Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

MakeRunways extracts data from the MSFS, FSX or P3D scenery files and puts it into .csv files and other formats that mere mortals and their programs can read.  Pilot2ATC uses this output to read Taxiway, Runway and Gate data primarily for use in creating taxi instructions.

To see detail on how P2A uses it, read the section in the User's Operations Guide that describes Taxi Maintenance.

Dave

Question about Pilot2APC with MSFS 2020: If to use it I have to disable all MSFS ATC voices and options, how would I know what gate to taxi for, so the jetway would extract and connect and the marshal would show me where to park? Is there a way for this part to work with Pilot2ATC somehow? Or does it mean the part with marshals and animated jetways is not working with Pilot2ATC in any way?

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Pilot2ATC does not do any of the SIM marshalling.  Some users switch to MSFS ATC for taxiing in to the gate so they get the ground crew and jetway action.

Dave

On 1/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Pilot2ATC does not do any of the SIM marshalling.  Some users switch to MSFS ATC for taxiing in to the gate so they get the ground crew and jetway action.

Dave

Makes sense, but the instructions say disable all MSFS ATC. What would the correct settings be so I could use MSFS just for taxiing and parking? Also, just out of curiosity, are you planning to switch to MS Azure voices? They do sound so much more natural...

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Started the trail but I'm getting an issue where upon starting P2A, It opens up the window and say there is "CLOCK MUNIPULATION" and trying to continue with the trail only closes the program up, can't get past this.

Please send me an email to admin@pilot2atc.com with your Settings.xml file so I can create a workaround for you.

It is located at: 

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\Settings.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Dave

Trying to connect to MSFS 2020, not happening. FSUIPC says it's connected to the sim, but P2ATC will not connect. I've followed these steps Dave posted, no luck? I get the audible ding but it does not connect. MSFS is latest, P2ATC is latest, FSUIPC is 7.0.4. I'm sitting at a gate in a cold and dark aircraft.

"No.  Just be sure the sequence is:

Start MSFS 2020

Start FSUIPC7

Start P2A

Wait for MSFS to FULLY START.  (You are in the airplane cockpit , not watching a movie)

Connect P2A"

EDIT: Sorted out, had to run P2ATC as admin, all fine after that.

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

17 hours ago, Muskoka said:

EDIT: Sorted out, had to run P2ATC as admin, all fine after that.

So, you are running MSFS and FSUIPC "as admin" for some reason? Programs need to be at the same privilege level so they can talk to each other, but I don't think you really need MSFS and FSUIPC to run "as admin" -- unless of course you are getting FSUIPC to start a program which needs to have such privileges.

Also you say:

Start MSFS 2020

Start FSUIPC7

But the current version of FSUIPC7 installs in such a way that you only need to start MSFS -- FSUIPC then loads automatically.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

So, you are running MSFS and FSUIPC "as admin" for some reason? Programs need to be at the same privilege level so they can talk to each other, but I don't think you really need MSFS and FSUIPC to run "as admin" -- unless of course you are getting FSUIPC to start a program which needs to have such privileges.

Also you say:

But the current version of FSUIPC7 installs in such a way that you only need to start MSFS -- FSUIPC then loads automatically.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I had switched to running the Sim as Admin as a suggestion for the never ending ctd problem I was having, almost every flight. I think it ended up being the version of Navigraph beta I was running instead, which was recently updated, and fixed the problem, no more ctd's. I can probably switch the Sim back, as well as P2ATC now. 

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

I had switched to running the Sim as Admin as a suggestion for the never ending ctd problem I was having, almost every flight. I think it ended up being the version of Navigraph beta I was running instead, which was recently updated, and fixed the problem, no more ctd's. I can probably switch the Sim back, as well as Fsuipc now. 

Hmm. I hadn't heard of that as a possible solution. The CTDs appear to be worse with increased SimConnect activity, which is why turning off AI (or setting a parameter in the FSUIPC settings file to stop it reading them) helps. Also, the more applications running and using SimConnect, the worse it gets.

It is really annoying because this is a new problem since the last MSFS update. I don't think it will be fixed until Asobo fixes it. They said they were looking at it, but no promises for when as yet.

The CTD problem affects all SimConnect using addons, but it gets much more noticeable with FSUIPC because its use is very intensive, receiving data all the time for all the variables involved in flight.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hmm. I hadn't heard of that as a possible solution. The CTDs appear to be worse with increased SimConnect activity, which is why turning off AI (or setting a parameter in the FSUIPC settings file to stop it reading them) helps. Also, the more applications running and using SimConnect, the worse it gets.

It is really annoying because this is a new problem since the last MSFS update. I don't think it will be fixed until Asobo fixes it. They said they were looking at it, but no promises for when as yet.

The CTD problem affects all SimConnect using addons, but it gets much more noticeable with FSUIPC because its use is very intensive, receiving data all the time for all the variables involved in flight.

Pete

I just edited my post above, it wasn't Fsuipc I was running as admin, it was the Sim itself, and P2ATC. Just woke up,  my first coffee.🙂 I've switched off admin for the Sim, and P2ATC, will see how it goes.

Why everyone is ignoring me? 

Is the MSFS2020 marshaller is now supported by P2A v2.6.2.0 ?

Edited by alonzam99

1 hour ago, alonzam99 said:

Is the MSFS2020 marshaller is now supported by P2A v2.6.2.0 ?

I don't believe so. Since afaik this can't be controlled by SimConnect I don't think P2A can do anything about it.

Dirk