Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Official Oceania Trailer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As we have already observed in another thread this is basically false advertising. Currently these watermasks are not in the game yet.

That is not mentioned.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Farlis said:

As we have already observed in another thread this is basically false advertising. Currently these watermasks are not in the game yet.

That is not mentioned.

I mean, it is a trailer. Trailers are usually released before things.

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I mean, it is a trailer. Trailers are usually released before things.

Maybe a disclaimer should have been added that it is a WIP.

I just took off from Moto Mute airport and can confirm that I don't have the masking shown on the trailer.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

3 hours ago, michaelray said:

Maybe a disclaimer should have been added that it is a WIP.

I just took off from Moto Mute airport and can confirm that I don't have the masking shown on the trailer.

What is the "masking" referred to.   Sorry to be so uninformed.   Thanks

I was hoping after Palau, where I have friends, they would come north to the Mariana Islands of Guam/Rota/Saipan.   But no joy.

Masking is the technique they use to achieve that nice shade of pale blue for shallow water. If you look at Bing maps it doesn't give a true representation of this shallow water. It has to be edited via a separate process.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

That is not mentioned.

I mentioned this already and ill do it again. What we got is a work in process im not upset at the point were i feel the rights to go ALL OUT nit pick and also  use the False Advertising sentence when it comes to all this trailers i had seen ... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Is this part of the World Map Update 1 that will be coming soon?

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

16 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

I mentioned this already and ill do it again. What we got is a work in process im not upset at the point were i feel the rights to go ALL OUT nit pick and also  use the False Advertising sentence when it comes to all this trailers i had seen ... 

I think, as you’ll see from the threads here, it’s more than “nitpicking”.

In this particular case, it’s the lack of a major feature that was advertised as being in the sim from the point of the first trailer. If you’re flying over the ocean in the tropics, it’s a pretty big deal.

• Upvote 7

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

37 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I think, as you’ll see from the threads here, it’s more than “nitpicking”.

In this particular case, it’s the lack of a major feature that was advertised as being in the sim from the point of the first trailer. If you’re flying over the ocean in the tropics, it’s a pretty big deal.

Exactly. And the way it was advertised implied that shallow waters were the new standard. Yet, it is only the exception.
They could have shown a million things in the trailers that are actually in the release. But they choose to show shallow waters over and over. That was obviously on purpose.

Yes, it will probably get updates sometime over the course of the next ten years. Yay!

Edited by Carlosx

3 hours ago, espent said:

Is this part of the World Map Update 1 that will be coming soon?

I sure hope so. If so that would be a nice enhancement to the current release. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

To be honest - there have been trailers that do not match what we get in game and advertise to much. At the same time there have been trailers from alpha/beta showing many bad stuff that is now fixed. So in the end we got a good mix of what the current state is and what might come with the next updates. At least this is what I hope because flying in the alps was way better in P3D and freeware austria when it comes to ground textures.

Gabriel

Hold on, don't tell me that this 'world update 1' and/or the water masking will be paid dlc...?

Roi Ben

16 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Hold on, don't tell me that this 'world update 1' and/or the water masking will be paid dlc...?

No, it'll be part of their standard, free upgrades/patches they will be releasing periodically from what I've gathered.

The video looks absolutely brilliant so once that water masking is sorted it'll be a great addition. They have to be designed by hand so they are probably getting round to them all eventually. Its already been done in certain areas.. not sure where though..?

Edited by AllRed
  • Like 1