Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewing

Trackir in msfs 2020

Hello everyone 

Downloaded 2020 today, and having loads of problems. Looks beautiful though, looking forward to ironing out my problems so I can enjoy it fully. This question is specific to trackir, I have posted re other issues in another thread. Does anyone know how to activate track ir in 2020? 

Any help would be great. 

Thx

Karl

Edited by Eaglewing
Typo

I believe all you have to do is download the latest Games inside the the TrackIR app.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Most welcome!

Enjoy!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Mine is not working either, I updated my game list and I see MSFS 2002,2004, X and Microsoft Flight and ESP.

1-8-19-2020-6-33-33-PM.png

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

10 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

Mine is not working either, I updated my game list and I see MSFS 2002,2004, X and Microsoft Flight and ESP.

You started TIR software prior to starting FS right?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks guys, it's working now. I didn't have it started before I launched the sim. 😊

I use TrackIR with my setup 4790K@4.3 GHz, 32 DDR RAM, 1080TI, SSD, G-SYNC 1440p monitor, with medium settings in MSFS. However, I still have regular stutters and freezes, which is line with the FPS window of the developer mode, where the main thread is often shown in red. The FPS vary between 20 and 60 however, so FPS per se is not the problem, but rather its variation.

However, when I terminate TrackIR most of the stutters were gone.

Anybody else experiences stutters using TrackIR with MSFS?

Is there a way to engage TrackIR once MSFS is running?

Cheers,
Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I don’t see any stutters with Track IR running vs not running.

if you have already started the sim and forgot to start TrackIR, press Alt-Tab on your keyboard and start it in the normal way. Alt-Tab back into the sim if it does not do so automatically.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I just finally dug out and installed my TrackIR last night and have no issues during its use testing it.  I would imagine if there are stutters its more due to other factors vs. TrackIR itself.

Does it use simconnect?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

if you have already started the sim and forgot to start TrackIR, press Alt-Tab on your keyboard and start it in the normal way. Alt-Tab back into the sim if it does not do so automatically.

This does unfortunately not work.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I just wish that F9 would actually stop the head tracking until I press it again. It only works for about 5 seconds and then resets the view forward. Makes it impossible for me to set and program the instruments while flying. Most annoying thing ever.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64