to fly a 172 w/ G1000 from Bella Coola to Port Hardy in thunderstorms. Got my word not allowed kicked into a mountain! It was like a butterfly in a hurricane!

Tons of fun. Getting 40-50 FPS.

All settings maxed out. Running Live Traffic and in most cases live weather (not that Bella Coola flight where I was playing around in storms and mountains)

Running 4k @ 3840x2160 60Hz HDR, etc.

Haven't tried the PC settings in the nVidia control panel to bump it up to 120Hz just yet. I'll lose HDR but it's a trade off.

Intel Core i7-9700K - running stock clock with Cooler Master Liquid ML360R.

MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA1151

Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 4400MHz

Asus ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080TI Overclocked 11G GDDR6 - using OC settings from ASUS GPU Tweak 

Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 where my FS2020 install is (yes, I know my board only supports gen 3 M.2 but it's still faster then my NVME Samsung 950).

HTH!

-Lutra

14 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

I would highly recommend for people to start with a preset but then adjust individual sliders from there - a lot of flexibility built into the settings.  Don't just stick to the presets without seeing what works best.

100% Top Tip!

I suggest to read about the GFX settings here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-alpha-graphics-settings-and-performance-guide/100734

i did a special preset for multiplayer flying where i need maximum fps, best is around 60fps for close formation flying.

If we fly new locations i only play with the render scale until my fps fits well again.

This is from one of our multiplyer flights today with live weather around where i live, the settings gives me around 50-60fps (ignore the german talking and bad flying ;p)

https://youtu.be/y8WzhC4booU

Loaded up the Sedona flight lesson, low settings. After several seconds it seemed to load or catch up with the GPU at 90-95% and it was butter smooth, even showing my 120FPS cap. Using MSI afterburner, my FPS and stutters were then directly tied to GPU utilization, but how to keep it there... Could it be a driver issue?

EDIT: Just realized it didn't re-download the current drivers after removing. I'm going to install latest drivers and do  a restart and see what happens. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reignman40 said:

David If I remember correctly you have a 1070? I have a 1070ti, maybe there is a problem with the 10 series cards. Maybe all of us should roll back drivers?  

I already updated to the game-day-release driver, then rolled it back, then reinstalled the new one. No difference for me. On the Asobo forum, people with practically every type of card are having similar issues, which, ironically, weren't present in the beta just a few short days ago. This is weird.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.