Sign in to follow this  
aatd

FSUIPC 7 -- How to Install and Use?

I have three quick questions on FSUIPC 7:

1)  Am I correct that FSUIPC 7 is needed for MSFS 2020, that version 6 will not work? (i.e., for those who use FSUIPC for their mix of hardware);

2)  Where do I go to download version 7?  (Is this an upgrade from the paid version of 6, or is it a new purchase?)  And;

3)  Should it be installed before downloading MSFS 2020?  Going forward, does it need to be Run before running MSFS 2020?  (I understand that it no longer resided "inside" the sim).

Thanks everyone,

Brian

Edited by brianVancouver
for clarity

Sorry, another question...

The FSUIPC 7 installation instructions call for moving the "SimConnect.dll" into the new folder.  It says it "can be found in the MSFS SDK".  Pardon my not being terribly computer savvy, but can someone tell me how I locate the MSFS SDK?

Thanks folks,

Brian

9 minutes ago, brianVancouver said:

The FSUIPC 7 installation instructions call for moving the "SimConnect.dll" into the new folder.  It says it "can be found in the MSFS SDK".  Pardon my not being terribly computer savvy, but can someone tell me how I locate the MSFS SDK?

Same for me...???

In order to install the SDK, you need to:

• Enable Developer mode. In Options, go to Developer, and enable developer mode. This will enable the developer menu at the top of the sim.
  • Click Help -> Download SDK in the developer menu
  • That will open a web browser and start the SDK installer download
  • When the download is complete, run the installer file. The installer will install the SDK files into the folder of your choosing.
  • The SimConnect DLL can be located in the SimConnect SDK\lib folder in the SDK install location
  • Like 1

Just now, MattNischan said:

• Enable Developer mode. In Options, go to Developer, and enable developer mode. This will enable the developer menu at the top of the sim.
  • When the download is complete, run the installer file. The installer will install the SDK files into the folder of your choosing.
  • The SimConnect DLL can be located in the SimConnect SDK\lib folder in the SDK install location

thanks!

3 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Seriously??? To install FSUIPC, which is a what, 500k tool, I need to download a 1,3GB(!!) file, to get another 1MB DLL? Not that I really care, since my internet can take it, but it is a bit far reached.

• Like 2

Thank you Matt.  I appreciate you're taking the time to walk me through it,

Regards,

Brian

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brianVancouver said:

Thank you Matt.  I appreciate you're taking the time to walk me through it,

That too, thanks for the walkthrough.

Edited by SimonC
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, SimonC said:

To install FSUIPC, which is a what, 500k tool, I need to download a 1,3GB(!!) file, to get another 1MB DLL?

Yeah, for now anyway. I don't know why FSUIPC doesn't just bundle the DLL, since it relies on a specific DLL version anyhow. But there may be a reason I'm not envisioning.

Hi guys. I hope you don't mind me jumping here. 

I am a bit confused with the process how to install v7. Need some clarification please regarding installation instructions.

1. "copy the FSUIPC7.exe and FSUIPC7.key files to this folder (or simply move the FSUIPC7 folder created when you unzip to the required location".  What is required location in MSFS2020? 

2. "If you have previously used FSUIPC, you can also copy and rename your FSUIPC4/5/6.ini file to the FSUIPC7 installation folder as FSUIPC7.ini, and aksi remember to copy any other auxiliary
files or folders you may use (.mcro, .lua, .dll, Profiles, etc)." I cannot fined ini. files from FSUIPC6 version in P3D (if this is what I need to use to rename it). 

Thanks for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

14 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Hi guys. I hope you don't mind me jumping here. 

I am a bit confused with the process how to install v7. Need some clarification please regarding installation instructions.

1. "copy the FSUIPC7.exe and FSUIPC7.key files to this folder (or simply move the FSUIPC7 folder created when you unzip to the required location".  What is required location in MSFS2020? 

2. "If you have previously used FSUIPC, you can also copy and rename your FSUIPC4/5/6.ini file to the FSUIPC7 installation folder as FSUIPC7.ini, and aksi remember to copy any other auxiliary
files or folders you may use (.mcro, .lua, .dll, Profiles, etc)." I cannot fined ini. files from FSUIPC6 version in P3D (if this is what I need to use to rename it). 

Thanks for looking. 

1. you can install version 7 anywhere...simply create a FSUIPC7 folder and extract the contents of the zip file there. You'll have to manually launch FSUIPC7 via its exe file.

2. You don't need any ini files from the previous version of FSUIPC, but if you want them, look in the Modules folder of P3D or in the \Documents\Prepar3D v5 (or v4) Add-ons folder for them.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

22 hours ago, SimonC said:

Seriously??? To install FSUIPC, which is a what, 500k tool, I need to download a 1,3GB(!!) file, to get another 1MB DLL? Not that I really care, since my internet can take it, but it is a bit far reached.

If you have the Steam Edition, go to FS 2020 installation folder, default being C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\icrosoftFlightSimulator\

There is a "Simconnect.dll" there