Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

MSFS 2020 and ChasePlane

MSFS camera system is not working on my system. Ctrl Alt (number) doesn't save the camera view, Subsequent Alt (number) doesn't recall a view.

Using keyboard to move the camera is archaic and cumbersom. There is no replay mode.

If they can do Chase Plane for MSFS it would be an asset to the sim. But as we now realise, it was released in beta anyway. 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, charlie130 said:

MSFS camera system is not working on my system. Ctrl Alt (number) doesn't save the camera view, Subsequent Alt (number) doesn't recall a view.

Using keyboard to move the camera is archaic and cumbersom. There is no replay mode.

If they can do Chase Plane for MSFS it would be an asset to the sim. But as we now realise, it was released in beta anyway. 

It works perfectly on my system and so on many other users's. 

You use keyboard to move the camera on Chaseplane also..

Maybe there's something in your setup that is not right, you should be able to CTRL ALT then ALT. Try reset all config to default and start again.

CRTL ALT and ALT not working on one user's system doesn't mean Chaseplane has to be the solution.

Sure Chaseplane can release to MSFS but MSFS has already a camera system similar to Chaseplane, so why have an external addon to be on top of the already builtin camera system, one is enough.

I own Chaseplane myself, used it on my previous sim, now when installing MSFS I discovered the great camera system built in the sim, VERY similar to Chaseplane. I mapped my customs views to my flightcontroller buttons like in Chaseplane, and mapped my keybaord commands like in Chaseplane, easy. PLUS the MSFS has taken a lot of setup bulk of Chaseplane and integrated it behind the scene, nothing to setup, ready to go, and it is all within the sim, no need external window to go to settings etc,

Sure Chaseplane can release to MSFS but it won't be any asset, just redundancy, some people will use it...

Xav

Well I agree with the posters who said FSMS2020 cameras are a mess and far too complicated. There are many other issues as well, like no completed SDK and other bugs. Also there aren't any study level jets like PMDG, etc. and looks like a lot of additional work is required to be done before all this can become a reality. If you fly online with Heavy Iron it will be another year or more before it happens. There is also a lack of 3rd party AI traffic and of Navdata like that provided by Navigraph/Aerosoft. The sim is an incredible improvement in every sense as regards the atmospherics, world realism, etc. but we could do with Chaseplane to access the cameras more efficiently and also a peripherals and key assignments menu that is easy to read and to allocate commands to peripherals, like in FSX or P3D. If you fly GA you can already enjoy the sim with added bonus of new third party aircrafts being added. The Chaseplane developers are probably unable to create anything until the SDK is finished and published. This is just my opinion.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, ideoplastic said:

The Chaseplane developers are probably unable to create anything until the SDK is finished and published

I read this very often: the SDK is not finished yet. But what items are missed? Maybe developers and others are waiting for things which will never come (dll-managing for example) and they can't import their old programming staff (which was grown about the last decade) into the new environment and they have to invent the wheel again.

That sounds not good and maybe not every developer (especially developer who managed a lot with dll-methods) will develop the whole staff from scratch again so I can imagine that they will stick with the FSX-P3D-platform and we won't see their stuff in MSFS at all; I think on long existing, established developers for study level airplanes especially. 

But every thing has a beginning and an end; who knows, maybe new talents will arrive for developing amazing and study level addons in future for MSFS, with methods offering by the SDK? If I see the progress in developing of the mod for the A320 Neo - very exciting; nearly every day there are improvements!🙂

This could be one of the ways in the future.

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

+1 Id like to see it too in MSFS.

MSFS cameras are awful for me.

Chaseplane works great for me in P3Dv5.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Your vote can help with this. For the appearance of the camera manager in MSFS, we need several functions from Asobo.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/idea/232/camera-api.html

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I just want to add to the sentiments in this thread regarding Chaseplane. Trying to use MSFS without it was unpleasant and tedious. Congratulations Chaseplane, you have spoiled me in regards to cameras 🙂

• Upvote 1

Why wonder why the developer hasn't  replied and offered some information about this? I've looked around the different forums, but I haven't seen any idea as to when or if there is likely to be a Chaseplane for MSFS. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 7/17/2021 at 1:36 PM, Rockliffe said:

Why wonder why the developer hasn't  replied and offered some information about this? I've looked around the different forums, but I haven't seen any idea as to when or if there is likely to be a Chaseplane for MSFS. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Microsoft has been a lot more keen on developer control on this title than previous titles. They will not allow things like .DLLs to be sold on the marketplace (and with that in mind, do you think they'll allow .EXEs?).

Chaseplane and EZCA have both been external programs, but unfortunately, the very nature and integral part of both of those programs have been cut out of MSFS. MSFS sandboxes it's 3rd party programs, meaning it's isolated from external communication. (Usually used in software testing or cybersec).

We've already seen the likes of RealityXP been shut down because of his use of an external program, the Garmin Trainers. Unfortunately, until Microsoft offers some more developer freedom, I don't think Chaseplane or EZCA is going to happen (at least in the traditional sense).

2D Panels are also nonexistant in MSFS, they completely gutted it or they didn't add it at all, so you can't have the camera addon act as a 2d panel, because it doesn't exist in the first place!

And as said before, their camera "API" is more or less an "AI" as not a lot of properties can be programmed. Asobo has ben quiet about camera APIs, and when they'll respond is a mystery in itself. 

Reason why developers haven't said anything, is because there is nothing to say. MSFS literally doesn't have the infrastructure to have Chaseplane or EZCA be properly implemented, and until MS changes that, don't expect a whole lot. 

Edited by arwasairl
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Microsoft has been a lot more keen on developer control on this title than previous titles. They will not allow things like .DLLs to be sold on the marketplace (and with that in mind, do you think they'll allow .EXEs?).

Chaseplane and EZCA have both been external programs, but unfortunately, the very nature and integral part of both of those programs have been cut out of MSFS. MSFS sandboxes it's 3rd party programs, meaning it's isolated from external communication. (Usually used in software testing or cybersec).

We've already seen the likes of RealityXP been shut down because of his use of an external program, the Garmin Trainers. Unfortunately, until Microsoft offers some more developer freedom, I don't think Chaseplane or EZCA is going to happen (at least in the traditional sense).

2D Panels are also nonexistant in MSFS, they completely gutted it or they didn't add it at all, so you can't have the camera addon act as a 2d panel, because it doesn't exist in the first place!

And as said before, their camera "API" is more or less an "AI" as not a lot of properties can be programmed. Asobo has ben quiet about camera APIs, and when they'll respond is a mystery in itself. 

Reason why developers haven't said anything, is because there is nothing to say. MSFS literally doesn't have the infrastructure to have Chaseplane or EZCA be properly implemented, and until MS changes that, don't expect a whole lot. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation Aaron. Very helpful.I had no idea about the constraints some devs are experiencing. Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Looking forward to chaseplane in MSFS. The current MSFS system is clunky at best, and doesn't give realistic "shake" effects. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Chaseplane is a simple program that is very easy to use. It's a shame Microsoft opposes certain developers just because they are certain to use DLLs. What nonsense! What are they afraid of?

I vote for Chaseplane!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, ralba1110 said:

Chaseplane is a simple program that is very easy to use. It's a shame Microsoft opposes certain developers just because they are certain to use DLLs. What nonsense! What are they afraid of?

I vote for Chaseplane!

Me too.

Dave Taylor gb.png