Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Which setting did you find is the biggest FPS killer?

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Why don't you run it at a lower resolution and then scale it UP to 4K? That should give you a considerable amount of FPS without any noticeably drop in quality towards native 4K.

i tested both ways, same fps. But on a native 4k it looks better the way i describe above, much better.

It‘s kind of hilarious, we finally got a sim with live traffic out of the box, a dream come true, only to turn it off instantly because it kills the sim. Asobo...

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

i never changed my traffic settings, allways everything on 50.

Have to test this later, but i doubt this will give any additional fps.

40 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It‘s kind of hilarious, we finally got a sim with live traffic out of the box, a dream come true, only to turn it off instantly because it kills the sim. Asobo...

Well, maybe they can optimise this in the next few months.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

If you have an ultrawide screen and strugling with stutters and fps, go to windowed mode and set the resolution lower ie 2k. Basically gave me a new sim (a new, new sim). 

Judging what you said we might have the same monitor specs.  Did you keep the 21:9 aspect ratio or return it to a normal 1440p aspect ratio in windowed mode?  I'm getting a solid 40 fps right now in Minneapolis but it's tempting to try and get more.

The aspect ratio is the same, I basically cannot see the difference. No warping or anything, but thats only if I use windowed mode. Ive tried all the available resolutions in sim other than the max which is my native resolution, and they all look absolutely terrible. Unplayable, in fact. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

So I think another suggestion to help with the tearing was to set V-Sync to 1/2 in the external GeForce settings and then disable V-Sync inside the game, right?

9 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I think it's AI traffic that people are saying is killing the FPS, not the live traffic.  Because AI traffic requires additional calculations by the CPU. I have yet to test this myself as I am just using the preset suggestion settings and so far, the FPS is decent for me.

14 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The aspect ratio is the same, I basically cannot see the difference. No warping or anything, but thats only if I use windowed mode. Ive tried all the available resolutions in sim other than the max which is my native resolution, and they all look absolutely terrible. Unplayable, in fact. 

I believe when in windowed mode, it will slightly loose performance, as it will then run in DWM.

Windows 10, like Windows 8 before it, forces the use of the Desktop Window Manager. (desktop compositor)

This means that any application running in a window will have triple buffering applied to it.

If you disable V-Sync in a game that is running in a window, the framerate will be uncapped and is no longer synchronized to the refresh rate - as expected. However you won't get any screen tearing because triple-buffering is applied via the DWM.

If you want to disable V-Sync and still get screen tearing, run the game in fullscreen exclusive mode. That way the game should bypass the DWM."

I find cockpit view kills my fps. Wonder what settings we can change to cockpit quality a tad bit lower to increase FPS.