Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The stutters, no matter how powerful your rig is..

It runs smoothly with a 4790k, HT never disabled. GTX 1080.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I get good performance but have a 4 core i5-7600k. I mostly see the limited by GPU, sometimes both now with the  limiter. Looks like 4 core are showing age with this sim for sure.  

Right, what yo are seeing is that the engine is engaged across pretty much evenly, the Main Thread, the CPU, and the GPU.  If you run FPS full out...and have the FPS meter showing what's happening...AND if you have stutters...you should see that the MAIN THREAD in RED (overload condition) is pretty much staying in view, continuously, no matter what you are doing..no matter where you are in the sim.  Since I have again pegged my nVidia to 31..I have smooth animation...and the FPS meter shows the flow across all three 'culprits'....

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Don’t have that issue with a HT cpu....... 

My HT is on, Lan, and I am not saying that everyone is having this issue. Of course not..but only suggesting a possible fix, if you are. If your system is not offering you stutter free, smooth animation.  If not...no harm to try what I suggested for a what if....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

17 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, W6, I report cause and effect.  On my system, my four core system,  the Main Thread was pegged and the sim was running very badly, not capped.  I capped, and once more went to absolute smoothness of animation.  If others are having problems...it doesn't hurt to try this offered solution at least...

OK, but you're doing the whole high drama act proclaiming that there is "definitely" a bug related to the main thread in the sim, when it looks more likely that it's your aging quad-core CPU hitting its limits.  The title you chose suggests that stutters are a foregone conclusion...a fact of life...no matter how powerful a system you run, which I definitely dispute based on my experience.

So let's dial back the capitalized overemphasizing and have a rational discussion rather than jumping to conclusions based on a few observations and a lot of guesses.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I have an i7-8700 3.2 ghz, 32 gig ram, GTX 1060, NEVER HAD ANOTHER SIM INSTALLED. as delivered Windows 10, happily running at 40+ frames per second, using all cores...  average usage is around 52% CPU,  84% GPU  Nvidia showes pretty much even distribution across cores, have a rolling Cache of 300 Gbytes and everything operating of an old fashioned hard drive and using slightly below Ultra settings on 1080 HD and not a stutter in sight, which for me is amazing considering the weeks of work I had to put into previous sims just to get off the ground in the lowest res possible 🙂

Oh yeah.. and I am operating on WiFi not a direct connection. 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
added WiFi
  • Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

No stutters for me either, but I am GPU limited big time atm.

GPU (1070) @1440p 30-40fps depending on combo of high and ultra settings - 3900x never goes above 22%, even in NY.

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

20 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

It runs smoothly with a 4790k, HT never disabled. GTX 1080.

Same on my 4790K with a GTX970. As long as I stay out of the very dense metropolitan areas (like Manhattan) I can run on Ultra with very acceptable framerates and I have no noticeable stuttering at all. I have HT enabled also and the spread across all eight cores is fairly even. I don't see any "main thread" problem (but I am GPU limited....sigh).

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Here is a tip for those running ultra settings and getting stuttering. Change terrain level of detail to 100 and object level of detail to 100. Leave everything else at ultra. Smooths it right out. 

I have stutters very often. Whatever settings I have tried stutters are still there (and I have relatively new PC). 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I have tried everything proposed so far over this weekend. I can get 60 or 24 fps on a 4K screen depending on the "tweaks", but it's always the same visual experience and more or less annoying stuttering. Reminds me of the old times and the endless tweaking discussions. Personally, I believe it's the old engine again that they are selling to us but obviously I cannot prove it. Waiting for improvement at 3,99 a month is ok for me.  

Hans

Just now, hjsmuc said:

I have tried everything proposed so far over this weekend. I can get 60 or 24 fps on a 4K screen depending on the "tweaks", but it's always the same visual experience and more or less annoying stuttering. Reminds me of the old times and the endless tweaking discussions. Personally, I believe it's the old engine again that they are selling to us but obviously I cannot prove it. Waiting for improvement at 3,99 a month is ok for me.  

I have o stutter when I played so I'm not sure where yours is coming from. Did you try to enable developer mode and see what is holding you back ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Personally, I believe it's the old engine again that they are selling to us but obviously I cannot prove it.

Yet Asobo officially state it was created on their own in-house game engine. You believe this is all a lie?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

Did you try to enable developer mode and see what is holding you back ?

As I said, I spent about 15 hours this weekend to try. I had a good experience on Alpha 2 with my rig, then it went south. I suppose it's the streaming feature. Stuttering at more than 60fps reminds me of the good old FSX. Hard to understand why the developer mode tells me that my GPU is not good if it achieves these fps, right? Or am I missing something?

Hans

1 minute ago, hjsmuc said:

As I said, I spent about 15 hours this weekend to try. I had a good experience on Alpha 2 with my rig, then it went south. I suppose it's the streaming feature. Stuttering at more than 60fps reminds me of the good old FSX. Hard to understand why the developer mode tells me that my GPU is not good if it achieves these fps, right? Or am I missing something?

I don't know your spec but mine is clearly bottleneck by my CPU. Apparently 3.7ghz Zen1 processor architecture is not enough to drive my RTX 2080Ti in this game but I don't have any stutter. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Yet Asobo officially state it was created on their own in-house game engine. You believe this is all a lie?

No, I don't call anyone a liar if I can't prove it. And I believe in Asobo's attempts to create something new. It's just not there, touchable and visible for me. Maybe I am just part of the few who expected more. I am happy for everyone who believes that this is the holy grail. 

Hans